<

EPL | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | 10th April at 20:00 (GMT) Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Notorious Big, Apr 7, 2017.

?

What will be the result of this match?

1. Arsenal win

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. Draw

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Crystal Palace win

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

Oh no, another one of those morning after the night before, when the tendrils of dread shake you into consciousness, and then you realise why. Oh no.:(

Deathstroke and celestis like this.
  2. Lookin' for a new Baby

Not to mention they had better players who could play this way. I believe the philosophy was, if you lose the ball, you get it back quickly - as a team. When we lose they ball they all go into 'rabbits in a headlight' mode.

3. Lookin' for a new Baby

Negative, one week closer to next season!!

krackpot likes this.
  4. Lookin' for a new Baby

I think he also said, and let them pass it sideways. Wenger rates possession, he was gobsmacked that Leicester won the league with less possession, but it's what you do with the possession that counts! Every team knows, let us have the ball, defend in numbers and we haven't got a clue, no shots on target second half - says it all.

How many times do we pass backwards or sideways instead of getting the ball into the box, into the danger zone. It's been like this for a long time, we just let defenders get into their comfort zone. Özil dithered on the edge of the box last night, instead of shooting, he just half kicked half scooped the ball straight at the defenders feet.

Deathstroke, 4R5Emaniac and mm76 like this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Seriously can't wait to this season ends I'm not enjoying football we really need long break and hopefully the club can sort themselves out in the summer if they really do care.

krackpot likes this.
  6. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

absolutely totally 100% correct

7. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Be alright if he had different people every time, he knows the same lunatics bring in the views. It's literally unwatchable. But yeah, he doesn't owe us anything but people who don't even like football shouldn't know these characters by name and associate the embarrassment of them with Arsenal (even if the club is embarrassing :p).

Jury likes this.
  8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Ridicule comes with the territory mate. Take a step back and try and see the funny side. Or even look at it through the eyes of some in here, that will tell you "It's only a game..." etc :lol:

Trilly likes this.
  9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

A loss featuring 3 first choice players, who would have ****ing thought.

10. yousif_arsenal

Are our players doing the same Leicester and Chelsea players did against thier managers? But to do against Wenger is so disrespectful.

11. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If there was even the slightest sense of an attempt to fix things people might not be half as annoyed. We beat Chelsea and that alone was enough for them to make some sizable changes. We're losing most games and still changing nothing at all.

I think just the act of trying something new could trick the players minds in to thinking there is some kind of progression, **** it play 4-4-2 at least they will feel like they are attempting to fix things instead of "go out and do try the same thing again and hopefully it'll be 98th time lucky".

Red&Dreadjm likes this.
  12. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Is it though? Or is it the only way to get rid of a manager who is long past his sell by date. Worked for both Leicester and Chelsea...

Red&Dreadjm and mm76 like this.
  13. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

Seems like it. Not like they can voice their concerns to Kroenke, is it?

Mark Tobias, 4R5Emaniac and mm76 like this.
  14. yousif_arsenal

It is because it's board job it's not them they earning a lot of money every week they also not showing anything.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

Because kroenke is far away and only way to reach him is via Skype and he always offline

Deathstroke and krackpot like this.
  16. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

You're too busy shining the globe on top as well.

17. GoonerBoy19

GoonerBoy19 Well-Known Member

I guess all were expecting him to retire gracefully, but AW had other plans. Now players are showing him the door and it feels sick. He should have announced it sooner. At least fans would have supported him till the last game.

18. Kroket

Kroket Trusty and Sensible Trusted

We obviously wouldn't have lost if we'd played Perez, Debuchy and Iwobi instead.

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. yousif_arsenal

He made a mistake he should've announce the time we completely lost the title what he doing now is damaging the club and him and the players seem confused and not performing

20. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

People are saying that the players are not playing for him. I don't really see that. I just see the same old to be honest. Their performance is nothing earth shattering where you see a complete lack of effort. Is that not the amount of effort we are used to?

We don't challenge physically, that's not new. We don't shoot, that isn't new. We concede easy goals from the first shot on target, that isn't new. We play slow possession based football. Our fullbacks can't cross. We don't attack the box. None of that is new. The performance vs Palace is no different to when we lost to Norwich away 1-0 without a shot on target till the 89th minute. No different from losing to Sheffield Wednesday or Blackburn.

I just genuinely believe the players don't know what they are doing and are not getting coached to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.