• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessygoal

It's not preseason anymore, I expect Wenger to field his preferred XI, and based on last season : Cazorla, Ramsey Coquelin and Özil have to play.
In fact, I'm ready to bet that we'll see the team that faced Chelsea.

skillist

Same side as last Sunday.

Cech

Hector Sacker Kosc Monreal

Coq Santi

Ox Özil Ramsey

Theo

Positive start with a convincing performance will do nicely.

3-1

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Finally, can't describe how much I've missed the Premier League, so glad this wait is over. West Ham are a good team, have improved massively, but if we want to lift that trophy come May we need three points, no matter what.

I'm expecting Wenger to stick with Bellerin for this one, despite his performance vs. Chelsea. Rest of the back four stays the same as well. First name in the midfield has to be Coq, accompanied by either Ramsey or Cazorla. If we put Theo up top, we can fit Ox on one wing and one of Ramsey/Cazorla on the other. If Giroud comes in, Theo goes to one wing, Ox to the other and one of Ramsey/Cazorla has to be droppped. Özil will of course start. Decisions decisions..

Anyway, three points and a clean sheet would be nice. Can't be complacent though!

Can't see West Ham winning here. New manager, few new players and most of all, their best player can't play for them in this game.

Plutarch

West Ham are playing in Romania on Thursday, tough journey for them, especially as they drew their home leg 2-2. You'd think they'd send a strong team but I see their manager is reported as saying he might send the reserves instead, saving his better players for the premier league. Don't suppose it matters either way, we really should be winning this and getting our campaign off to a good start.

Maxim

West ham have been embarrassing in pre-season/Europa league qualifiers and we're flying and at home. Let's see how the Santi - Ramsey combo works:

Cech

Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal

Ramsey Santi

Ox Özil Theo

Giroud

fabo

6.51 / 10
West Ham are getting spanked, that much is obvious. They are our banker side.

Chance for the attackers to get off the mark.

Also one big decision for Wenger as to whether Giroud or Walcott starts. If both do, one of Ramsey or Ox hit the bench which I doubt. I'd say he'll go with Walcott through the middle before reverting back to Giroud soon enough.

Linson

1st game of the season proper. I, personally, would go with tried and tested and ease Walcott in to the central role when we've got a couple of games under the belt and Sanchez back.

For me:

------------------------------Cech-----------------------------

--Debuchy------Mertesacker-Koscielny---Monreal

--------------------Coquelin--------Ramsey----------------

----------------------------------Özil-------------------------------
-Walcott--------------Giroud---------Oxlade-Chamberlain

Subs
Özil / Cazorla
Ramsey / Wilshere
Debuchy / Bellerin

3-0 gooners

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Özil, Ramsey, Alexis and Caz are all Wenger's favourites. They are all guaranteed to start if fit.

Theo, Ox, Coq, Wilshere & Giroud will be battling it out for the remaining places.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I want us to go for the kill this season, no more settling for 2-0 wins, I'd love to see us scoring 4 or 5 most weeks at home, we're capable of doing it if everybody has that killer mentality.

Linson

I want us to go for the kill this season, no more settling for 2-0 wins, I'd love to see us scoring 4 or 5 most weeks at home, we're capable of doing it if everybody has that killer mentality.

Well Jesus don't we all want that?!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
1st game of the season proper. I, personally, would go with tried and tested and ease Walcott in to the central role when we've got a couple of games under the belt and Sanchez back.

For me:

------------------------------Cech-----------------------------

--Debuchy------Mertesacker-Koscielny---Monreal

--------------------Coquelin--------Ramsey----------------

----------------------------------Özil-------------------------------
-Walcott--------------Giroud---------Oxlade-Chamberlain

Subs
Özil / Cazorla
Ramsey / Wilshere
Debuchy / Bellerin

3-0 gooners

Bit of space down that left.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Go out there and make a statement. Westham have got a ton of new players settling in and their best attacker is injured. Let's get out there, spank'em 5 nil and send a message that were coming for that title. Let's create some fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom