• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Everton v Arsenal - 19/3/16, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I think we definitely learnt a lot from playing Barca. All season we've been slow and boring in possession. Then all of a sudden today we're doing one-touch tiki taka football around the box.

It was like we remembered how to play again. Long may it continue.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
325C656A00000578-0-image-a-85_1458396243405.jpg

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I think we definitely learnt a lot from playing Barca. All season we've been slow and boring in possession. Then all of a sudden today we're doing one-touch tiki taka football around the box.

Lmfao. Is this a serious post? :lol:

By playing Barca we all of a sudden remembered how to play tiki taka football? Is this actually what you’re saying? **** me, you should be pundit mate. You’d do well alongside Shearer and his ilk.

No ffs. Look at the players we had out there, against Barca and Everton. The common denominator is that all players are good on the ball, and have a comfortable first touch to receive the ball anywhere on the pitch. I saw Iwobi demand the ball in the pocket between their defence and midfield - how ****ing cool is that? Imagine a **** like Walcott do that, he’d lose the ball and we’d concede a goal on the counter probably.

El Neny, Iwobi, and Welbeck are Godsend. Exactly what we needed. All 3 are good in possession, and complement Mesut and Alexis very well. No more Ramsey useless flicks, or Giroud world class link up play, Walcott invisibility, or the utter rubbish Campbell. Instead we put emphasis on keeping the play ticking, and when the opportunity arises we strike with slick one-two football. It’s fantastic, and I love it.

Balance is key

Who would have thought movement in the final third, a Striker who can pass a ball and a DM/CM pair who actually does their job is important in football?

We know Wenger doesnt think so - Giroud and Ramsey will be back soon enough and we will go back to our useless and boring style of play we have seen for far longer than I care to remember.

Its not that Welbeck is a great striker - he just isnt a target-man who is made for a midtable club who has to play longballs.

Coolin

By playing Barca we all of a sudden remembered how to play tiki taka football? Is this actually what you’re saying? **** me, you should be pundit mate. You’d do well alongside Shearer and his ilk.

No ffs. Look at the players we had out there, against Barca and Everton. The common denominator is that all players are good on the ball, and have a comfortable first touch to receive the ball anywhere on the pitch. I saw Iwobi demand the ball in the pocket between their defence and midfield - how ****ing cool is that? Imagine a **** like Walcott do that, he’d lose the ball and we’d concede a goal on the counter probably.

El Neny, Iwobi, and Welbeck are Godsend. Exactly what we needed. All 3 are good in possession, and complement Mesut and Alexis very well. No more Ramsey useless flicks, or Giroud world class link up play, Walcott invisibility, or the utter rubbish Campbell. Instead we put emphasis on keeping the play ticking, and when the opportunity arises we strike with slick one-two football. It’s fantastic, and I love it.
There was a clear difference in our play against Everton to the way we've been playing recently. Sanchez was releasing the ball quicker than usual, Bellerin was releasing the ball quicker than usual. So was Özil. Rewatch the start of the game, when was the last time you saw Sanchez move play along like that?

We haven't played like that all season and it's no surprise we began to play a much quicker brand of football after the education we got from Barca.

Doesn't surprise me that you're calling Campbell utter rubbish either. Weren't you calling Coquelin a"nothing player" the other day? :lol:

Internet bad boy.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
There was a clear difference in our play against Everton to the way we've been playing recently. Sanchez was releasing the ball quicker than usual, Bellerin was releasing the ball quicker than usual. So was Özil. Rewatch the start of the game, when was the last time you saw Sanchez move play along like that?

We haven't played like that all season and it's no surprise we began to play a much quicker brand of football after the education we got from Barca.

Doesn't surprise me that you're calling Campbell utter rubbish either. Weren't you calling Coquelin a"nothing player" the other day? :lol:

Internet bad boy.

We also played like that vs Barca.:lol:

Or did we suddenly realize that we could play like that in the warm-up to the Barca game? Also if your extremely useless analogy has to hold any stick at all, why didn't we learn anything from the 1st Barca game then?

Yes, Campbell is utter rubbish, and Coquelin is indeed nothing more than a plodder with a very good 1st touch, improve as soon as possible.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We also played like that vs Barca.:lol:

Or did we suddenly realize that we could play like that in the warm-up to the Barca game? Also if your extremely useless analogy has to hold any stick at all, why didn't we learn anything from the 1st Barca game then?

Yes, Campbell is utter rubbish, and Coquelin is indeed nothing more than a plodder with a very good 1st touch, improve as soon as possible.
Coquelin played well when he was with Carzola. Rubbish with Flamina or Ramsey. Back playing well with Elneny. Elneny is the key here. Can hardly remember a mis-placed pass in the last two games.

Iceko

Campbell and Coquelin both great players. But Coq hit a rough patch after injury which is to be expected. He's still one of the best DM's in the league and his skills on the ball are severely underrated. As for Campbell, he's literally barely put a foot wrong any chance he's got. When the manager gets boo'd for taking him off, he's clearly done well. I'd rather have brought Joel on than Giroud yesterday.. I don't know how Wenger thinks dropping back, bringing on Gibbs/Chambers and at the sime time bringing on the static Giroud is a good idea. Bringing on Campbell/Theo to keep Everton guessing is a much better idea.

General

Established Member
You seriously cannot believe that we've magically discovered how to play effective football and the change in personnel had nothing to do with it. Two games against Barca and then suddenly yep Sanchez realised ball must be realeased quicker. Everton's hopelessness at times doesn't count either.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Solid analysis, and good to have you back Styles.

I was just thinking though, in addition to us having better possession of the ball and the ability to keep it higher up for longer, with our ball playing midfield, could Everton's openness on the day not also have a part to play?

I wonder how this bunch would do against a more compact opponent, whose focus is to keep things tight and take advantage of our attacking formation?

alboots101

Established Member
Everyone certainly made it easier for us but I'm not gonna use that as the reason for us playing well, we were definitely better, Watford next and that'll be more of a challenge I'm sure.

Did I mention I'm going to the Watford game?

Coolin

We also play like that vs. Barca

It's not beyond the realms of possibility to suggest we learnt from playing 2 games against the best footballing side in the world. Wenger said as much himself. Before the Everton match, he spoke about the Barcelona defeat and how we need to "do more with the ball"

This was evident from the way we started the match. Quick passing and good movement. Credit goes to Iwobi and Elneny, but there were clear changes to the way we approached the game. Sanchez was less selfish, and him and Özil were buzzing around the midfield with the sort of fluidity and interchangeability that we haven't seen all season.

willow2u

I rate him a lot. I've watched a few of their matches, and besides their defeat against Sp**s they've really not done a whole lot wrong with the quality they have. With the injuries they got at the start of the season I think everyone expected them to be relegated, but he kept their heads high.

I'd like to see how far he can take Bournemouth before he jumps to his next club.
he would get swallowed up at a bigger club with massive pay packets and egos i think sometimes the modern manager needs such a lot of luck in the squad he inherits that they combine well, he still needs the technical and tactical nous but beyond that once the game starts all the input he has instilled can be forgotten in an instant which is why i find it odd sometimes when the blame is left at the managers door these players are professionals it almost seems the way the managers are blamed is if they have to write the code and upload it into the autobots memory jesus most of these guys have been playing since the year dot and although the pace is faster the basic game is still the same as it ever was

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Come on finding something negative when we won a tough away game, it's been season to forget we been saying that few weeks ago no need to bring these negative stats back again.

His point is valid though. It's a piss poor league and Sp**s have more than double our goal difference, from significantly fewer goalscoring opportunities. Everton have conceded more goals at home than Aston Villa and have something like 9 home defeats.

The first half was our best performance since Manchester City at home. We had players on the bench with pace and fresh legs to cause further damage. Glad for the win and the clean sheet but Everton never ever looked like scoring and we were kind to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom