• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
First loss at all since August, first away loss since god knows when before that. But clearly we are doing everything wrong and it all needs to change. And we should sell Özil because he's bad at defending corners.

There are some Gooners who'll only realise what Özil brings when he's gone/not in the team. God forbid we sell him or he gets injured, only then will they see how much our attack lacks when he's not involved.

People genuinely think he made this career and earned this reputation for himself out of luck.

blaze_of_glory

maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah that's a good shout. He'd probably kill to join us too.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Were you expecting us to win every game until the end of the season?
I don't think any top tier team in the world is capable of that. I don't understand how losing to Everton away, a good team managed by a good manager, translates to us not making it simple.

Somehow you always have games that you can't lose or you should win.Think this was one of them,tricky opponent in bad form and team who played so good in recent matches.Also,we'll have so many matches now until New Year and we know opponents of Chelsea.I don't say that others teams won't drop points in this period,but there are some must-win games which you look out at the end of the season.

TinFish

A lacklustre performance. A game that we had to win. If Chelsea keep their consistency they will be 6 points ahead of us with City to play on the weekend. An incredible 9 points behind potentially!

A lack of motivation on certain match days is a real concern to be honest. Why are we mediocre on some days and then world beaters on others? You don't see Barcelona play with such bipolar attitude...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Were you expecting us to win every game until the end of the season?
I don't think any top tier team in the world is capable of that. I don't understand how losing to Everton away, a good team managed by a good manager, translates to us not making it simple.

Come back win with a goal against us in the last 5 minutes is pretty standard. Not even having a go at the club, we may still win the league this year, that Chelsea backline just doesn't know it's garbage yet.

Just football man, I don't even know

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Guys talk to me - what happened? I missed everything!

-Started brightly, scored a goal via a deflected direct free kick. Great start.
-Everton pressed us more, gave us less time on the ball and carried a thread going forward.
-They equalised close to half time, Baines eased past Walcott and crossed for Coleman who scored a well taken header.
-Second half we started quite well, but didn't create many clear cut chances.
-Özil did have a good chance, which he skied. His second chance of the game, albeit his first was quite difficult.
-After sustained pressure from Everton they have a succession of corners.
-Of course, sloppy marking means Ashley Williams puts Everton in front.
-We huff and puff, almost equalise last minute through Iwobi, but his shot was cleared off the line. Alexis is fouled in the box but nothing.
-Everton go up the other end and had they attacked better would've killed the game.
-We lost, and we're all going to bed frustrated and disappointed.

Malky

Established Member
I'm so disapointed, our winning run is over, ended by a very very average midtable side, we've taken the pressure off the inform League leaders and that, once again, this **** (Koeman) gets one over on Wenger. Hopefully tomorrow night results will throw a few surprises, come on Sunderland, Boro and Watford, do us a favour. Unfortunatelly, like I've said, we've just taken all the pressure off Chelsea, so now they'll go out and knock 4 or 5 past Sunderland.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
-Started brightly, scored a goal via a deflected direct free kick. Great start.
-Everton pressed us more, gave us less time on the ball and carried a thread going forward.
-They equalised close to half time, Baines eased past Walcott and crossed for Coleman who scored a well taken header.
-Second half we started quite well, but didn't create many clear cut chances.
-Özil did have a good chance, which he skied. His second chance of the game, albeit his first was quite difficult.
-After sustained pressure from Everton they have a succession of corners.
-Of course, sloppy marking means Ashley Williams puts Everton in front.
-We huff and puff, almost equalise last minute through Iwobi, but his shot was cleared off the line. Alexis is fouled in the box but nothing.
-Everton go up the other end and had they attacked better would've killed the game.
-We lost, and we're all going to bed frustrated and disappointed.
I see.

Well, this should make the City game interesting lol.

BBF

Had work tonight so literally just seen the score. You've got to love it in a way, we never make it simple.

It's been that way ever since I've been an Arsenal fan, it's not even recent. We'll be cruising along and then just end up driving into a ditch.

It's always these horribly painful losses as well, the Wayne Bridge CL game in 03/04, that Neil Mellor goal against Pool in 04/05, the CL final in 05/06, Pool again in 07/08, Sp**s in 2010/11, that f*cking heartbreaker in the Nou Camp. If there's a painful way to lose a game we'll have done it.

Don't know why I even like football tbh

Come over to the NBA thread. I've already given up :lol:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We are not capable of putting in a real fight when teams have less quality they play in another way put in more fight and we are not capable of handling this . Strength wise we fall short in these kind of games . Nobody is unbeatable in this league anyway . I hope we can pick it up soon .

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
We can read whatever we like into it but it's games like tonight, under the lights away from home in midweek winter where you really find out what your team are made of.

Some of those players really REALLY want to win the league and some of them like the thought of it but don't like the effort, sacrifice and doing the ****ty bits that it takes to rise above the rest...and that is one of the main underlying characteristic of Emirates era Wenger. It's a horrible truth that rears its head every season. It's a notoriously tough and physical league, you cannot afford performances where you can't match the fight if you want to be lifting the trophy come May.
Best post in this thread.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Guys talk to me - what happened? I missed everything!

It was a very physical game and we pissed ourselves. Özil, Theo and Ox lost basically every battle and every 50/50 ball which meant that our posession game was driven completely by Coquelin, Xhaka and Alexis who were pressed aggressively and they also lost a lot of balls. On top of that ref calls didn't exactly go our way either but in the end Everton deserved to win simply because they put their bodies on the line. One of those battlefield games where we were bullied of the pitch. Shameful performance in the sense that we basically lost only because some players didn't want to pay the price. Ability-wise the win was there for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom