• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL- Hull City v Arsenal - Sat 13th March 2010 - 17:30 -ESPN

Nela

Established Member
Disgusting

blogimg_1650_6107-20100315084517136058.jpg

article-0-08B55013000005DC-649_468x427.jpg

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Zico said:
Did anyone think that the Boateng challenge was worse than the Shawcross one? Boateng went flying through the air like a character out of Mortal Kombat. I'm surprised he didn't damage Bacary's knee.

I didn't to be honest. As bad as it looks, he didn't go in full force - you can see that by the way he moves right after impact. Not defending him, of course it was a stupid reckless challenge - I just don't think he would ever have done serious damage with the tackle. Unlike Shawcross.

Zico

Established Member
Something was already done. Nicklas earned a yellow card for not getting his eye out of the way

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Oh and surely something has to be done about the poke in the eye. f****g ridiculous.

Not sure anything can mate, the ref acted on it (if thats what they call it anyway) and gave a yellow to both. Its staggering really, why Nik got a card, and how that **** only got a yellow is beyond me. Im guessing that in giving the yellow to both, is the ref has effectivly admitted he didnt see what happened and is grasping at air in desperation to show he's taken action, its the only thing i can think of.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we can contest the yellow if we wanted to (maybe), but why bother at this point, not like Nik is in danger of being suspended yet... (only got 2 yellows)

Sover

USArsenal said:
we can contest the yellow if we wanted to (maybe), but why bother at this point, not like Nik is in danger of being suspended yet... (only got 2 yellows)

I don't think you can appeal yellow cards - only red ones

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Sover said:
USArsenal said:

I don't think you can appeal yellow cards - only red ones
i think you can, but only if the ref admits he made a mistake, but not entirely likely in this case.. doesnt really matter.. was a terrible decision, but in the end, it didnt effect us... (actually, it did, as that was Boateng's first yellow)

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom