• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What evidence is there to support this? He's started one game in the PL, against Leicester, where he was brilliant. I don't see how 5 minutes each week gets him acclimated to the PL. He's talented enough to adjust, start him.

Barring any injuries it'll be the same team against Hull, but I'd LOVE to see both Xhaka and Perez start this.
does not look mobile. I might be wrong. I can't see his energy and movement. He looks like he wants to take his time on the ball. My observation was reinforced by the comments I have been reading.

Chelski will be pressing the midfield like devils (unless Fabregas plays). I'd prefer to start Caz as he is used to the high intensity of the derby.

Uncle Good-Advice

Michael Oliver will be the ref. We didn't win a single league game for over three years when he's been officiating and just two in his six year career as the ref... Even Dean is better in that aspect. Most of them were draws though.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Difficult to get excited for this fixture these days. We can't even score against them anymore ffs.
Costa is on fire too, first real test for the Kos-Mustafi partnership.

Good news is we aren't as bad in front of goal so far this season. Need to be ruthless in front of goal to win

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Michael Oliver will be the ref. We didn't win a single league game for over three years when he's been officiating and just two in his six year career as the ref... Even Dean is better in that aspect. Most of them were draws though.
He gave the red card at old trafford for Di Maria yes? But he bottled the second yellow for Dier in the derby against Sp**s? I like him, everytime I see him officiate a game of United he doesn't take their usual ****, diving and whining.

Uncle Good-Advice

He gave the red card at old trafford for Di Maria yes? But he bottled the second yellow for Dier in the derby against Sp**s? I like him, everytime I see him officiate a game of United he doesn't take their usual ****, diving and whining.

That's right. It was a cup game however and surprisingly we won all four cup games when he was a ref.

He don't seem to like United, last game against Watford was another example :)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's right. It was a cup game however and surprisingly we won all four cup games when he was a ref.

He don't seem to like United, last game against Watford was another example :)
Yes, if I didn't love what he does against United, I would almost say he's a bit harsh on them. He looks like a ref who really dislikes the talking **** and pressuring the ref, which United and particularly Rooney do a lot.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
does not look mobile. I might be wrong. I can't see his energy and movement. He looks like he wants to take his time on the ball. My observation was reinforced by the comments I have been reading.

Chelski will be pressing the midfield like devils (unless Fabregas plays). I'd prefer to start Caz as he is used to the high intensity of the derby.

There's nothing wrong with wanting time on the ball, he's a physically imposing player who trusts his ability. Definitely not the most agile but he times his distribution to perfection.

Stick him in there against Matic and Kante, see how he does, it doesn't get much more difficult than that.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's nothing wrong with wanting time on the ball, he's a physically imposing player who trusts his ability. Definitely not the most agile but he times his distribution to perfection.

Stick him in there against Matic and Kante, see how he does, it doesn't get much more difficult than that.
I like your positivity but sadly cannot see him competing against both Matic and Kante. They will press him if Coquelin plays, as coq cannot pass

burns718

I think ospina will start, chech has been a bit ropey lately and I think ospina not starting yesterday is because he wants him fresh for sat

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I think ospina will start, chech has been a bit ropey lately and I think ospina not starting yesterday is because he wants him fresh for sat
Are keepers usually rested? Assumed Ospina has the FA cup & Champions League. Martinez the League cup. Cech the league.

Cech brings a calmness & quality to the defense Ospina has never shown. Just cant see Wenger dropping him anytime soon let alone against his old club.

burns718

Are keepers usually rested? Assumed Ospina has the FA cup & Champions League. Martinez the League cup. Cech the league.

Cech brings a calmness & quality to the defense Ospina has never shown. Just cant see Wenger dropping him anytime soon let alone against his old club.

c has made a few mistakes recently though, and with ospina playing so well against PSG just think he will get a chance. im happy with either tbh

BobP

Memri Fan
A midfield 3 is absolutely key here, I'll boycott the game if Özil starts through the middle in a game like this.

We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What evidence is there to support this? He's started one game in the PL, against Leicester, where he was brilliant. I don't see how 5 minutes each week gets him acclimated to the PL. He's talented enough to adjust, start him.

Barring any injuries it'll be the same team against Hull, but I'd LOVE to see both Xhaka and Perez start this.

You mean Watford bro , or is my memory up the creek ?

BobP

Memri Fan
Ideal lineup would be:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Coquelin Xhaka Cazorla
Sanchez Perez Özil

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
c has made a few mistakes recently though, and with ospina playing so well against PSG just think he will get a chance. im happy with either tbh

For me still along way from being dropped even if not in his imperious best. With Costa & Chelseas usual style he will be a big asset at set pieces.

BobP

Memri Fan
Judging by the players rested lineup will be:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Coqulin Cazorla
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Sanchez

Result? We're gonna get dicked, no two ways about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom