<

EPL | Everton (H) v Arsenal (A) | 13th December 2016 | 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by say yes, Dec 10, 2016.

?

What will be the result of this match?

1. Arsenal Win

63.8%
  2. Draw

20.3%
  3. Everton Win

15.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Sorry, what I should have said is the current squad. For some reason in my mind I see the squad from 2012 as an very different unit from what we had before.

2. OG J0E

OG J0E Well-Known Member

Thought you were here to cut through the bullshit? Debunking mis-generalisations is the first step.

3. Mark Tobias

It is basically a must win now with how Chelsea are flying..

Frenchy_Gooner likes this.
  4. Mark Tobias

Silly comment really. Alexis is doing a better job than anyone else we have and is the league's join top scorer. Wenger has a pretty decent history converting wingers to strikers.

Also don't see how AW can be blamed for last night. He played his strongest team available. The players let him down last night. We spent well this summer. Our squad is strong. All is not lost.

juice man and Makingtrax like this.
  5. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

i feel like we need one more buy to be complete, come the end of the season i hope to be proven wrong.

6. Mark Tobias

What buy is that? Which position? Just curious.

Keep in mind this isn't FIFA. Wenger doesn't just log on and hit the X button five times and voila, brand new player. The team has to want to sell, then the agent is going to big the price up and then the player has to actually want to move. This forum seems to over simplify transfers.

Not every club can have two first teams like city do. Wages and playing time play a major part.

7. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

I agree with @Hunter Zolomon on this. We need more from our flanks players. Never been convinced that the current crew, (Theo/Ox/Iwobi) is good enough to provide some required quality/creativity in addition to goals/assists in support of Alexis. Their performance or lack thereof last night did not do much to reassure me in that regard.
    So if we could get an instant upgrade there, it would do us a lot of good.

8. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Only if Koeman could play against us every week. It's not by accident many of our top players had 'a bad day'. I'm tired of hearing that excuse as it seems to happen to us too frequently.

The man knows how to game plan against us, and full credit to him for that.

I am expecting another loss to City.

Trilly likes this.
  9. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

Let's say we drew to Everton and then drew to City away too. That's 2 points. If we beat City, we'd have 3 points - which is better than two draws.

That's the way I see it. Beat City and the Everton result won't be too bad in context.

10. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Once had a piss in a London pub toilet and somebody had written 'all generalisations are invalid' on the cubicle wall. Took me a few seconds to chuckle.

This forum is built on generalisations, impossible to debunk them all mate.

carlito'sway likes this.
  11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

12. Makingtrax

Could be difficult in January mate. Wenger's invested so much time and effort in last nights flankers (as I was calling them:)).

13. 4R5Emaniac

4R5Emaniac Always fresh from Bangladesh

I needed that so bad. Lmao :lol: Brilliant!

14. 4R5Emaniac

Yet they played like total w@nkers.

Makingtrax likes this.
  15. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Honestly, the FA/UEFA/FIFA should introduce powerplay rules and sorts like in hockey. Categorize the fouls and take players out of the game for 2, 4, or 5 minutes. Will make for hilarious viewing like we saw in the last minutes yesterday. And Cech is such a goofball :drool:

16. 4R5Emaniac

My poetry is incredible.

carlito'sway likes this.
  17. Makingtrax

I was shaking my head . . . the drepressing stuff on here is obviously taking its toll.

Glad you can rise above it.

4R5Emaniac likes this.
  18. 4R5Emaniac

Its just one loss really. Big deal. Gotta win against City with a top performance tho and all will be forgiven. Sometimes you need a loss to have a look at yourself.

19. Makingtrax

In which case I'd rather Wenger buy Theo and Ox a f***ing mirror each instead.

4R5Emaniac likes this.
  20. This guy is a thug and has serious anger issues. An embarrasment to all football fans

Makingtrax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.