EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

And the year before, after Özil told him he heard a crack in his knee, let him play on until HT.

Trilly, salvat, Gooner Zig and 3 others like this.
  2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He also managed Özil very well last season, giving him trainings off and some cupgames too. Agree with you though, there is no logic to it.

3. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Think this is a fair observation when it comes to some of the criticism being much too black and white. We are not sh*t by any stretch, but for a team finishing second in the league last year, it feels like we are far, far away from challenging for the title. Just as we were far away last season(10 points).

There is so much frustration around with the way things have been over the last say 2-3 seasons. We are always players short. We hang on to old players and failed projects much too long. We are soft when it counts.

The reactions here on the forum is just a reflection of all that frustration and not about what happened 12 years ago.

4. OG J0E

OG J0E Well-Known Member

Lots of cringe stuff being posted in here by the usual Wenger apologists.

Guy is a club legend with unbelievably achievements in the past but it's ****ing alarming when game after game we can't set up right tactically. Even when we play two DMs Wenger ****s it up by having them positioned too far up the pitch meaning they can't collect the ball off the back four and we don't have enough bodies back to defend against counters.

5. OG J0E

OG J0E Well-Known Member

That twenty-minute period yesterday when they scored three was preventable even with the personnel we had, as long as we set the ****ing team up properly.

We've had loads of games go that way even with Mertesacker and Koscielny playing so the problem was clearly tactics over injuries.

6. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Fair enough. OK do you have the stats for the last few seasons of how many games we lose or draw from winning positions, as opposed to lose or draw from opposition winning positions?

7. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Agreed.

8. stajlarN

stajlarN Active Member

thought we looked good in the first half, then we died typical arsenal style in the second. Walcott was actually pretty good in the first half, but then he reminded me why I dont like him at all, I thought he stayed in the locker room after half time, then I saw him trip over the ball in the end. Our team looked really weak yesterday, we seriously need some signings :(

9. Highbury Rock City

Highbury Rock City Well-Known Member

I fully agree! It's not the end of the world, we all know Arsenal'll bounce back and finnish in the top four etc... But god damn it, it's still frustrating.

10. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

We looked good for may be a good 20 min, when our players were showing some energy and were chasing the ball around. We were not very fluent though.
    But as soon as the energy dropped and Pool settled down and started imposing their pressing, one could sense that we could be in trouble.

Makingtrax and stajlarN like this.
  11. Highbury Rock City

Highbury Rock City Well-Known Member

Will Giroud, Kos and Özil get back untill next game?:eek:

12. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Read somewhere Liverpool players ran about 5 km more than ours did. Don't know if that's accurate, but if it is, that's half a player over 90 minutes.

Talking about physically not ready, eh?
    What are they doing in pre-season, what?!

13. Bashii

Bashii Well-Known Member

That line up is 100% the product of years of mismanagement. failure to manage the transfer market correctly. failure to plug holes in the squad. fallure to fill the team with depth.

let's not even go into tactics (or the lack of).

Mark Tobias likes this.
  14. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

I don't have stats to hand but could take some time later if I get the chance to go through the last recent seasons and give good examples where I really think we've managed the games particularly badly or just plain not shown up at all. There's been a lot of examples. Like I said I've no interest in coming on here and arguing with you for the sake of it - it's just this what I've felt about the club for a very long time now; like we have gradually drifted away from the core values that once made us great. We used to become stronger in adversity, now we don't seem to have the character to pull us through tough situations like yesterday.

I almost guarantee we'll have a little purple patch of form with a few wins strung together then we will collapse as soon as the pressure racks up a little and the cold winter months set in, I guarantee we will see players dropping like flies and others will be overplayed to exhaustion, it started to happen already before we even kicked a ball in earnest. I hope I'm wrong and we keep a fit squad that stay switched on and turn in some brilliant performances and make a real assault for the title, from what we saw yesterday I just can't see it.

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Annoyed certain key players didn't play just sat in the stands watching. They should make themselves available extended break or not.

Alexis has played International tournaments the last three summers, runs more than anyone else & had a serious sprain that confined him to a bed for his couple of weeks off. Was in no doubt he would play first game.. Just the guy he is.

16. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

We are having issues which are very worrying for years and repeat themselves time and time again.

17. ChampagneFootball

ChampagneFootball Well-Known Member

We have zero tactical nous. Any other team with an attack like ours would have finished Liverpool in the last ten minutes of the first half by putting relentless pressure on a booked and very shaky Moreno. It bares repeating.

Our complete lack of tactical quality is astounding and costs us points time and time again.

18. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Henry: "It looks like players don't want to come to play for Arsenal football club"

Henry really say this ?

novarek likes this.
  19. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Yip, I read that too. Not surprised either. He is either enticing Wenger into the market in a kind of "Can you still attract the best players" way or he is saying straight up that players do not see us as a club with enough ambition.

Gooner Zig and celestis like this.
  20. Coolin

Coolin Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho

Yeah he said it on Sky after the match. Regarding Lacazette, he also said something along the lines of, "from what I can tell, it seems he didn't want to come. I don't know what the problem is but they seem to find it hard to sign players."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.