• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Arsenal vs. Southampton - Tuesday 02/02/16 - 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Too late to click.

Theo Walcott came on in the 62nd minute, the game ended at 96+ – he had a 67% pass completion rate. Making 2 out of 3 attempted passes.

Honestly expected him to come on and get stuck in, really let down by his "performance".

I will say that the vast majority of play went through Alexis down the left but Theos runs in the box were not good enough.

To be honest, it's not really too late. A convincing game vs. Bournemouth, and managing to counter Leicester at home (hopefully a start of their bad run) will spur another momentum entering a tough, tough run, with visits to OT and WHL, with Barcelona and FA Cup stuck somewhere in there.

I think we may actually benefit with a crowded schedule in this last third of the season with a lot of our players like Alexis, Coq, Ramsey, Theo, Özil needing some game time together just to naturally form a cohesion (like Wenger usually does), and a lot of big games might take the team to the next level. Kinda like our run that started somewhere around this time last season. I might be overly optimistic but I really think momentum and team cohesion is really really important.

It sure as hell clicked for Leicester...

EDIT: What also fills me with confidence is that with Alexis and Özil together we automatically started creating more and becoming more dangerous and I hope that Coq with Ramsey will bring us a little more midfield stability.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Couldn't handle the vibz after the game so took a 24 hour break from footie. Feel marginally better now.

We sure enough created several good chances but we lack serious quality, Özil & Sanchez aside, in the attacking 3rd. We've been low on converting our chances and in games like this it comes back to bite us.

We just are way too wasteful in the final 3rd & have been for a while now.

Anyway not all doom & gloom YET.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Giroud was scoring loads for a period then just hit a wall. He thrives under competition and just has none right now. Usual story.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I think Arsenal Mania should do something similar to AFTV, weekly podcast or something where we analyse the game, performances and players. A lot of people on here seem to really know their football!

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I think Arsenal Mania should do something similar to AFTV, weekly podcast or something where we analyse the game, performances and players. A lot of people on here seem to really know their football!
im all for this, who would pay a 20 pounds per month suscription for a daily 5 minutes review by me?
if i get more than 10 likes im starting the ****.

And yes, i want money. 20 pounds in Argentina saves your month.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
yo! it can be fun, even for racists, my accent is hillarious, i sound like Loretta lynn.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I've made peace with the fact that we'll never win the premier league again or champions league under Arsène. I wish he hired an assistant manager to offer us what he's currently lacking instead of settling for the safe option in Bould. It's heartbreaking to witness him being out coached consistently by upstarts like Mark Hughes (Arsène struggled against all his sides including Blackburn, Fulham, City and Stoke), Koeman, Pochettino etc. It breaks my heart to see him being taunted by idiots like Neville and Carragher and above all a clown like Shearer who took down the only club he claims to love.

General

Established Member
I think Bould has done very well for us and has helped stabilise us defensively. He's slowly helped eliminate the hung-ho approach that littered our play under Pat Rice. He would easily win the league as number 2 at Chelsea or City.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
I think Bould has done very well for us and has helped stabilise us defensively. He's slowly helped eliminate the hung-ho approach that littered our play under Pat Rice. He would easily win the league as number 2 at Chelsea or City.
I should've elaborated more on what I meant by 'Safe'. Bould is an Arsenal legend, but he doesn't seem like someone who would rock the boat by telling Arsène what he needs to hear. For example playing highline with Per against fast attackers has Arsène ideology written all over it. Persisting with Flamini has Arsène written all over it, and last but not least playing Gibbs as an attacker has absolutely Arsène written all over it. Also anybody could win the league as #2 at Chelsea or City as proved by a certain Steve Maclaren winning it under Fergie. My point is, Arsène needs help, and he needs it NOW.

General

Established Member
@SamGooner Bould is fine as number 2 and has changed an awful lot since he replaced Rice. Defensively we look better drilled and Wenger's all out you attack we attack approach has been curtailed.

I think a lot of people see Per in the line up and automatically assume that we shouldn't be playing a high line but 9/10 we are actually fine. It comes down organisation, positioning and importantly the effectiveness of the press in midfield. This allows the back line to adjust accordingly but when you end up in the disastrous situation that Flamini concocted against Chelsea even the speedy centre backs get caught out. Se situation against Southampton when Gabby was caught out and put in a bad challenge on Mane. Luckily he didn't go down and we avoided a stonewall penalty. Ultimately Wenger picks the team and a number 2 can only influence things so much. I think the change you're looking for can only be effected with a change in manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom