• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Leicester vs Arsenal | 20th of August at 17:30 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Leicester vs Arsenal

leicester-away.png

All-Time Record
Arsenal wins- 58
Leicester wins- 27
Draws- 39

Past Results
31 Aug 2014- Leicester v Arsenal D 1-1
10 Feb 2015- Arsenal v Leicester W 2-1
26 Sep 2015- Leicester v Arsenal W 2-5
14 Feb 2016- Arsenal v Leicester W 2-1

Team News
Ramsey (Hamstring Injury)
Iwobi (Thigh Injury)
Gabriel (Ankle Injury)
Mertesacker (Knee Injury)
Welbeck (Knee Injury)

Team Prediction
Couple of possibilities. One of Chambers or Holding should be partnered a returning Koscielny, and Coquelin, Elneny, Cazorla, Wilshere, and Xhaka are all eligible for the two midfield positions. Giroud might slot in too, though I see him making more of a sub appearance. Something like this then:

Cech
Bellerin-Chambers-Koscielny-Monreal
Xhaka-Coquelin
Chamberlain-Özil-Alexis
Walcott​

Score Prediction
The squad looks better than against Liverpool because Koscielny, Özil, and Giroud are back, but they (along with Xhaka) are all going to be pretty rusty. Not too confident, I'm seeing a 2-2 on the cards. Really hope we win though, especially because of the Vardy and Mahrez transfer business.

N

NotAUserName

I'd start Xhaka for this one. I doubt it's going to be a high intensity affair like the Liverpool match as Leicester will look to play on the counter. I'm not sure if Koscielny, Özil and Giroud are ready to start but will have them on the bench just in case.

My line-up:

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Coquelin Xhaka
Campbell Alexis Chamberlain
Walcott​

Oooh to be

Win 2-1

Cech
Bellerin Holding Kosc Monreal
Cazorla Xhaka
Ox Özil Alexis
Giroud
This is the team I would like to see, but I imagine Chambers will get the shout over Holding, Walcott over Ox and Coq over Cazorla.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
the devil himself must have made our fixture list. If we just had two simple fixtures, damn!

we should be fine if we keep a deep line, and avoid counters.

N

NotAUserName

the devil himself must have made our fixture list. If we just had two simple fixtures, damn!

we should be fine if we keep a deep line, and avoid counters.
We beat them twice last season when they only lost a total of three matches. I am not worried in the slightest.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We beat them twice last season when they only lost a total of three matches. I am not worried in the slightest.
i'd be the same if this fixture came later.

no fit CMs: Ramsey/Xhaka/Wilshere/Santi/Özil

or CBs: Chambers and Holding are the only two available)

and no ST (Giroud, basically cuz Akpom wont start).

We will have to make do with whoever can stand on the day, and that concerns me.

JENSON_GUNNER

Need a victory badly. Not sure if an away game is a good tonic to our problems. But last season we did play well away from home. Koscielny definitely needs to start this one. Would start Giroud too if possible.

Santi and Ox starting might be a positive for us.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Giroud, Kos and Özil have had two full weeks of training. Surely they must be ready? It's not like they're not coming back from injuries.

I expect to see:

--------------------Chech----------------

Bellerin--Chambers--Kos----Nacho

-------------Coq---------Caz-------------

Theo-------------Özil-------------Alexis

------------------Giroud------------------

I think Wenger will go with experience. He said we lacked that against Liverpool and he knows we can't afford to lose this game because the atmosphere around the club would be unbearable.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope Giroud, Özil and Kos all play and stay fit. We really can't afford anymore f***ing injuries, as important as winning.

Would take a 2-0 victory but 3 would be better for moral. We put 5 goals past them last Sept but shipped 2. Got to start building clean sheets again, so Chambers with Kos and hope the lad steps up to the plate. Its time for him to come out of the shadows. IMHO he's got better potential then Gabriel anyway.

Would want to see Santi with Xhaka and hope that the team is tight like we were against Man U last October.

Now that the fan base had turned after only one game this year, this is a must win match.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I'm predicting a loss with at least one injury to a keyplayer. Nobody is looking forward to this match.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The player i missed the most last game was Giroud, he will surely play right?
Maybe. I don't think he'll play Özil, Koscielny and Giroud all together. They will probably not be ready for 90 minutes so Wenger will have to calculate at least one 60' sub in. I think Koscielny is obviously going to play and one of Giroud/Özil. I think Wenger will look at last season's performance there and will try to hit Leicester on the break so it will be Özil behind a Alexis-Walcott-Ox front three.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Maybe. I don't think he'll play Özil, Koscielny and Giroud all together. They will probably not be ready for 90 minutes so Wenger will have to calculate at least one 60' sub in. I think Koscielny is obviously going to play and one of Giroud/Özil. I think Wenger will look at last season's performance there and will try to hit Leicester on the break so it will be Özil behind a Alexis-Walcott-Ox front three.

That would really make me sick, cause if Sanchez has to plax out of his position again we are done for, i don't care about Walcott's feelings, either play him up front or bench - and sell him...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anything but a win is disastrous for us, they're gonna be so fired up for us.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Well one positive is that Wenger knows how to play Leicester. Let's hope he sets up the team that can do just that.

Our defence is a still a worry, even if Kos plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom