• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Bournemouth vs. Arsenal - Sunday 07.02.2016 - 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
The formation, system and players they used in that game were exactly the same as what they have been using all season.

In fact the only difference between the game we beat them and them v city this weekend is the fullbacks have changed.
Alright then, some Leicester fan wrote that they had in one of the threads here, you'd think they'd know, but I guess not.

Can't trust anyone, man.

adpree

We won with a clean sheet & really weren't troubled too much. What more do we want. It's about results now. Bournemouth beat both UTD. & Chelsea. If you're wanting champagne football for 90 mins as well then you're being a very hard task master . This was no gimme but we came through it respectably.

Its nothing to do with my expectations, but just look at how convincing Leicester City are as a team at the moment. They have had 3 solid home wins on the trot without conceding a goal, and two of those were against pool and city. Thats what you do when you are gunning for the league.

We on the other hand made it difficult for ourselves in the same 3 fixtures.

Henry made a point over the weekend. Chelsea, City, United and Pool are not at their best and that we should be making use of such an opportunity to win the league and we are not. I'm afraid I have to agree with him on this. The fixtures lying ahead don't give me much hope as well.

infinium

The Barca games are also important. If we take a bit of a battering, it will inevitably lead to a bit of a hangover.

Loken

Its nothing to do with my expectations, but just look at how convincing Leicester City are as a team at the moment. They have had 3 solid home wins on the trot without conceding a goal, and two of those were against pool and city. Thats what you do when you are gunning for the league.

EDIT: My bad, read the post wrong.

Small point, but Aguero made it 3-1, and during the last 5-10 minutes (including extra-time) City had a several good opportunities, Leiecester were burnt out by then and holding on.

If we can force them to press consistently throughout the game, and come out unscathed with Leicester tired, then the final 15 minutes should be ours.

Unfortunately, the Emirates crowd gets frustrated easily, and against a resolute defense, and a hard-working press, I can already see the Alexis' arms thrown in the air and the back-chat from Mesut.

adpree

EDIT: My bad, read the post wrong.

Small point, but Aguero made it 3-1, and during the last 5-10 minutes (including extra-time) City had a several good opportunities, Leiecester were burnt out by then and holding on.

If we can force them to press consistently throughout the game, and come out unscathed with Leicester tired, then the final 15 minutes should be ours.

Unfortunately, the Emirates crowd gets frustrated easily, and against a resolute defense, and a hard-working press, I can already see the Alexis' arms thrown in the air and the back-chat from Mesut.

Oversight on my part, but while challenging for the title I'm not convinced in our ability to navigate a tough string of fixtures. We have leicester, hull, united and barca coming up. 2 for the league when we are 5 points adrift and 2 knock out cup games. This set of fixtures will define a large part of our season and bournemouth and the games before does little to convince me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom