• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

This is what I would go with

...................Cech
Bellerin.....Mustafi..Kos.....Monreal
.............Xhaka......Coq
Welbeck.....Özil.............Iwobi
.................Sanchez

Perez on for Welbeck in the 60th

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is what I would go with

...................Cech
Bellerin.....Mustafi..Kos.....Monreal
.............Xhaka......Coq
Welbeck.....Özil.............Iwobi
.................Sanchez

Perez on for Welbeck in the 60th

Welbeck has still only played one game, he should be the one on the bench, start Perez.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil shouldn't play if he's struggling with illness.

Didn't he have a really poor game before against a big side and it game out that he was ill.

Plenty of options to cover his position.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We're only pigeonholed in to the same setup every game because of Özil, if he's ill we should just setup in a way that might actually beat Liverpool.

Token Yank

Welbeck has still only played one game, he should be the one on the bench, start Perez.
Hard to say. When Welbeck was fit Wenger would almost always start him. Perez on the other hand only starts meaningless cup games or comes off the bench. With that being said Theo will probably start :(.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Wow, its been close to three weeks since the last PL match. That's almost as long as the summer window(it certainly feels that way)

Preacher

Always Crying
Very nice pre-game tactical analysis from Adrian Clarke:

Arsenal have picked up only five points from matches against this season’s top six, the lowest of anyone involved in the “mini league” at the table’s summit.
Over the last four campaigns Arsenal have won only two matches away from home against their main rivals, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.

During that period Wenger’s record against his rivals reads: W2 D5 L11.

To reverse this trend, it feels like a change in strategy is necessary.

There are a number of issues to work on throughout the side, but unearthing a formula that extracts more from Mesut Özil in such matches, would help.

Over 270 minutes at Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea, Özil mustered only four touches inside the opposition penalty box, producing one shot, no goals, no assists, and only three key passes.

Özil since start of 2015/16
i68_Capture.JPG

Potential line-ups with and without Özil:
Talking_Tactics_Giroud_Forward.png

Talking_Tactics_Alexis_Forward.png

Liverpool’s high-octane pressing has caused Arsenal a host of problems in recent encounters.

Determined to play their normal passing game, Arsenal have been consistently forced into making loose passes inside their middle and defensive thirds.

Liverpool were lethal at punishing Wenger’s men from quickly sprung transitions in a 5-1 success in 2013/14.

On their next two trips to Anfield, their pass accuracies inside Liverpool’s half were a low 61.8% and 61.6% respectively.
To miss out the mid-pitch press, they may even try to play a more direct brand of football.

Although it is not their natural style they did attempt this tactic for periods of the match at Anfield last season when 16.1% of their passes were long.

Full article:
https://www.premierleague.com/news/340522

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hard to say. When Welbeck was fit Wenger would almost always start him. Perez on the other hand only starts meaningless cup games or comes off the bench. With that being said Theo will probably start :(.

I just think Welbeck isn't fully ready, I'm sure there was talk of a little set back after his return. We haven't seen him since and often not even on the bench. Re Walcott, I woudn't be surprised to see this, as Iwobi has been a bit off recently.

Walcott--------Özil--------Perez
----------------Alexis--------------

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Are you kidding me? If there is a single nail in Klopp's coffin I'd be shocked. Then again, this is the fickle nature of modern day football.

He's had no European distractions, one week break per game, spent £70M this window on Wijnaldum, Klaven etc. and has less points than Brendan overall.

But don't worry, they can gegenpress.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
He's had no European distractions, one week break per game, spent £70M this window on Wijnaldum, Klaven etc. and has less points than Brendan overall.

But don't worry, they can gegenpress.

I get your point, but it depends how you look at it. Alternatively, he's spent about half what Utd have spent and is above them...for the moment at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom