• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Bournemouth vs. Arsenal - Sunday 07.02.2016 - 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Like I said, result was very good but that doesn't mean we're playing well. It was a meh performance where Bournemouth had their fair share of chances.

What is going to **** our title chances is that Pool-Stoke-Chelsea run. I wasn't particularly annoyed about Stoke, but not killing off a poor Liverpool side and losing to the worst Chelsea side in 15 years (twice) puts us in a position where we now have to beat much better teams like City, Sp**s, Leicester to win the title.

Yeah I agree it wasn't a great performance, but for others to say these type of performances won't win you titles is wrong.

Like you said it's the Liverpool game and the Southampton games for me in particular, that annoy you when we're going for a title. Dropping needless points for two different reasons. One was not seeing a game out and the other for failing to be clinical.

Maxim

They changed formation and tactics after that game I think, stuck with that up to now which have seen them leading the race at the moment, won't be a similar match.

The formation, system and players they used in that game were exactly the same as what they have been using all season.

In fact the only difference between the game we beat them and them v city this weekend is the fullbacks have changed.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Coquelin doesn't committ them as often, and he's way less experienced than Flamini on this level as well. Flamini has no excuses for that kind of stuff, none.
These guys are fired up - he shouldn't have made the tackle but how often do we complain that we have no bite in our midfield. For a future billionaire, he's still willing to get stuck in at times. As he said so eloquently in the post match interview......"It's the Premier League!" (hinting that's it's rough & tough)

redanddread

Add West Ham to the mix.

2 wins must and maybe 1 draw? Two draw would be good. But its a big task, same as last 4 games before today were, and we failed horrible.
the last four games we didn't have le Coq & Alexis (Southampton aside). We were slightly unlucky against Southampton & we played Stoke (a) without Le Coq, Santi, Alexis & Özil.

Injuries are easing up now. We usually have a good record & have won away at all those teams in recent years.

All games, home or away are tough & there is no reason to think we cannot pick up a few wins along the way.

redanddread

Yeah I agree it wasn't a great performance, but for others to say these type of performances won't win you titles is wrong.

Like you said it's the Liverpool game and the Southampton games for me in particular, that annoy you when we're going for a title. Dropping needless points for two different reasons. One was not seeing a game out and the other for failing to be clinical.
Southampton had a ****ing giant in the net mate. He made two incredible stops from Özil, one at point blank. The dropped points at Liverpool really hurt. Southampton will take points off several of the big teams on the run in.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They had lots of chances but either weren't clinical or brought a few very good saves out of Cech. It's the most comfortable you've felt in a while because we haven't won a league game in ages.

And what chances were those? All they did all game was take pot shots outside the box which went into Row Z...think the only shot on target they had was in injury time when Cech made some good saves, otherwise they created bugger all.

adpree

And what chances were those? All they did all game was take pot shots outside the box which went into Row Z...think the only shot on target they had was in injury time when Cech made some good saves, otherwise they created bugger all.

Arter had that stinger Cech tipped over the bar in the first half and the double save towards the end, good win but they were good for a few goals.

redanddread

Arter had that stinger Cech tipped over the bar in the first half and the double save towards the end, good win but they were good for a few goals.
Can't say they were imo. Only that last minute shot really that Cech saved with his foot.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Off the top of my head; Bellerin stopped Pugh 1v1 with a last ditch tackle after Gabriel ****ed up, Cech blocked a very good volley from a corner with his foot, Cech tipped that shot over in the first half, that shot from about 10 yards out that hit the side netting in the 2nd half.

adpree

Can't say they were imo. Only that last minute shot really that Cech saved with his foot.

They could have easily drawn the match if not for Cech, we pretty much switched off after the ox goal.

Lets be realistic, the first goal was a fine bit of play, the ox goal was a mistake by their CB. I won't take the the win or 3 points away from the team, but we need to be a lot more convincing considering the task at hand.

General

Established Member
These guys are fired up - he shouldn't have made the tackle but how often do we complain that we have no bite in our midfield. For a future billionaire, he's still willing to get stuck in at times. As he said so eloquently in the post match interview......"It's the Premier League!" (hinting that's it's rough & tough)

I think you're confusing the robust carefully timed challenges that Le Coq and other top defensive minded players often make to a brainless one when there was very little danger. Not that getting reduced to ten men would've made much difference to us. For a future billionaire Flamini isn't a very smart player and he over compensates for his limitations with his recklessness. He's clearly got into Wenger's head and continues to fool him into playing him. No other manager in their right minds would tolerate such mediocrity, especially if they habour a strong desire to win the championship.

Last edited:

redanddread

They could have easily drawn the match if not for Cech, we pretty much switched off after the ox goal.

Lets be realistic, the first goal was a fine bit of play, the ox goal was a mistake by their CB. I won't take the the win or 3 points away from the team, but we need to be a lot more convincing considering the task at hand.

We won with a clean sheet & really weren't troubled too much. What more do we want. It's about results now. Bournemouth beat both UTD. & Chelsea. If you're wanting champagne football for 90 mins as well then you're being a very hard task master . This was no gimme but we came through it respectably.

redanddread

I think you're confusing the robust carefully timed challenges that Le Coq and other top defensive minded players often make to a brainless one when there was very little danger. Not that getting reduced to ten men would've made much difference to us. For a future billionaire Flamini isn't a very smart player and he over compensates for his limitations with his recklessness. He's clearly got into Wenger's head and continues to fool him into playing him. No other manager in their right minds would tolerate such mediocrity, especially if they habour a strong desire to win the championship.
??

Erm, who else would he have played during Le Coq's absence? And it's really been the lack of goals that have cost us over the last month.

Flamini has had to step into the breach and done a decent job . How many times has he been sent off this season for brainless tackles?

I think you're confusing what I said. I believe it wasn't a good challenge but at least he was showing commitment. If you don't think Le Coq's made that same kind of tackle over the last 12 months, then you're selectively blind or or just being argumentative.

General

Established Member
??

Erm, who else would he have played during Le Coq's absence? And it's really been the lack of goals that have cost us over the last month.

Flamini has had to step into the breach and done a decent job . How many times has he been sent off this season for brainless tackles?

I think you're confusing what I said. I believe it wasn't a good challenge but at least he was showing commitment. If you don't think Le Coq's made that same kind of tackle over the last 12 months, then you're selectively blind or or just being argumentative.

I'm sure you would accept that there are subtle differences between recklessness and commitment and had he been rightly sent off which most agree he should have, we would not be having this debate. We had plenty of commitment on show so the assertion that reckless lunge was somehow standard setting is absurd.

I've already discussed at great length in the Flamini thread how his presence has been one of the root causes of our slump and the alternatives so I'm not going over it. The issue here is not that Coq or other midfielders have not been guilty of the same challenge, but it is the timing of it that early in the game when we were under no threat and the fact that it came from a player that otherwise offers us next to nothing. It must be frightening for a defender at this level having a player like Flamini sitting in front of you.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Off the top of my head; Bellerin stopped Pugh 1v1 with a last ditch tackle after Gabriel ****ed up, Cech blocked a very good volley from a corner with his foot, Cech tipped that shot over in the first half, that shot from about 10 yards out that hit the side netting in the 2nd half.

Ref called Pugh for a handball up the field ,so that was actually moot . Pretty sure he did anyways .

redanddread

I'm sure you would accept that there are subtle differences between recklessness and commitment and had he been rightly sent off which most agree he should have, we would not be having this debate. We had plenty of commitment on show so the assertion that reckless lunge was somehow standard setting is absurd.

I've already discussed at great length in the Flamini thread how his presence has been one of the root causes of our slump and what our alternatives so I'm not going over it. The issue here is not that Coq or other midfielders have not been guilty of the same challenge, but it is the timing of it that early in the game when we were under no threat and the fact that it came from a player that otherwise offers us next to nothing. It must be frightening for a defender at this level having a player like Flamini sitting in front of you.

Bro, where have I said anything like this - you keep making **** up. Let me spell it out for you as clearly you are intent on mis-interpreting what I say - it wasn't a good tackle & it could have been a red! He was however, showing commitment to the cause & does so whenever he plays.

Many on here don't want Flamini anywhere near the 1st team & I understand that but there was no one ****ing else bro! You can make whatever argument you want - we all know Flamini is a stop gap so get off your high horse and deal with the current facts. When Le Coq is fully fit, he'll step back into the breach.

General

Established Member
Bro, where have I said anything like this - you keep making **** up. Let me spell it out for you as clearly you are intent on mis-interpreting what I say - it wasn't a good tackle & it could have been a red! He was however, showing commitment to the cause & does so whenever he plays.

Many on here don't want Flamini anywhere near the 1st team & I understand that but there was no one ****ing else bro! You can make whatever argument you want - we all know Flamini is a stop gap so get off your high horse and deal with the current facts. When Le Coq is fully fit, he'll step back into the breach.
Calm yourself down fella and lay off the ad hominem arguments. Read your initial post which I quoted about how often we complain about the "lack of bite in midfield" and then said that his tackle was somehow showing commitment. Flamini didn't display any attribute against Bournemouth that others weren't already contributing. If you think that tackle is somehow showing commitment or bite then continuation is futile.

redanddread

Calm yourself down fella and lay off the ad hominem arguments. Read your initial post which I quoted about how often we complain about the "lack of bite in midfield" and then said that his tackle was somehow showing commitment. Flamini didn't display any attribute against Bournemouth that others weren't already contributing. If you think that tackle is somehow showing commitment or bite then continuation is futile.
I'm calm bro. We're in a circle here. Lets move on.

Had to google "ad hominem" - you always learn on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom