• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

oba101

I'll never get over the fact that we never had Cesc, Samir & RVP playing together a full season. The few games we've had them on the pitch together were simply magical.

I hope Alexis, Mesut and Theo would fare better, because if we are ever going to win the league, we need these three at their absolute best, and yesterday offered a glimpse of what their best looks like.

Many of us forget that we're still waiting for the 'arrival' of Aaron which you feel is bound to happen soon or later, and with Aaron in form, he'll relief Özil of goalscoring duties which we all know is not his forte anyway.

Theo is our most important player after Alexis, and I can only hope & pray that he remains fit for the reminder of the season.

#COYG
It shouldn't be any single player's responsibility to score goals. I think his drought should force other players to pick up the slack and get a few goals of their own, like Özil did on Sunday.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Still floating off of this win ....

hsUZqgp.png

Bashii

About to watch the highlights for this game for the 12th time today. It could've been 6 or 7, really. If Ramsey scores, Özil scores his second chance, Giroud takes his time and Ox get's a bit more luck- we avenge the bogus 8-2.

Still over the moon, great gutsy display from the boyos. Wenger's 75th minute subs were spot on for a change too :lol:.

Yea every time we created a chance, it wasn't a half chance, except The Ox's one I guess. Ramsey, Özil and Giroud probably should have scored their chances, they were clear cut. If we lost the game we would be talking about them as wasted chances.

5/6 - 0 would have been a fair result. Next time you Dirty Northern B*stards!

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
CQj_NI5W8AAoTf9.jpg

Interesting team shape, looks like a diamond. I think Wrighty on MOTD how close Alexis-Özil-Walcott were together for the first half when we absolutely blitzed them. I think that's the key really, getting quality, pacey, intelligent players playing very close to each other at a high tempo. Also shows the beauty of our formation in regards to Ramsey playing wide and Alexis playing the other side, it may look "imbalanced" in terms of a 4-2-3-1 but it certainly enables us to switch to other systems and formations where Alexis can be in a front two and Ramsey can drop back to a midfield three. It'd be much harder to show such versatility with two "natural wingers".
ramsey on the right myth should be over by now.
very good post.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Think Wilshere would be more suited to that role on the right, better technically than Ramsey.

Am fascinated to see what Wenger does as Cazorla declines, does he play Wilshere alongside Coquelin with Ramsey playing the position he is now? Does he switch Wilshere with Ramsey and buy replace Santi?

Internal solutions? I.e. Zelalem?

BobP

Memri Fan
BTW, what in Gods name was Rooney doing marking Coquelin?

Most futile thing to do and left United short of a man when pressing.

Think about it, our most crucial player from deep is Cazorla, use Rooney to shut him down, keep Bastian and Carrick deep to occupy the likes of Ramsey and Özil, this funnels the ball towards Coquelin, the onus of play making begins to fall upon him, that would have severely disrupted our play as Coquelin is nowhere near the level of Cazorla, in an attacking sense.

Pressing, for me, is about picking and choosing who to take out of the game and picking and choosing who you want to have the ball.

This can have to do with a players positioning, do they have weak foots, what they are like on the ball.

With that in mind, I would have funneled play to the right side of our shape, imagine closing out options and leaving guys like Bellerin, Ramsey, Mert, Gabriel and Coquelin on the ball? Guaranteed to win the ball at some stage if the onus is on players who don't play make, to play make.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Been an effecitve strategy against us in the past, Rooney marking Arteta. Doesn't work with Coquelin though.

Arteta was/is more a Cazorla-style DLP than a Coquelin-style DM, though. In fact, Cazorla plays almost the exact same position as Arteta did when he joined, right down to the ambidexterity.

Only difference is that he is at a much higher level.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Think Wilshere would be more suited to that role on the right, better technically than Ramsey.

Am fascinated to see what Wenger does as Cazorla declines, does he play Wilshere alongside Coquelin with Ramsey playing the position he is now? Does he switch Wilshere with Ramsey and buy replace Santi?

Internal solutions? I.e. Zelalem?

He may be better technically than Ramsey but he's not better off the ball.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I'll never get over the fact that we never had Cesc, Samir & RVP playing together a full season. The few games we've had them on the pitch together were simply magical.

I hope Alexis, Mesut and Theo would fare better, because if we are ever going to win the league, we need these three at their absolute best, and yesterday offered a glimpse of what their best looks like.

Many of us forget that we're still waiting for the 'arrival' of Aaron which you feel is bound to happen soon or later, and with Aaron in form, he'll relief Özil of goalscoring duties which we all know is not his forte anyway.

Theo is our most important player after Alexis, and I can only hope & pray that he remains fit for the reminder of the season.

#COYG

Yeah....fond memories....we had morphed them into a being called Theo Van Nasregas...the goals flowed like water.

We had ridiculous amount of injuries....only if Wenger had got in better midfield and defensive signings at that time..would have been a joy to watch.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I've decided my favourite part of the match was when Özil scored that second goal. Neville's voice was so high, it sounded like he might cry.

After all his smack talk about our midfield not having any tall people, a 5'4 spanish magician completely ruled them. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom