• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal v West Ham - 9/8/15, 13:30 - SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
TY just gets on nerves. We can lose a game, but because the other team is picking us apart, and the team is called City,Chelsea, LFC, heck even those pricks across the lot Spuds. Or a lower division team that is lethal on the counter. Not some cheap goals which any standard GK should be saving or dealing with.

Claude is a man who wears the crest on proudly, but the guy can be over emotional at times. On twitter he talks out of his arse also.

Robbie is the most company man I've ever seen. Giroud isn't good enough FFS. Ramsey needs to be dropped. Call it how it is stop worrying about your mid-season box seat invite, and Gazidis interview.

Don't even get me start with Moh. At time speaks sense at others he's an apologist for AW.

Who the hell are these people?

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
Just got back from the game, very very poor :( , we struggled from 1st minute to last minute. Everyone played badly, Kos was probably the best player, the rest were asleep. 11 years of this now, its dejavu, the same thing happens every season. We are just too unpredictable.

N0thing has changed, I same the same old frailties that we had had since 2005. Too many light players, physically always beaten in the 50-50's, and panic in the defence. We need a world class striker obviously too but its not gonna happen so no point even talking about it. Wenger is beyond stubborn.

Think there will be a lot more team who will shut us down at our own ground this season.

We just don't have the killer instict, no goal scorer. No way for our playmakers to get the ball in dangerous position.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
my god the online ridicule from so called friends is beyond sane

maybe shouldn't have posted that funny "no it is an own goal" twitter thing from the spuds ):

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Wenger even admits the problem himself:

"it was laboured, it was not sharp, it was not agile, it was not quick"

What did he expect when he played Santi on the wing with Giroud up top? I mean seriously Wenger. You want agility and pace you play natural wingers/Theo up top and don't congest the centre of the pitch with 5 playmakers.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Taken the trouble to watch this absolute dross of a performance again.

1) Not sure where the criticism of Koscielny and Debuchy come from. Sure this wasn't the greatest match from Kos. He got outmuscled by Sakho a few times and almost lost some race to loose balls but he didn't cost us anything nor help them create any dangerous situations. Debuchy was decent too in my opinion. Overlapped well to create some good crossing opportunities but nobody was in the box. There was 2 occasion where he was in tons of space but Ramsey selfishly shot inexplicably and Coquelin mis-hit his pass.

2) Our lack of midfield control was our downfall. Admittedly almost everyone in midfield had an off day in terms of passing and movement. We couldn't string any meaningful passing motion together because we kept passing the ball straight out and ruined our momentum, especially in the first half. Our midfield shape was absolutely awful as well, and Ramsey was the main culprit for it. It wasn't till the 2nd half when Wenger changed Santi into CM that we regained control of the match, but Giroud's head injury once again ruined our momentum after 15minutes of good spell. I have to say in the first half we played like we are without a left winger, because Santi is far too deep and although Özil often drift to the left, that resulted in us not having bodies in the box and we failed to be a threat to the West Ham defence.

3) Bilic have the beating of us. I thought West Ham setup pretty well today, like how his Besiktas side troubled us last season. Payet was incredibly impressive and intelligent the entire match, he will be a revelation for West Ham.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One thing that really pissed me off about the game today I suppose were the substitutions. I don't like seeing Coq get subbed off just because we're losing no matter how bad he's playing.

West Ham could have hit us for 3 or 4 on the counter if they had their wits about them. The most valuable thing when you're facing a bus-parking team is space. Cramming all our attacking players into a line was never going to work.

I would have subbed on Alexis and Theo as well but taken off say Giroud and Cazorla. Stuck Theo up front, and told Alexis and Ox to stretch the defence and get room for the full-backs.

Debuchy and Coq had bad games but the team shape went to pot the minute they came off.

General

Established Member
A loss like today is no longer disheartening. We've seen plenty disastrous results in recent years. Losing to Hull City and that permatanned idiot springs to mind. What is worrying however is that every time you think we've finally stabilised, we go and put in an off colour performance. There is no doubt that we will recover and put in a consistent run of results. But you can also expect us to unexpectedly go and surrender to the Swanseas and Stokes when the odds are strongly in our favour. There’s also a question about the perennial injuries and whether this season would be any different. Best we can hope for is second (which we would’ve achieved last season if not for the same frailties we saw today), a stronger run in the CL, and a cup. Not convinced this team has the cohesion and discipline to unseat the two oil clubs over 38games.

What piss me off is that even two years after the boring Barcelona/Spain tiki taka football were figured out, Wenger is still trying to copy it.

In theory, with Giroud, Coquelin, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Sanchez and Özil it doesn't even look beautiful. In practise it is just pure nightmare.

You have Cazorla and Özil, two masters of assist and they can't assist to anyone.

KMC

Still better then United.

We are top of the bottom of the premiership.

Wenger apparently kept the team for 45 minutes after the game.

DanielVale

And you know what's funnier....Jose is probably having himself a sneaky snigger to himself over copious amounts of caviar and Cognac.

To be honest, first game of the season...not too bothered, if it was going to happen, I'd rather this type of loss happened on the first game rather than halfway through the winter.

The day when Mertesacker will leave and you don't need to force your self to read his post match interviews anymore will be the best day of my life.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I don't understand how Wenger can get it right so many times after a game and say all the right things during interviews even before games on how individual players and the team should play and then we do hardly any of what he's saying and we lose in this kind of fashion, we have to show every team in the premier league respect, not just the big teams.

Are the players just not listening?

arsenalhumor

Hard to watch, something was really really wrong .West Ham was simply better than us.

Wenger's fault, he never learns.
his formation with Ramsey on the wing, walcott on the bench, Giroud upfront is so predictable...
and WHY NOT PLAY our most attacking to start! walcott upfront, Ramsey center ffs get some goals get in front AND THEN bring in coq and giroud at 70th minute to protect the score if we win already.

Bellerin, Walcott and Alexis are the ones makeing it happen.
Without them I feel we are mediocre, total lucklustre. Man i am so pi$$ed

West ham played 442 and did much better .

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
What piss me off is that even two years after the boring Barcelona/Spain tiki taka football were figured out, Wenger is still trying to copy it.

In theory, with Giroud, Coquelin, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Sanchez and Özil it doesn't even look beautiful. In practise it is just pure nightmare.

You have Cazorla and Özil, two masters of assist and they can't assist to anyone.
It's not just that they didn't have oppertunities to assist, our midfield failed to control the game. We should be passing that team off the pitch in theory.

infineon

Established Member
One thing that really pissed me off about the game today I suppose were the substitutions. I don't like seeing Coq get subbed off just because we're losing no matter how bad he's playing.
This is what I dislike as well. Wenger's approach to subs has never been great but I think it has become worse recently because there are certain players he won't take off so his subs end up unbalancing the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom