• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Leicester - Sunday 14.02.2016 - 12:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashii

It was a shocker from the ref, and both teams can feel like he let them down, as he did really.

Özil should have got a FK before the Vardy pen/dive. No doubt in that, just because he doesn't jump for the ball doesn't mean you can go through him, especially when he is so far from the ball.

The ref gave hardly anything in the first half for us, he let play go unnecessarily and wound the crowd right up.

Second half he seemed to want to make up for his poor first half performance by being overly card happy, coupled with the hostile crowd and overreaction from our players for every foul. All caused by his abject first half by the way!

This resulted in a dodgy-ish red, and a a possible second penalty (not for me, there was contact but he went down ridiculously). And missing a second yellow on Le Coq. But at the same time they should have had another red for that over the ball challenge on Ramsey and I seem to recall another possible second yellow?

The ref caused the hostile atmosphere, and then he let it get to him. That's the long and short of it.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I loved it from our fans - pressuring Atkinson - Dont really think players doing it got much of an impact, but cant really blame them, seeing as everyone does it.
this just hit me, Terry and co surround the ref countless of times and try to talk with him every chance they get, that pretty much gone as a side note and noone paid attention, don't you think?

Still a firm believer in that a dive should be punished to fit the crime - How much impact does a dive in the penalty area have if its given? is it only worthy of a yellow?

I would not think it harsh if a dive in the area or one that gets a player sent off is punished by lethal injection - but I can live with a 2 month ban : O)

Pretty much never giving out even a yellow for trying to cheat - something is seriously wrong and the rules got most of the blame.
The way I see it, there's always leniency toward certain teams and certain players... kinda hard to expect a fair punishment for diving as certain individuals get leniency while other harsh public judgement.
Even among local British player, Ashley Young gets branded "diver" but Stevie G got a "solid honest player/anti-diving ambassador"... Young at least dives in proximity of opponent players....

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah genuinely don't understand what Leicester fans are complaining about.

You were given a dodgy pen after a blatant dive, a goal even more frustrating given the foul on Özil in the buildup. Red card was two obvious yellows. Stupid from your player.

Lucky to not have had another red for that shocking challenge on Ramsey.

Stoneh

Özil hardly gets any free kicks yet hes one of the few players that never dive. Wtf is wrong with refs? They are encouraging players to dive if thats only way they give free kicks and penalties.

I think with the money involved in the game, and whats at stake, FIFA need to act on it and use TV replays. Would change the game for the better and eliminate from game cheating diving ****s like Costa for example.

kopzilla

Always Negative
We pretty much gave up in stoppage time...just rewatched the 2nd half and going by the body language of our lads you got that feeling that we couldn't do any more due to the fact that either Leicester defended valiantly and our finishing was one the worst displays in recent years.

The turning point was Wasilevski charging out and fouling Monreal when the 4 minutes of injury time are almost over....Huge mistake from him and a gift for us.

Bearded Toaster

Equally angry as Furious

Malky

Established Member
Ranieri, Pellegrini and even Pochettino such a pleasure to listen to post-match after being used to Moronho (and Van Gaal's just about as bad as The Surly One).
Even though he's manager of the Chav's right now, I actually like Hiddink, the interviews I've seen he comes across as a decent, honest guy. Right now it would be foolish if Chelsea dont consider him for the full time job, he's getting the results, has the support of the players and there playing for him. Cesc, Costa and Pedro have all improved with his arrival.
I hate saying positive things about that god awful club, but its the truth! :(

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Atkinson really saw the incident with Drinkwater/Ramsey? Man should be demoted to the conference for the rest of the season.

BobP

Memri Fan
That's the thing with referee's, worst that could happen is that they're demoted for a few games, at most, then they're back officiating at the highest level? It's like temporary leave, a holiday of sorts.

Then they're back doing the same **** until again they do something so outrageous that they called out and we're back to square one.

babyblue

Looking forward to Lineker's pants
You are first because the other teams in the top 5 are busy playing CL/EL matches, plus cups which they are actually good enough to stay in.

This, for us, means more injuries, more tired players, a greater need to rotate, and less time to work on tactics for each game. You on the other hand can play the same lineup every ****ing week, easy peasy. You have quality in your team, but you aren't the best by any means. Come back at the end of the season.
You've played 6 games more in the space of 6 months, you make it sound like you're playing twice a week every week. If you had conditioning coaches who knew what the hell they were doing you might not get so many constant injuries. And don't tell me there's nothing in that I see it mentioned on here all the time.

Not to mention the squad you've spent vast sums on a squad that should easily cope... but no, it's because you've played 6 games more.

babyblue

Also that entire other game when we mullered you at your own place.

Love how oppo fans keep running their mouth on here and then getting smacked on game day.
How is it running my mouth, you're talking about a totally different game. I'm talking about this one... if you want to talk about the previous one we can. Well done, you were very good.... but lucky you weren't two down before you started a come back.

babyblue

I think we were good value for the win. That does not take anything away from the performance of your lot over the course of the season so far.

As for the ref, I don't think either of the teams were happy with some key decisions, but ultimately the best team won.

Well yes, you had the extra man so obviously from that moment on-wards you are going to do all the attacking. Although I would argue defending is as much of the game as attacking. When we played bournemouth they were in a similar situation, our attack against their defence. We mullered them and had loads of efforts, but couldn't get it in. If we'd nicked a last minute winner I'm not sure I'd have said we were good value because of the situtation.

Yeah we can all argue all day long about different decisions. But I think we can all agree Atkinson just lost total control of the game. So sad that the two biggest games of the season and the talking point in both is the bloody ref.

11 v 11 I thought it was a compelling tactical game. A couple of tame yellow and all that changes (apart form the Arsenal perspective obviously). The yellows for Simpson were silly really, if you want to follow the rule book exactly then there is an argument for both. But you very rarely have someone sent off for stuff like that.

If Atkinson wasn't to remove common sense from it and follow the rule book exactly both sides could have finished with 8 players having had about 3 pennos each. Alexis could have been yellowed more than once for waving an imaginary card, Coquelin could have gone for shoving Mahrez when he was walking off having already been on a yellow (I could say the same about some of ours as well). You don't want to see stuff like that though, you want both teams to keep 11 players on the pitch unless they are really worthy of two yellows or a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom