<

EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by ggunner12345, Feb 26, 2017.

?

What will the result be for this match?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. Liverpool win

49.0%
  2. Arsenal win

29.4%
  3. Draw

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvinho's ball bag

Silvinho's ball bag Active Member

He is mate. He has a shocking first touch for a "technical player", and he's so slow time moves in reverse when I watch him.

James Bond, Sanis and Hunta like this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I agree about he is slow he too slow for this league that's why he need to work with his pace. But he play better when you partner him with good player like Santi even at 2nd half when he partner was ox was miles better than 1st half but still if he not improve his pace we should sell because he'll keep struggling against high pressing teams

krackpot, Mrs Bergkamp and Mikomir like this.
  3. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

The thinking behind the starting XI/dropping Alexis actually really makes sense. Go long to beat the press, welbeck&Giroud for set pieces..Wenger knows we have massive problems in midfield under pressure. It was a good idea tbh.
    Poor execution though obviously and as usual another big game defeat. I want us to go back to our old losses now. Losing while playing fluid football, much more entertaining. Play all of the AMs again Arsène

krengon and krackpot like this.
  4. Mikomir

Mikomir New Member

I always liked Coquelin even with his limitations and I think his shortcomings are in part because of wrong tactics. We don't play an organized pressing game, in fact it looks like we never even considered it and so we have players trying to press from too far away and on their own. Too easy for the opposition to work around and it makes out midfield look impotent.
    Another part of his bad performances might be lack of self confidence, but I guess that applies to most of the team at the moment.

5. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Is it sad that we'll be losing both Wenger and Özil this summer?
    Not really.....Sanchez on the other hand....meh.

A new manager, building a new team around Sanchez and some of our more decent players would be brilliant, but sadly that chance is gone by now.

Damage limitation it is, then.

CurryFlavoured likes this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

Özil will stay if Wenger stay will go if Wenger walk in other hand I feel Alexis is already off with or without Wenger

7. Silvinho's ball bag

Silvinho's ball bag Active Member

I give zero ****s about whether Özil stays or goes.

8. yousif_arsenal

I give a f**k he is quality player we see yesterday we created f**k all without him. People hate him because he look lazy but we'll lose his creativity big time

Kingslayer likes this.
  9. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Calm down Yousif mate, you're forgetting our secret weapon and probably the real reason why we lost this game.

Aaron "Rambo" Ramsey.

carlito'sway likes this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

Damn we have too off form players this season Ramsey will come back play 3 games and get injured again

11. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Our squad without Alexis and Özil is still a top 6/7 squad.

A top manager with a big budget will have us where we are now at least.

Not concerned at all about next season, as long as a new manager is here.

12. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

56 goals in 76 games is relatively close and his goals under Ferguson was a major part in United winning the league. Oddly enough he scored less that season than he did in his last season here. I think it's completely relevant to compare as what I am comparing is how a manager extracts the maximum out of what he has. Rodgers got the maximum not just from Suarez but also Sturridge and Sterling who both had their most prolific seasons under him while also having the squad do their part in keeping clean sheets and doing the business at the other end. They may have different squads and Klopp may not have the calibre of player ala Suarez but it's pretty useless having that type of player if like Wenger with RVP you cannot extract the maximum from both them and those around them. And the reason RVP is relevant is because Ferguson done exactly that. Got the best from RVP while getting the maximum from those around him. And that's why it's disingenuous. It was an effective unit maximised in all areas. A Stevie Gerrard slip not happening sees Liverpool win the Premier league for the first time

13. yousif_arsenal

We have good players but they not performing week in week out that the big problem players like Alexis give you 9 good Games from 10 players like Walcott ox etc.. Give 2 good games from 10.

14. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

I really thought we could get a draw yesterday, that is until 2 minutes into the game. I feel like I've had the stuffing knocked out of me, not just because of yesterday, but the collective poor performances.

15. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Bellerin: "We’re very frustrated. After the tough weeks we’ve had, the team should've gone to the pitch, motivated & ready from the start."

this club is a meme lmao

16. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Why Xhaka was playing so high up the pitch ? It isn't his game.

We don't know how to press, if situation requires it.

Garrincha likes this.
  17. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

Well you are the first person to come up with a one word answer for this argument.

So can you at least pls come up with some evidences/exampls in the last 3 years where walcott actually contribute and help arsenal mount a comeback in the last 10 mins?

18. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

Hang on, some of us need to stay sober if only to document the upcoming maulings for posterity. Those poor fools who follow us in supporting this once great club must know of the criminal mismanagement that befell it :lol:

bingobob likes this.
  19. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

So you've gone from has Walcott ever contributed in his entire career to reducing it to a period where he was recovering from an ACL. :lol:

Think you should have a look at his performances v Barcelona and Liverpool in the CL or Reading and tell me his never been part of a comeback.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. yousif_arsenal

i don't know what to say really. i mean why the f**k you start him and why the f**k you spent 17M on Lucas?

mm76, hydrofluoric acid and say yes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.