• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 24th of September at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No Mourinho to perform his black magic. Conte must know right about now that you can't buy the refs in England (they're already paid for). I'm feeling confident, yes yes.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can we add a poll in here? Everytime I said we were going to lose (points), we did well. Let's keep that streak alive.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Santi will be key for us. Not sure I back our midfield combos without him to handle their pressing.

Doubt it will happen but hope we match their midfield three with Coquelin, Xhaka & Santi. Play Özil wide & Walcott as one of the games he always performs in.

arsmile

Established Member
I really don't see how we can be starting santi in CM for this one

I hope giroud makes the squad....him off the bench will be an important option

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
So Wenger's 1,000th game was vs Chelsea, and now his first after 20 years in charge is against Chelsea as well. Strange, that. :)

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Cech
Bellerin Kos Mustafi Monreal
Coq Caz
Alexis Özil Iwobi
Perez

Subs: Ospina, Gab, Gibbs, Xhaka, El Neny, Ox, Walcott/Giroud

Starting line up strong enough to give us a lead, bench strong enough to see it out. As others have said that also allows us to give them death by work rate too. Problem with my line up comes if we don't have the lead to defend. Which is why I will understand if Wenger is happy with the Hull line up.

It's only when you write it down that you see a fit Ramsey and Welbeck keeps a lot of good players on their toes.

2-1 to the boys in Red.

Xhaka Zulu

Cech
Bellerin Kos Mustafi Monreal
Coq Caz
Alexis Özil Iwobi
Perez

Subs: Ospina, Gab, Gibbs, Xhaka, El Neny, Ox, Walcott/Giroud

Starting line up strong enough to give us a lead, bench strong enough to see it out. As others have said that also allows us to give them death by work rate too. Problem with my line up comes if we don't have the lead to defend. Which is why I will understand if Wenger is happy with the Hull line up.

It's only when you write it down that you see a fit Ramsey and Welbeck keeps a lot of good players on their toes.

2-1 to the boys in Red.

Walcott will probably find his way into the starting line up.

As far as Wenger is concerned his starting XI in the league has been doing well so he wont change the line up.

We just need to be patient and play on high tempo the whole game!

Think I'd be tempted to bench Özil for this one.

Sanchez and Perez interchanging across 3 positions - RW, LW and CF.

Then a diamond of Iwobi at top, Cazorla and Coq behind, with Xhaka at the back, arrowing long balls out to the wings, and the occasional pot shot.

Depending on score, injuries and performances, but say still 0-0 , bring Özil on for Iwobi at 60 mins

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we will see the same lineup as against hull. This has not been a happy playground for us lately. A draw would not be bad, even though form might suggest that we could win.

I think we will see the same lineup as against hull. This has not been a happy playground for us lately. A draw would not be bad, even though form might suggest that we could win.

We can't afford to lose more home games against the top sides. Or even draw.

Draw or lose here and we can pretty much write us off the title challenge this season, unless miracle happens.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Chelsea always find a way to get something from us here, so I expect the same on Saturday unfortunately. Koscielny stamp on Costa needed.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope Wenger has a strong word with Mustafi and Kos about how to play Costa, so that this time the right person gets sent off!

We can win this game, their defence looked suspect against Liverpool. As always in close games you need some luck and so far this year we're doing OK on that front for a change.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
One man will be up for this:

CZk-rkyW0AA_eeq.jpg:large

Took the defeat badly last year. I think he'll do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom