• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They look shocking at the back, if we play aggressively and with pace they should panic a bit. I wonder if Chelsea will have Kante try to do a job on Özil which means hopefully Iwobi and Cazorla will come into their own a bit. Also Theo's record in games like these is promising and he's on good form so hopefully there can be something for him in this game too.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This will be the second real test for Mustafi. He didn't look his best against PSG. I feel like if Diego Costa sees him and Koscielny, he'll target Mustafi. Gabriel got sent off for reacting to Diego Costa attacking Koscielny. Kosc didn't even give him the time of day. I don't know how Mustafi's record is in those situations.

We look really weak though compared to the presence of Diego Costa. If we go with the same line up as Hull, we'll need a perfect game from everyone.

say yes

forum master baiter
They're a purely counter-attacking team. Can't have both Walcott and Iwobi starting.

For once I'd love Wenger to do something different. Let them have the ball most of the game -- they've got **** all creativity.

I'd drop Walcott personally. He's got a good record against Chelsea and could be useful in pinning back Azpilicueta, however think this is the kind of game we need to load up on playmakers for.

Chelsea like to flood the midfield to stifle the opposition and think Iwobi will need to drop in between the lines to help out Özil. I'd even consider starting Ramsey as well if fit - try and do what Liverpool did to Chelsea.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

for the better, IMO.

Xhaka seems to still be getting up to speed. He dawdles on the ball. Lots of posters here correctly pointed out that he is not comfortable with the pressing style of the BPL

Where was the evidence of this against Forest? :lol::lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Unchanged lineup from Hull - banker.

1-1 draw. Best we can hope for IMO.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully Terry isn't fit for our game. Luiz and Cahill are shambolic at the back, two games played, four goals conceded. We almost always get an early chance against this lot and fail to stick it away, and it ends up being one of 'those' games.

Kos and Mustafi will have to be on their game against Costa. Not only is he in great form, he'll try and wind them up constantly.

Lancelot

Established Member
I can feel that there is positive tension between our prevailing first XI and our second XI now due to the latter recent form.

The Cazorla-Coquelin partnership in midfield and Walcott in particular will need to be extra-vigilant and make sure that they do their best against Chelsea or else Xhaka-Elneny/Ramsey and Perez will swiftly take their respective places in the first XI.

For such competitive environment within the squad that Wenger has successfully created, I'd say that it's about time that we go into a big game with the belief that we are not going to mess it up, and that we can win it convincingly.

I'm gonna go with 3-1 in our favour.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I'm definitely praying.

medium_cat-praying-gif.jpg

Emibury

This will be the starting lineup:

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Coqulin Cazorla
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Sanchez​

We will lose 0-2.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Well the 2nd big test and the team need to build on recent results - a MUST win this. This team needs to lay down a marker and cement the self-confidence that has developed on the back of some good recent results.

Obviously the make up of the midfield will be of significant intrigue in the build up to the game but I smell a Coqzorla CM pairing again.

Upfront, I'm pretty sure he'll start Alexis.

If we play to our abilities we should win this game at home but as always against Chelsea it'll be nerve wracking as they do have players that can hurt our style of play and know more than most how to beat Arsenal.

I do feel a fluid front three with Alexis, Theo & Iwobi can cause some damage to their back 4 IF we can wrest control of the midfield from Matic & Kante.

2-1 to the good guys.

Isn't it about feckin' time we even scored against these pricks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom