• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Manchester United - 4/10/15 - 4:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I've decided my favourite part of the match was when Özil scored that second goal. Neville's voice was so high, it sounded like he might cry.

After all his smack talk about our midfield not having any tall people, a 5'4 spanish magician completely ruled them. Love it.

Karma for his blatant bigotry against manlets, the vertically challenged and gnomes everywhere.

General

Established Member
I've decided my favourite part of the match was when Özil scored that second goal. Neville's voice was so high, it sounded like he might cry.

After all his smack talk about our midfield not having any tall people, a 5'4 spanish magician completely ruled them. Love it.

Gary Neville is a ***** and a fake pundit trying to make it look like he's a balanced opinion former when in reality he's just a United cheerleader.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gary Neville is a ***** and a fake pundit trying to make it look like he's a balanced opinion former when in reality he's just a United cheerleader.

All week he was espousing the virtues of Uniteds defensive resilience , superb organisation and high press . "Best in the league " it was and Arsenal would be naive or arrogant not change their style to counter it .

Just before kick off , he crowed "look at how high up the pitch United are lined up even before kick off " "They aren't going to retreat "

Only 6 minutes later "there are gaping holes in Uniteds midfield" , "United are all at Sea" :lol:.

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Neville really isn't that bad, spent his career at Utd, they're his club so a bit of bias should be forgiven. Whenever I've seen him speak about Arsenal he seems to have a lot of respect for what Wenger has achieved.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more pages, I still can't get over the fact we smashed them 3-0. I've said from the start United are **** and just have an ultimate team, squad full of stars but no cohesion... They can only go so far. I don't know about about you guys, but this Arsenal team can win the title this year and if we put in performances like we did against United against all the top teams then we'll blow them away too.

I thought I was done with this season a few games in, but seeing the other top teams also not start as well as they should gave me a little hope and that United game has got me right back in it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Usain Bolt (Utd Fan) lost a bet and had to wear a proper shirt! :)

CQzHmHOWgAAVccY.jpg:large

Bould14

United is still pretty weak. Imagine if a revitalized LFC or Sp**s finished ahead of them. The great LVG would be taken down a peg. I was so annoyed by his "top 4 record".

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Neville really isn't that bad, spent his career at Utd, they're his club so a bit of bias should be forgiven. Whenever I've seen him speak about Arsenal he seems to have a lot of respect for what Wenger has achieved.

No, he isn't. I find it ironic that almost everyone on this forum expected something disastrous to happen and then proceed to mock someone in the media for basically stating what most of us were saying in the first place. His commentary on the game was good. Gave us the right amount of praise and tore United a new arsehole. Not sure what more he could have done to be honest. Unless, of course, we would have preferred Alan Smith who would have found a way to give United 14 penalties or Niall Quinn, so badly on the fence he has more splinters up his butt then Jesus.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

No, he isn't. I find it ironic that almost everyone on this forum expected something disastrous to happen and then proceed to mock someone in the media for basically stating what most of us were saying in the first place. His commentary on the game was good. Gave us the right amount of praise and tore United a new arsehole. Not sure what more he could have done to be honest. Unless, of course, we would have preferred Alan Smith who would have found a way to give United 14 penalties or Niall Quinn, so badly on the fence he has more splinters up his butt then Jesus.

Well I thought we would beat them and was sure we are a class above them so I was pretty surprised with the blinkered comments he made about United organisation and us , thought he would have known better.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
But it's common knowledge we have the ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. We have better players man for man then United, contrary to what Paul Merson might think, but we've not done nearly enough to be trusted to go into these big games and assume we're going to win. Given our previous with United, you can see why Neville thought we'd lose.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Exactly - I thought a loss was a big possibility, was tipping a draw at best.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

But it's common knowledge we have the ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. We have better players man for man then United, contrary to what Paul Merson might think, but we've not done nearly enough to be trusted to go into these big games and assume we're going to win. Given our previous with United, you can see why Neville thought we'd lose.

That's fair enough Rich but I and a few others including yourself backed the team to beat United in the face of overwhelming flack . Not without good justification though , our performances against Newcastle , Palace , Leicester have all been comparable to the best in the league . You would think that a guy who is paid so much is not going to go just on previous form as dynamics change week to week . Hell anyone can do that .

Point is though having stuck my neck out I've earned the right to banter him :p. It's all just a bit of fun .

blaze_of_glory

Our league form has been really good. Excellent really. I mean that win at Leicester should have been a bit of a marker coming into the Man Utd game considering how they had been beating everyone up until that point.

But given the CL game went and, I think especially, the fact that it was Man Utd, it makes sense that people wouldn't be all that confident. Years of losing to them, even when everything else was going pretty well sometimes, is hard to shake. I know I was ****ting bricks the entire second half, even though we were comfortable, because I couldn't shake the feeling they would somehow come back.

But we've now won two of our last three against them and drawn the third, at their place. Under Van Gaal Man Utd has only beaten us once in four games (unless I'm forgetting a game somewhere), and it was a game where we opened them up at the start and probably should have been up a few early exactly like last weekend. Whatever blockage we had when playing them is gone it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom