• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Chelsea - Sun. Jan 24th, 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We should just send the kids to Barca, but there would be a player revolt I'm sure. Plus Ueafa would find some way to fine us or something probably.

Given our squad, would have been best had we got knocked out of Europe.

We're nothing in Europe anyway, players are too poor and Wenger probably isn't up to it against these new breed of managers on the continent.

Sweggeh

We should just send the kids to Barca, but there would be a player revolt I'm sure. Plus Ueafa would find some way to fine us or something probably.

Would be terrible. Barca would take offence to that and play even harder. Doubt losing 10-0 will be worth a few days extra rest for our starters.

Aevi

Hale End FC
3570.jpg

news-graphics-2007-_640405a.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny.

Mastadon

Established Member
Pretty miserable return from the last 3 games really expected us to do better. On the other hand we have Alexis back and Coquelin will also be back within the next few games. Having these 2 back and fresh for the 2nd half of the season will make us so much stronger.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Barcelona performance is important, not because we want to focus on the Champions League, but instead because we are a momentum based team and losses spill over into other competitions as well.

Its critical that we go away to Everton with a relatively confident frame of mind, any hammering at the Nou Camp will make things close to impossible in Liverpool.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We could still lose despite a good performance, all it takes is a referee **** up or any other matter we can't fully influence.

We're indeed momentum based, but our base level increased over the last couple of seasons, which means momentum isn't all that important anymore as we're not too bad at responding to setbacks.

General

Established Member
Pretty miserable return from the last 3 games really expected us to do better.
The moment Coq our most important player got injured with non existent cover, some of us feared this would happen. Liverpool offered us an unlikely chance to take all 3points but otherwise 2points from 9 available (away games) does not surprise me at all. Our home form masked things for a while but it wasn't going to last that long. I'd however love the chance to meet Chelsea again in the cup with a fully fit team. A very bitter defeat this one and has to be one of the worst in recent memory.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm really sorry to say this but I believe anyone hoping to gain momentum out the Barcelona match is clutching onto flimsy straws to keep from drowning.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The constant high profile defeats don't help with our brand image as well.

Our international fan base can't be as strong as it used to be and I'm sure players take notice of us and our reputation as nearly men.

We're already a bit of a joke in Europe tbh and these things can make a difference when trying to recruit talent.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm really sorry to say this but I believe anyone hoping to gain momentum out the Barcelona match is clutching onto flimsy straws to keep from drowning.

A momentum performance against Barcelona doesnt necesarily have to be a win. A disciplined performance where we compete well is enough to give the players belief that they can compete.

Any sort of hammering/humiliation will kill us, no doubt about that.

Finally, do not be too surprised if we win as well. We have many famous victories in Europe.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
"Oh hello william was just going this way too let me walk you to my goal"

0Hm8AIY.jpg

This is criminal stuff, atleast push him out wide or make him cut back FFS. The coq would have blocked him long before he made that pass. Get el neny in there pronto

I mentioned earlier in this thread that Flamini should have clattered into Willian. Get a yellow card for the team. Nothing would be risked in that situation. He only got his first yellow on 45-th minute for late tackle around Chelsea box.

If you watch the replay, you see Flamini that instead of blocking him outright, he is shaking hi slegs up as he retreats back simultaneously with Willian.

General

Established Member
Arteta's legs may be gone but I'm sure he would've put up a stronger challenge and so would Chambers. Flamini's presence actually served as a distraction and it probably would've been easier for us if he committed to the tackle and got bypassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom