• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

The kind of game that gives me the creeps. Chelscums will raise their game against us. We should start the same team as against Hull.Conte being a naturally defensive manager, I think they will start a midfield of kante,Oscar and matic. Costa is the danger and mustafi should not let Costa run past him like he did for Hull penalty. I think we have some kind of strange luck this season and we might win this game

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think there's definite weight behind not starting Özil for this. Hasn't started the season on fire and we could really use the midfield three.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

3-1 to The Arsenal.

For once I want the players hunger to beat Chelsea eclipse that of us fans. I'm not hateful or contemptuous of them, each team has a right to create their own history. However, what I'm truly bitter & in constant anguish about, is how one sided the record used to be in our favor before their rescue from insolvency. Leave aside for the moment the ignominy of only beating them twice in the last decade since our move to the Emirates.

Stamford Bridge, in the not so distant past, used to be as happy a hunting ground as Villa Park, if anything its seen much more memorable matches there. The 2-3 with Winterburn, of all people, to score the winner. Kanu, making a mockery of the Chelsea defence on his way to a hatrick & that 1-3 FA Cup win with Lauren's amazing solo run. At Highbury, it was always a formality, now that was a fortress!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope that the players are ready to go out and win. We really need to keep putting three points on the board.

Kiwi-Gooner

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Monreal
Coq Cazorla
Perez Özil Iwobi
Alexis
Iwobi has to start, would also be a big boost to Perez's confidence starting him in this after his performance against forest. Would like to see Alexis on the wing, but I think he'll probably be played at striker once again. Have a feeling that starting Xhaka in this game could prove to be a mistake if Kante plays, considering he likes to linger on the ball. Would much rather he came on as a late sub (same with Walcott).

Not sure how to feel about this one on the whole. There's definitely goals potentially in it for us, as Chelsea look a mess right now defensively. It could either turn out similar to Utd at home last season, or just as easily like Utd away last season. I'll settle on 3 - 1 Arsenal.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We've not beaten them since 2011, right (in the League)?

A win is due here, would be great for our momentum and mood within the camp and fanbase.

I think we'll see the same line up as vs Hull, can they do this?
Well, I'm not too convinced of the Coquezorla partnership in central midfield but we'll see I guess. Sanchez up front isn't ideal as well, although he seemed to be getting sharper recently. We definitely need to be better at the back though, although I hope Mustakos will deal better with Costa than Kosper.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We've not beaten them since 2011, right (in the League)?

A win is due here, would be great for our momentum and mood within the camp and fanbase.

I think we'll see the same line up as vs Hull, can they do this?
Well, I'm not too convinced of the Coquezorla partnership in central midfield but we'll see I guess. Sanchez up front isn't ideal as well, although he seemed to be getting sharper recently. We definitely need to be better at the back though, although I hope Mustakos will deal better with Costa than Kosper.

Kosper the friendly ghost, giving away goals for free.

Last edited:

It is vital we don't rush our selves and not doing any mistakes.

They played 120 minutes. They will be tired in last 20 minutes.

nicky47

Established Member
We're absolutely due a win against this lot, but that's not how it works unfortunately. I feel we have the team to beat them, no doubt. But they always find a way to beat us. Or like in a lot of games, we're our own worst enemy. We can't even score a goal against them!

It would be marvellous for things to go in our favour for a change, but Costa will probably have a good time against us as usual. Here's to hoping not though, and we actually step up! Managing to win here would be MASSIVE for us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Form says we should do them comfortably but it's Chelsea ffs.

So annoying that form seems to go out of the window against United and Chelsea.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't expect Xhaka or Perez to start this one which is unfortunate because I would love to watch us fight troll fire (Costa) with our own troll fire (Xhaka, Coquelin, and Perez). Although, I believe Coquelin has been calmer this season.

Probably a moot point due to fitness but Giroud just cannot play this game. Chelsea will play right into his whiny habits and it will drive me insane.

I hate these clowns so I hope we smash them off the pitch. It's unlikely but it would bring me so much joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom