• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Established Member
west-ham.jpg

Premier League is finally back and our team is in good shape!

Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Ramsey - Coquelin
Chamberlain - Özil - Cazorla
Walcott

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

West Ham under Bilic will be quite interesting, they seem a tad feisty now.

Anyways I agree with the team might as well stick with the same team that beat Chelsea, give Theo another chance and Groud 25/30 minutes off the bench so both can stake a claim to play there against Palace.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yep. Don't see why we would change the team tbh. Maybe Debuchy in for Bellerin but I'm sure Wenger will stick with him for one more game at least.

Strange to think we're starting the season with cazorla on the wing again lol but when you've got Theo and Ox up top it kind of makes up for it.

2-0 Arsenal- Koscielny and Theo

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'm up for Giroud being on the bench for this, needs a couple of sub appearance to finish off his fitness because he looked well off the pace in preseason.

Loken

I don't think we'll ever see Cazorla on the wing again, unless injury/ suspension forces it.

The midfield is so fluid that sometimes he ends up there, but he will be predominantly CM.

Ramsey will most likely be played there until Wilshere/ Sanchez come back. Then it'll be a pretty intense fight for the CM position next to Coquelin. I hope Wenger rotates this season, given he now has the quality depth resources to do so.

Honestly at home, Giroud is the man for this particular type of game. It's going to be congested, tight and there will be little space for Theo to run into. I doubt West Ham will be pushing too high up.

I'm going to say 3-1 Arsenal, really hope we get off to a bright start instead of the dodgy 2-1 last minute winner against Palace!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we'll ever see Cazorla on the wing again, unless injury/ suspension forces it.

The midfield is so fluid that sometimes he ends up there, but he will be predominantly CM.

Started there against Chelsea, unlike Wenger to mess with formation just for one game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Bellerin Kos Mert Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Walcott Özil Chamberlain
Giroud

Subs:
Ospina, Gibbs, Debuchy, Gabriel, Arteta, Cazorla, Iwobi.

I love Santi, I really do, but what he offers us at CM is different to Ramsey. Big decisions have to be made, we need Ramsey is the middle and Walcott and Ox should be our wide pairing until Sanchez is ready. Giroud, love him or hate him, is still the best striker we have. It's a long season, plenty of minutes for everyone.

Think we'll win 3-0. West Ham will make us work for it but we're in such good nick right now, confidence is high and our home form is outstanding. Fancy Giroud to keep up his fantastic record against West Ham with a brace and I think Ox will score.

Absolutely buzzing, the season begins! COYG! Bring that PL trophy to the Emirates!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We should have too much for them, Giroud has a great record against West Ham as well so I fancy him to get off the mark here.

Team picks itself really, maybe Walcott starts over Cazorla.

3-0.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
----------------------Cech
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
---------------Coquelin-Cazorla
Chamberlain------Özil-----------Walcott
--------------------Giroud

Subs: Martinez, Debuchy, Gibbs, Gabriel, Arteta, Ramsey, Alexis

A bit harsh on Ramsey, but I felt that he was the weakest of the midfield 3 options yesterday, whilst West Ham are too good for us to not play Coquelin as a protector.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
----------------------Cech
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
---------------Coquelin-Cazorla
Chamberlain------Özil-----------Walcott
--------------------Giroud

Subs: Martinez, Debuchy, Gibbs, Gabriel, Arteta, Ramsey, Alexis

A bit harsh on Ramsey, but I felt that he was the weakest of the midfield 3 options yesterday, whilst West Ham are too good for us to not play Coquelin as a protector.
He won't be dropping Ramsey so unfortunately I doubt we'll see two pace men out wide. But I agree that Santi should be back in the middle of the park with Le Coq.

Who plays up front is another guess.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Kosh Monreal
Coq
Ox Ramsey Özil Cazorla
Walcott

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Most important thing is 3pts, we have to start strong and stay strong to have a chance of the title. I think the team will be the same as Sun. Wenger will only decide what to do with Cazorla once Alexis is back, for now just stay the same. I think Alexis is back in training today so it will be a couple of weeks before we see him play.

Cech
Ramsey - Coquelin
Chamberlain - Özil - Cazorla
Walcott

RandyMarsh

Established Member
At some point though Wenger is going to have to grow a pair of balls and drop one of Caz/Ramsey or Özil. Especially when Alexis comes back.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Would love to see both Ox and Theo on the wings with Giroud up front and one of Santi or Rambo dropped, both are very good players but I just want to see us play with two proper pacey wingers for once. We still have enough talent in midfield too. However can't see Wenger doing it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Started there against Chelsea, unlike Wenger to mess with formation just for one game.
That was a specific change for this game - he said that in the post game interview. The team may be better served with Cazorla's creativity in the CM role against West Ham. The manager has some tough decisions to make.

Emibury

I think the OPs team is a good one. We are at home on our good size pitch, and West Ham have been trying to actually play a bit of football of late, so there are likely to be some gaps for Walcott to exploit up front. We probably want Cazorla out wide for possession retention without Giroud.

Swapping out Cazorla for Giroud and sticking Walcott on the wing is also a great option. Will be interesting to see what Wenger picks.

RuskyAdam

Cech
Coquelin - Cazorla
Ox - Özil - Walcott
Giroud
Giroud needs some more minutes. Good hold up play with pacey wingers should cause trouble. They're probably not as fit after some of the Euro games they've had to play. I expect a nice couple of goals, standard 3-0 win.

On a side note I can't wait to see Coq score his first goal for Arsenal. Just to see his reaction

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
West Ham have a Europa League fixture in Romania on Thursday, that should give us another little advantage. I think they'll turn out to be a pretty good team eventually but no reason we shouldn't beat them on Sunday.

I'm going for TGG's lineup and a comfortable 3-1 win.

BigDane

Glad we're facing West Ham this early, before their players have had time to gel and adapt to the league. They have a very interesting squad with good additions this summer.

Cech
Debuchy Kos Mert Monreal
Cazorla Coquelin
Walcott Özil Ramsey
Giroud

Have to start with Cazorla for this one, our most instrumental player. Gird should be off to a good start against this lot, looked bright when he came on yesterday.

This_is_The_Year

I'm up for Giroud being on the bench for this, needs a couple of sub appearance to finish off his fitness because he looked well off the pace in preseason.

It is however a game that suits Giroud very well - if we are to match our strikers to specific teams rather than picking a 1st and 2nd striker Giroud should start this.

Le coq shouldnt play this one either - he isnt needed and we should not waste him this season on what is a "walkover" at home if we play him in games like this he is going to play 55+ games this year - something he has never even been close to before, if West ham starts to dominate us at home he is still on the bench - but hardly likely that he will be needed - maybe to see the game out.

-------------------Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny- Monreal
------------Ramsey - Cazorla
Walcott---------Özil-----------Ox
----------------Giroud

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom