• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Arsenal vs Liverpool | 14th of August at 16:00 (GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
If our CB pairing is Holding-Chambers I think we should start Elneny-Xhaka in midfield or Coq-Xhaka to give them protection. If Wenger thinks that as well I suspect our starting XI could look something like this:

----------------------Cech------------------
Bellerin Chambers Holding Monreal

---------------Elneny----Xhaka-----------

Ramsey-----------Cazorla----------Iwobi

----------------------Alexis------------------

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka - Ramsey
Cazorla

Ox - Alexis - Iwobi

Not sure how I feel about Aleixs up front now we're actually here but it's probably the best we've got.

Would push up Ramsey for Elneny if Cazorla can't make it but ideally you want Xhaka and Ramsey forming a partnership now.

Not sure if Ramsey and Sanchez are ready for 90 minutes.

Which 45 minutes would you pick for them to play? 1st half or 2nd half?

Given that we usually take our time getting into game, and Liverpool pressing I think it would be better hoping for us to survive the 1st half and then put Sanchez and Ramsey on in second half to do damage.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Why are people dropping Ox?

Because he is a defensive liability. Liverpool press high up and very aggressively. Ox is insecure in possession and is known to frequently misplace even simple passes under pressure. With the lack of experience in defense we currently have, I wouldn't take any risks. If we trail in the second half, then bring the Ox

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
---------------------------cech
Bellerin--Holding--Chambers--Monreal

--------------El Neny-----Xhaka

Ox------------------Ramsey---------------Iwobi

-----------------------Alexis

Amazed that Walcott is even considered for a start on the right. One dribble, one assist and one goal are not enough to justify a start especially against a city defence with no recognised centre back. The OX has been strong defensively and very good positionally. He has been very direct and good in possession and consistent with his passing not to mention strong when making the byline. He and Iwobi give us balance pace and power on both flanks.

Saikung

dont think sanchez will start the game for this one, i think it's definitely theo as striker and sanchez will come on some time in the 2nd half...maybe akpom as well

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It'l be interesting to see who gets the nod between The Ox & Theo. A week a go you might have said there's no chance Theo gets in above The Ox. Now, I'm not so sure. Anyway, it's better to have a functioning Theo than not. The Ox brings a lot to the table but he doesn't have that ability to run in behind defenses & Wenger values that highly. He is much much better with the ball at his feet but he'll have to cut out all the nonsense that he's known for also.

N

NotAUserName

Don't even know who will be fit to start this one:

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Xhaka
Ramsey-----Cazorla
Alexis
Theo-------------------------Ox/Iwobi​

redanddread

I love Aaron but no way. Cazorla should play there or Alexis if we are truly short in the position.
I'd prefer Santi at No.10 but Arsène has already stated he might not be totally fit - I still think he'll start Rambo somewhere though. He has some real (good) tough decisions over his midfield this season when all are fit.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
If Elneny doesn't start I'll be livid, if Ramsey starts I'll top myself.

Well, IMO, the best way to open this game is with Xhaka-Neny with Santi in front of them, but knowing Wenger he'll probably go with Coq and Xhaka with Ramsey in front of them so good luck mate :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Bellerin-Chambers-Monreal-Gibbs

Remember where you saw it first!
hard to see anything else.

can't us defending a one goal lead. best we can hope is to hit a few goals, and hope we don't conceded more.

with Gibbs and Bellerin, we WILL be bombarded with crosses. they will need a lot of protection:

Sanchez Iwobi
Walcott

or

Ramsey Sanchez
Walcott

redanddread

hard to see anything else.

can't us defending a one goal lead. best we can hope is to hit a few goals, and hope we don't conceded more.

with Gibbs and Bellerin, we WILL be bombarded with crosses. they will need a lot of protection:

Sanchez Iwobi
Walcott

or

Ramsey Sanchez
Walcott
Good thing Liverpool aren't a big crossing team....

redanddread

Because he is a defensive liability. Liverpool press high up and very aggressively. Ox is insecure in possession and is known to frequently misplace even simple passes under pressure. With the lack of experience in defense we currently have, I wouldn't take any risks. If we trail in the second half, then bring the Ox
I agree with you but he also has the tekkers to break the lines - question is will Wenger want two dribblers with Sanchez & The Ox on the wings. Maybe Iwobi gets the nod? Who knows but at least we have multiple choices.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Saw the same old flaws today. Performances in the last few games are irrelevant. Fact is, he's still rubbish.

That's not a fact but only your opinion. Just like my opinion where I think he'll explode this season barring any aerious injuries

BobP

Memri Fan
Think we'll win this comfortably for some reason.

That's obviously dependent on who starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom