<

EPL: Arsenal vs. Leicester - Sunday 14.02.2016 - 12:00

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by albakos, Feb 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

As well as Kante, Drinkwater and Albrighton. They have a quality team that plays with the harmonic cohesion of a world class symphonic orchestra.

Truebl956 likes this.
  2. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Fair point man, I was hoping they would drop points and they havent.

They deserve massive credit for that and are looking ominous at the moment.

Still think that ourselves and City (unfortunately) have more in our lockers than they do, and with so much left in the season to play for, you cannot completely hand the title to them.

It is going to be difficult to get past them, but we are at home and a better side. Other than confidence and momentum there is nothing else that they have over us, and thus my silent confidence.

3. Braydz

Braydz Member

Still 13 games to go, no need to just give up right now.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

nope these 3 are the key if the balls don't go to them then we are alright. if give them space to these 3 to run we will be in trouble.

Braydz likes this.
  5. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

Surely we play Theo up top for this one? We destroyed them last time with him up front.

biggest game of the season so far for me.

6. RandyMarsh

We have to start with Giroud simply because we lack height in the box? Sigh.. We're better than this. We beat them 5-2 last time without height in the box. We don't need height in the box.

Plus, Giroud will get dominated by Morgan and Huth, they're monsters in the air.

7. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Truth be told, I don't think we'll win this.

We need a huge improvement on our 2016 performances to beat Leicester, and I just can't see it suddenly evolving throughout next week. Sure, the win vs Bournemouth will have eased the pressure, but I don't think there's enough momentum yet to really be confident for this tie.

I cannot believe that we're going into this as underdogs, with an eye on the table, but maybe that's a good thing after all.

RandyMarsh likes this.
  8. GOONER1991

GOONER1991 Well-Known Member Trusted

We will beat Leicester if Wenger doesn't go full ****** with his team selection.

Walcott up top. Coquelin central. Mertesacker reinstated at the back.

Alas, Wenger will go full ******, Giroud up top, Flamini central, Gabriel at the back.

Frenchy_Gooner and SuperGoon like this.
  9. Dave

Dave Member

I'm not saying it's over, but Leicester fans can continue to be optimistic...

Other things they have over Arsenal and/or their other rivals
    • Less pressure and expectation.
    • No European or Cup football so they already know exactly how many games they have to play and it will be at least 3 games less than their rivals.
    • The league's highest scoring striker. A player with genuine pace who will score more than 20 league goals this season.
    • An attacking midfielder who has scored 10+ goals AND assisted 10+ goals.
    • Absolutely nothing to lose, everything to gain.

SA Gunner likes this.
  10. RandyMarsh

I mean, why wouldn't we go with the formula that served us so well last time, right?

Alexis- Theo- Campbell
    --------Özil
    Ramsey-Coquelin

That's as close as we're going to get to the team that beat them 5-2.

11. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Arsenal are indeed underdogs, if we are fair. We are expected not to win this game on the weekend.

Dave likes this.
  12. Dave

Dave Member

Are people deliberately blocking out the fact that Leicester had a porous defence in their first 12 games but have had an incredibly mean defence over recent months? Be realistic.

13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I'd probably go with Aevius' team but I might put Campbell in for Ox ad he's defensively better. Or put Elneny next to Coq as he seems able to transion better and shift Ramsey to the right.Alexis will by have to improve massively. He barely tracked the Bournemouth fullback today. Theo only starts because Giroud lacks pace. Leicester's front six look great whist we only have Özil fit and fully performing in ours. We need players who can track back with pace as the ball over the top/diagonally will open us up. Ramsey being disciplined, Alexis being fit and in form and Walcott being clinical needs to happen.

14. Gael Clea-show

Gael Clea-show Well-Known Member

Yes, given Giroud's current goal threat, it is imperative he plays.

Didn't you see how effective he was against a Bournemouth team that does not like physical challenges and is terrible in the air?

Play Theo as CF so Sanchez gets something against them.
    Play on the counter against the most attacking team in the league, do not be fooled into possession with them.

15. RandyMarsh

Realistic about what? i'm not suggesting we're going to destroy them. I'm saying it worked so well last time. What makes you think Giroud will be any better? Huth and Morgan will absolutely love playing against him, just like Terry and Cahill do.

Theo up front brings the best out of the players around him too. Giroud's not in the sort of form right now where he's undroppable.

16. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

We actually beat these frauds with Arteta last time, Coq wasn't playing.

Really miss Santi.

Tir Na Nog and SuperGoon like this.
  17. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

You control a game in midfield, for that you need to starve the 4 midfielders not just the 2 strikers. Disrupt their transitions. If we lose the midfield, we lose the match next week.

If you watch Leicester's change in formation when they are on the defensive, that's exactly what they do. The move from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-2-1, or a 4-2-3-1 thus choking out the midfield and preparing for the counter. That is exactly what we should do next week in defence. Choke out and starve their mid.

Coq has to play and play well.

We won't be blitzing next week, I don't think. I think Wenger will be going for a strong defensive side against Leicester. He'll want to starve them of goals and knick one late in the game when they tire.

18. Dave

Dave Member

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. It is just the way you said 'we beat them last time with Walcott'. This will be such a different game. Their defence has gelled frighteningly well which is probably the single biggest reason why they should be feared as title rivals and for that game. This game will be very far away from the last one and that is what you need to be realistic about...

19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Time for Özil as striker experiment.

How Soon Is Now likes this.
  20. Truebl956

Truebl956 Member

Wenger seems to have always respected us, he had positive comments about us when we lost last season. Hard game to call (I'm not making a prediction) but the postive is we can afford to drop points and still remain top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.