• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal| 04/02/17 | 12:30 K/O (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The thing is we have a great squad where we fall down on is out and out quality. You can basically interchange our whole squad and it'll not go up or down a level. There are exceptions, Alexis, Cazorla, Koscielny and Bellerin those aside it's a top squad but limited on top quality. Chelsea have Hazard, Costa, Kante, Matic and Tibo. If they start losing those guys then it's a massive drop off same for us and the four I've mentioned.
Think we've had this conversion.

What you're saying there is that our squad is pretty average bar 4 players and I agree.

Chelsea are strong in all positions and they've got the likes of Fabregas and Willian as subs ffs.

Crazycarrots

Interesting vid of opening goal from an alternative camera angle

91c389d3713cd46b92a69058d8194587.jpg

Interesting. A group of grown men pretending to play a sport. Remind you of anyone?

Hunter Zolomon

We had chances but the midfield was over-run again. It's impossible for the defence and attack to function under those conditions.

Matic and Kante in a different league to Coq and Ox.
trying to slyly drag the squad cost in here. blame wenger for not signing calvalho but rather xhaka. also blame him for signing a elmemy knowing we had afcon responsibilities.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

An important part of being a man is admitting when you're wrong. I said Bellerin bottled the game by going off, but Jesus, I hereby sincerely apologise to our Cockney Spaniard.

The worst thing about the whole thing is Neville on commentary. Completely glossed it over. "He gets a crack in the face but Alonso is just too big and strong for him."

Neville has a boner for strong players. He probably goes home and cracks one out to pictures of Vieira and Petit.
I'm Canadian and even in a sport like Hockey that is an actual game misconduct and a ****ing multiple game ban. Wouldn't be surprised if Hector suffered a concussion there, absolutely brutal. For all the **** going on with retired NFL and NHL players linked with **** and multiple drug abuses due to head trauma, it actually bothers me to see how little football does as a sport to combat head injuries.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Pretty simple why we lost, our midfield was poverty. Didn't allow us to control the game and offered no protection while Matic and Kante did both (also the fact their formation gave them more passing options helped). We seemed very easy to outnumber in the middle of the park and didn't really offer much of a threat inside the wing-back areas which I thought is an area which could be exploited.

Coquelin is ****ing poverty, so basic. He doesn't even offer any protection to the back four any more. Ox and Iwobi aren't central midfielders and it really showed, though I did feel a bit sorry for them because this isn't the game for them to grow in the position.

Feel no matter who's our manager or what happens in the summer, strengthening our midfield is absolutely essential. Preferably someone like Nainggolan coming in.

Hunter Zolomon

It's easy to conclude that a squad is good when the manager has them well-drilled and tactically sound. Just as it's easy to conclude that a squad isn't good enough when the manager leaves them out to dry.

Something tells me that if I asked you last season whether you would be happy with Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso being our full backs, you'd have laughed at me. But that's what a good manager does - plays to the strengths of his players whilst negating weaknesses.
but you havent factored in the costs of the over all squad mate.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pretty simple why we lost, our midfield was poverty. Didn't allow us to control the game and offered no protection while Matic and Kante did both (also the fact their formation gave them more passing options helped). We seemed very easy to outnumber in the middle of the park and didn't really offer much of a threat inside the wing-back areas which I thought is an area which could be exploited.

Coquelin is ****ing poverty, so basic. He doesn't even offer any protection to the back four any more. Ox and Iwobi aren't central midfielders and it really showed, though I did feel a bit sorry for them because this isn't the game for them to grow in the position.

Feel no matter who's our manager or what happens in the summer, strengthening our midfield is absolutely essential. Preferably someone like Nainggolan coming in.
We had 6 people for those two positions at the start of the year. It's crazy. Wenger thinking Wilshere won't get a start. Many on here agreed.

The Ramsey and Santi injuries, and Elneny AFCON can't be helped but the Xhaka suspension was a car crash that's cost us dear.

Hunter Zolomon

And Manu and Chelsea will pay far over the top for a player, including giving insane wages. Do you see Arsenal doing the same?
arsenal bid 49 million and a pound for suarez, because coughing up an extra 5 mill was too much to ask. This club is a joke, we arent broke all the extra cash is just going into profits. That is the real reason the board want wenger to remain, provides the biggest return on minimal investment and our title dreams suffer for it.

Mike Vinna

We can argue all we want. Season's over. Bayern will wreck us and anything else (FA cup) wont do for the likes of Alexis and Özil. I'm sad to see we're headed for another exodus. Losing Cesc and RVP hurt a lot and so will losing these two..

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
arsenal bid 49 million and a pound for suarez, because coughing up an extra 5 mill was too much to ask. This club is a joke, we arent broke all the extra cash is just going into profits. That is the real reason the board want wenger to remain, provides the biggest return on minimal investment and our title dreams suffer for it.

Where does everyone get this idea that Liverpool would have had to have sold him to us for £55m?
They have admitted they had to sell him for what we offered and they didn't, £5m would have made f*ck all difference.

Besides which he'd have forced a move by now anyway, he was far too good for us.

Bager

It doesn't seem to harm other clubs, not being in the top 4.

True, I don't think our wage bill isn't much lower than theirs, it's our social pay structure that Wenger insists on that stops us paying the better players more.

The other clubs it doesn't harm is Manu paying waaay over the top on wages and transfer fees, Chelsea with pretty big transfer fees when they want to, but they also won the CL recently and the PL, so even though they go out of top 4 one year, you know they will challenge.
City paying whatever anyone wants, and challenging regularly, pool doesn't really attract the big name players. Tottenham hasn't really gotten any really big name players either.

So yes Sanchez baby, it will hurt Arsenal alot, as FA cup wins won't be something big name players care about.

And we don't pay high wages for great players. We pay great wages for average and below par players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom