• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs Chelsea - Sun. Jan 24th, 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Really, not feeling overly confident. Chelsea will up their game v. us. It's what all small teams do when facing Arsenal. :)

But since they already got their monthly win at Palace, I assume at least we can hope that we will not be losing to them.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Fancy us here. Narrowly.

Anything but a win is a disaster as we could be third once kick-off comes around.

Özil and sanchez will play, I'm sure. Great stuff.
If we do Chelsea I will really start to believe, After Chelsea, I feel we only have 3 hard league ganes left; Sp**s,United, City (Away). We are still to play a hell of alot of sh*te teams at home.

we have Everton and West Ham away and Leicester at home but I would consider none of these too difficult considering we have not lost @ Upton park in 10 years, have 1 defeat in 10 yrs @ Goodison, and have not lost to Leicester in 20 yrs....
As we have seen in the last decade against stoke, previous head to head encounters have massive importance in gaining a psychological edge. Applies to both the players and the opposition fans at the game. Overall, It can effectively beat a team before they leave the dressing room.

Which is why I think Chelsea, despite how crap they have been will be one of our last big tests.

El-Nenny in for Flam after his mandatory debut sideline stint (ala Pires/Arshavin) & a full week's training with the 1st XI.

With Alexis back, I'd like to see AW go back to the 60-70 mins of Theo ST -> Giroud suckerpunch plan.

It worked so well during our early purple patch (even against more defensive setups) & seems to bring the best out of Alexis.

Oh and I should probably introduce myself... Have been lurking/reading everything here for ages & am keen to start contributing myself :cool: COYG!!

Aevi

Hale End FC
El-Nenny in for Flam after his mandatory debut sideline stint (ala Pires/Arshavin) & a full week's training with the 1st XI.

With Alexis back, I'd like to see AW go back to the 60-70 mins of Theo ST -> Giroud suckerpunch plan.

It worked so well during our early purple patch (even against more defensive setups) & seems to bring the best out of Alexis.

Oh and I should probably introduce myself... Have been lurking/reading everything here for ages & am keen to start contributing myself :cool: COYG!!
Welcome! :)

I agree on the Walcott -> Giroud sub plan, but I understand why Wenger has been reluctant to use it as of late. The limited winger options from Alexis + Welbeck being out due to injury has forced him to move Walcott on the wing. Now that Alexis is due back though, we might be seeing that soon!

Welcome! :)

I agree on the Walcott -> Giroud sub plan, but I understand why Wenger has been reluctant to use it as of late. The limited winger options from Alexis + Welbeck being out due to injury has forced him to move Walcott on the wing. Now that Alexis is due back though, we might be seeing that soon!

I agree that AW's hand has been forced of late.

Is anyone else expecting to hear that Alexis and/or Wenger overdid it trying to rush him back again for Stoke, just like before the City game?

Would be so typical :(

Aevi

Hale End FC

I agree that AW's hand has been forced of late.

Is anyone else expecting to hear that Alexis and/or Wenger overdid it trying to rush him back again for Stoke, just like before the City game?

Would be so typical :(
Let's not speculate that! My heart already can't take all these injuries... cringed when I saw Ramsey grabbing his leg in pain today.

Welbeck, Rosicky, and Wilshere will feel like brand new signings when they come back because they have just been gone THAT long. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully Alexis and Özil both play vs Chelsea, then we can properly batter them like we haven't done in so long. Alexis we have especially been so careful with in bringing back, I think all the delays have been down to that above all else. No worries.

Last edited:

Bould14

This game really depends on how the midfield performances. Puts in a real shift we win this by a 2 goal margin if not...fear the worse.

Gooner_Delhi

As late B.B.King would put it .. "The thrill is gone" .. the last 2 performances have made me a bit pessimistic.

I can't see us winning this match, especially when fabregas is back on form and want to prove a point against us. And Costa will make it, i am sure of it.

Also i expect City to start spanking teams now, they gave us enough chances, but now we will see them pull away from us.

And please stop posting 4-0/5-0 scores, we never win whenever we get so cocky.

Damm .. i am so down :( :(

Pls Pls Pls Arsenal .. smash those ****s and lift my spirits again <prays to god>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom