EPL I Liverpool vs Arsenal I March 4 17.30 GMT | BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by ggunner12345, Feb 26, 2017.

?

What will the result be for this match?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. Liverpool win

49.0%
  2. Arsenal win

29.4%
  3. Draw

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Do we not show our players videos of how rubbish we are without the ball? The same errors all the time.

2. GUNNERS4L1FE

GUNNERS4L1FE Well-Known Member

Iwobi's lazy defending should of been nipped in the bud a long time ago.

3. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

4. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

Players are not punished for their mistakes. This is not how a squad is run.

Players who make mistakes must wait for their turn or beg to be returned to the squad.

Wenger is old and lazy and his refusal to drop players for poor performances is costing him seasons after seasons.

5. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

I seriously doubt that we practice and drill defense properly and with intensity and focus. The errors are the same year over year. The players change but our defensive frailties stay the same. Someone wrote that to be a good defender with Arsenal you need to be a great defender.

Look at Chelsea. Even David Louis looks really solid and disciplined now. That does not just happen. That's what proper drilling in practice and focus on defensive duties do.

So to answer your question: They probably look at videos but without proper coaching around it.

Mark Tobias and The_Playmaker like this.
  6. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

I believe Arsenal do look at videos but I agree that the coaching isn't enough to compound it. How much coaching does Bould really do? He knows how a back 4 is drilled. Do we have different coaches for different positions or is everything done by Wenger. We do work with mannaquins. That may help with automatisms vs statues that don't move but the opposition close us down so how does that help? Training is meant to be repetitive and boring. Repetition is how defensive stability is put in place. George Graham attached string to his back four to make sure they shuffled across in order.

We don't do enough in the coaching department. 2 weeks to work on your team for Liverpool is like having 2 months to revise for one single exam where you already know the answers from 10 different past papers.

7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

One thing that has been stuck in my mind is that Theo really neglected to take advantage of the incident where he got fouled by Matip and Can at the same time. Can pretended to be injured, and good old Theo stood right up like nothing happened, ref bottled it. If it was the other way around, surely it would have been a second yellow for Can. I'm an amateur, playing for fun, but if that situation happens to me, sure as hell I'm staying down for at least a while and complain. The refs just suck, sometimes you need to help them make up their mind a bit, apparantly the same goes for the Premier League level. Its a product of the bad stuff we've seen over the years, but the feeling I get from that moment is that Theo was having a "look at me, playing clean and fair for the post match interview credits." These are the kind of players I don't want at our club anymore, for lack of a better word, I call them dumb, but I'm afraid they're just not playing for the crest anymore.

8. Hyruga

Hyruga Active Member

It's a matter of poor judgment by walcott.

Walcott last season got slayed for going down when he should be chasing the ball.

This season, he choose to stay up.

9. Parvez-Drupesh

Parvez-Drupesh Active Member

Helo im an parvez im look foword to game arsenal like lions of India for match

10. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

Wenger may be old but that's not a stick to beat him with and I certainly wouldn't call him lazy either. Derogatory comments like that don't add anything to the debate.

Your other point is perfectly valid and is just another reason why he has to go

11. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think last season he just jumped out of the way when he could have challenged. Honestly, he was torpedoed by Can, made a nice backflick, nobody would question him staying down. I'm not saying we would get something from the game, but it could help. Liverpool were diving all over the place, yet we don't take advantage from an obvious second yellow situation.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2016-17/liverpool-vs-arsenal/caan-foul-second-yellow-not-given.html

mm76 likes this.
  12. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Not sure multiple accounts are allowed @GDeep™

13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

You and that tosser @Aevius can do one.

Unacceptable.

say yes likes this.
  14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Edit - don't know why abused @Aevius apologies mate.

say yes likes this.
  15. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Probably because I said something similar in another thread :lol:

16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

You tosser.

Aevi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.