• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Feeling confident with our team as of late. They know what they need to do and are doing great at getting the result. I have nothing but faith in our boys to pull this one through and get a nice 4-1 win.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
o Everton’s only win in their last 18 league games against Arsenal was their 3-0 victory in April 2014 (D6 L11).
o Arsenal have won more Premier League games against Everton (29) than they have against any other side.
o In fact, Everton have lost 93 times to Arsenal in the league, the most defeats by one club to another in English league history.
o A win for the Gunners at Goodison Park would make it their 12th in the Premier League there – only at Villa Park (12) have they obtained as many away wins at a single ground.
o Everton have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last four league games against Arsenal.
o Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in his last six games against Everton in all competitions.
o The Gunners haven’t lost on a Tuesday in the Premier League since February 2006 v Liverpool (W10 D7).
Should have done the opening post. ;)

say yes

forum master baiter
Wenger vs Koeman (away fixtures):

Ajax 0-0 Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar 1-1 Arsenal
PSV 1-0 Arsenal
Southampton 2-0 Arsenal
Southampton 4-0 Arsenal

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We beat these clowns last year quite easily , we target Lukaku like we did Costa and be aggressive and we got this one . They have been leaking goals under Koeman.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
What a ridiculous thing to say!
As was suggesting to throw Perez in tonight! I don't doubt Perez will be an extremely useful player for us but we shouldn't be tinkering with our winning formula just 2 weeks after we got our mojo back.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
A win here means a point away to City is a good result. Although I've every confidence we can beat City, it'd be good to get three points tonight and ease the pressure of that fixture somewhat.

Everton are horrible atm, but they're unbeaten at home and have a manager who loves to play Wenger. If we're to win the title we need to break these kind of hoodoos. It's important to avoid that "here we go again" feeling.

Lads need to attack with pace and purpose. Get an early goal, force Koeman's boys to come out and expose the **** out of a declining Ashley Williams who has been absolutely dreadful recently. To think, some wanted him here! :lol:

He's sheight.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I've got a bad feeling for this, even though I must concede I haven't seen our last two games - well, that could actually be an advantage....

Anyway, it's Koeman, and we know he has Wenger's number. Winning tonight would really mean something, not just in terms of three points away to a decent-ish side, but also in terms of mentality.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger vs Koeman (away fixtures):

Ajax 0-0 Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar 1-1 Arsenal
PSV 1-0 Arsenal
Southampton 2-0 Arsenal
Southampton 4-0 Arsenal
It's far too simplistic to say this is about one manager vs another.

There's too many other variables involved, like the squad costs, the ages of the players, the skill of the players, the support, backup staff, injuries etc the list is endless. Because all those change over the years.

If we lose tonight, the connection between that and the 0-0 draw with Ajax or the 1-1 draw with AZ Alkmaar is exceedingly tenuous.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I've got a bad feeling for this, even though I must concede I haven't seen our last two games - well, that could actually be an advantage....

Anyway, it's Koeman, and we know he has Wenger's number. Winning tonight would really mean something, not just in terms of three points away to a decent-ish side, but also in terms of mentality.
How can he have Wenger's number? It's not a boxing match. It's between two teams of footballers. They aren't even on the pitch.

If I had a penny for all the managers that had Wenger's number on AM, I'd retire to Jamaica and lie on beach drinking Vodka Martinis with @redanddread (shaken not stirred). :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
How can he have Wenger's number? It's not a boxing match. It's between two teams of footballers. They aren't even on the pitch.

If I had a penny for all the managers that had Wenger's number on AM, I'd retire to Jamaica and lie on beach drinking Vodka Martinis with @redanddread (shaken not stirred). :lol:

In almost all instances where we've come up against a Koeman led team we've had the better squad.

Why is it then that we usually struggle against his teams?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

New Years resolution for you. Go 5 minutes without talking about Wenger.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I always have a bad feeling about games like tonight. Away game up North, in the midst of winter when there's been a muted build up to it and our attentions have been more on the Champions League draw. This has got banana skin written all over it - if we can come away with a win tonight it would be brilliant

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In almost all instances where we've come up against a Koeman led team we've had the better squad.

Why is it then that we usually struggle against his teams?
Injuries leading to players like Flamini playing. Having an arrogant, immature ***** in goal for the 2-0 at Southampton. We might have had better squads but there were always deficiencies in them. No excuses now. People thought we struggled with Bilic but, once we had a proper squad, we've demolished him. Nicked a point off Maureen too so the signs are good for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom