• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Leicester vs. Arsenal - 26/9/15 - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wow-what a great way to finish a hard 11 days on the road. Probably better to win the last 2 than the first 2, at least we head into our game against Olympiacos on a high.

* Leicester were never going to beat Arsenal "having a go" at us though. The game was too open for them. I like how we controlled the game once Theo scored the equalizer.

* Alexis is back & about time-what a great hatrick!

* Theo's adapting to the role as CF. Apart from his goal which was typical Theo, I was impressed with his hold up play as he showed some of the strength and battling qualities required to play up front.

* Our deep midfield is still a mish-mash imo. Le Coq or a Le Coq alike is badly needed in there.

* I like Per & his calmness but Gabriel every day of the week for me-his extra pace makes Leicester's 1st goal redundant.

* We probably got lucky with the NLD hero getting injured-our midfield was all over the place whilst he was on. Legs or no legs Arteta is a more disciplined CDM than either Santi or Flamini.

* Özil's pre-assist for the 1st goal and his assist for the 2nd, show just why he's in the team.

Now to beat Olympiacos & UTD and that will surely remove the ill feeling of Zagreb & Chelsea from our memories, for now.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great game of football, both sides really going for it. Hopefully Ranieri's approach pays off and Leicester finish as high as possible in the table.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We won 5-2 but for me it showed how thin the margins have been over the past few games.

On a different week Theo's first just goes wide, then for the second the balls could of easily spun over the crossbar or we overplay it or the keeper clatters Alexis for the third and Leicester get a free kick.

We should of beaten in particular by similar score. Leicester were more in the game than the score shows though.

redanddread

We won 5-2 but for me it showed how thin the margins have been over the past few games.

On a different week Theo's first just goes wide, then for the second the balls could of easily spun over the crossbar or we overplay it or the keeper clatters Alexis for the third and Leicester get a free kick.

We should of beaten in particular by similar score. Leicester were more in the game than the score shows though.
Leicester were in the game for the 1st 20 mins & then we ran all over them. I agree we could have been 2 down by then but the amount of chances we had, we should really have put that game to bed long before we did.

FOXINPEACE

Fantastic game of football by two positive attacking sides. Arsenal and Sanchez in particular were superb. No arguements that the better team won.

In some ways its quite admirable that we had a go but after the first goal we should've tried to slow the game down a little. If that second goal goes in where Vardy hit the bar it could've been a different story.

Both teams were excellent on the break and there was rarely any periods of play were either team were playing keep ball. I have to say that's the most impressive Arsenal performance I've seen for a few years.

Thought Vardy's first had shades of Henry about it. What do you boys think of him? Deserve to be in the England set up?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fantastic game of football by two positive attacking sides. Arsenal and Sanchez in particular were superb. No arguements that the better team won.

In some ways its quite admirable that we had a go but after the first goal we should've tried to slow the game down a little. If that second goal goes in where Vardy hit the bar it could've been a different story.

Both teams were excellent on the break and there was rarely any periods of play were either team were playing keep ball. I have to say that's the most impressive Arsenal performance I've seen for a few years.

Thought Vardy's first had shades of Henry about it. What do you boys think of him? Deserve to be in the England set up?
Vardy is good player he already got 6 goals in the season if i'm not wrong i think him and Mahrez going to be tough to stop this season. if your team can improve defensively i think you will finish high in the table.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
One thing I want to see our players improve on is clearing the danger. Too many times they try to play it out, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. If you hoof it up field you may give it to the opposition but at least its clear. I cant recall any specific points but it certainly happened again yesterday and on several occasions Leicester had it back not too far outside our area.

Anyway, its a good sign when I'm complaining about defending and we have just won 5-2 away :)

eye4goal

Established Member
* Leicester were never going to beat Arsenal "having a go" at us though. The game was too open for them. I like how we controlled the game once Theo scored the equalizer.

I for one didn't think an end-to-end game was going to suit us given the form of both coming to it and our absentees(thought Wenger would be more cautious). It was refreshing how they went for the 2-0 lead and almost got it, but were then punished. Maybe they could've sat back and countered, but I think it was more bad lack than naivety(we were rocking).

redanddread

I for one didn't think an end-to-end game was going to suit us given the form of both coming to it and our absentees(thought Wenger would be more cautious). It was refreshing how they went for the 2-0 lead and almost got it, but were then punished. Maybe they could've sat back and countered, but I think it was more bad lack than naivety(we were rocking).
In an open attacking game of football-very few teams in world football, let alone Leicester, beat Arsenal. They most definitely should have sat back and hit us on the break but they were going for it & at 2-0 up, who knows! Leicester had already had a few scares at the back though.

Remember, Wenger loves a "We attack, You attack" scenario as his mantra has always been about attacking football. The games he tends to lose, other then to the BIG boys, are to teams who play cagey, rope-a-dope counter attacking football.

Furthermore, Ranieri has a woeful record against Wenger (although, ironically the one win was when his Chelsea, through ****ing Makalele, did he ever score another goal, & Bridge beat the invincibles at Highbury the same year ****inho wins his first CL with Porto).

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I suppose yesterday we found out what it felt like to be 13/14 City playing us. Leicester yesterday were like how we used to try and play against the big teams and it would end up suiting them perfectly.

I have to say, it felt good! Let's hope United do the same next week. Come and attack us and you'll get picked off with every counter attack ;)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thought we were excellent yesterday. Özil done well, Alexis got it back, the only question is over Mertesacker and who our back up Dm is.

Bould14

The only concern I could notice are the direct balls of LCFC really undid us at times when we lost the ball.

redanddread

I suppose yesterday we found out what it felt like to be 13/14 City playing us. Leicester yesterday were like how we used to try and play against the big teams and it would end up suiting them perfectly.

I have to say, it felt good! Let's hope United do the same next week. Come and attack us and you'll get picked off with every counter attack ;)
United don't play that way though unfortunately. United try to play a much more controlled, possession type of game. If you remember it was US that got picked off on the break last year...;)

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'll be very surprised if Leicester are anywhere near the relegation battle at the end of the season.

No chance of that. they're a good side. There's some real filth in the division at the moment. Hopefully, the bottom 3 stays as it is now.

FreeGlennHelder

United don't play that way though unfortunately. United try to play a much more controlled, possession type of game. If you remember it was US that got picked off on the break last year...;)

Wot you mean the same way they have beaten us the last 50 times? The method that they use so much, Fergie dedicated part of his autobiography to it? I'm sure Wenger will twig eventually.

It is about the tactic that Ferguson devised for playing Wenger's team; a tactic that helped Manchester United win 10 out of the 14 matches they played in the last five seasons of Ferguson's tenure.

"In later years we learned more about Arsenal's thinking," wrote Ferguson. "Arsène had a template of how he sees his players and the way they play. We didn't need to win the ball against Arsenal, we needed to intercept it. You need good players who can intercept."

Ferguson then noted how Cesc Fabregas would nearly always "twist the pass round the corner then run to get it back on the other side of the defender" for Arsenal. Ferguson's instruction to his players was thus: "Stay with the runner, intercept the pass, then counter-attack quickly". The space for those counter-attacks was usually to be found in the wide positions where, whether home or away, Arsenal's full-backs were invariably lingering in their opponents' half in the often naïve expectation that their team-mate would not lose the ball.

redanddread

Wot you mean the same way they have beaten us the last 50 times? The method that they use so much, Fergie dedicated part of his autobiography to it? I'm sure Wenger will twig eventually.

It is about the tactic that Ferguson devised for playing Wenger's team; a tactic that helped Manchester United win 10 out of the 14 matches they played in the last five seasons of Ferguson's tenure.

"In later years we learned more about Arsenal's thinking," wrote Ferguson. "Arsène had a template of how he sees his players and the way they play. We didn't need to win the ball against Arsenal, we needed to intercept it. You need good players who can intercept."

Ferguson then noted how Cesc Fabregas would nearly always "twist the pass round the corner then run to get it back on the other side of the defender" for Arsenal. Ferguson's instruction to his players was thus: "Stay with the runner, intercept the pass, then counter-attack quickly". The space for those counter-attacks was usually to be found in the wide positions where, whether home or away, Arsenal's full-backs were invariably lingering in their opponents' half in the often naïve expectation that their team-mate would not lose the ball.

Same way...Hopefully we've twigged!!!!

Jaywood Mac

One thing I want to see our players improve on is clearing the danger. Too many times they try to play it out, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. If you hoof it up field you may give it to the opposition but at least its clear. I cant recall any specific points but it certainly happened again yesterday and on several occasions Leicester had it back not too far outside our area.

Anyway, its a good sign when I'm complaining about defending and we have just won 5-2 away :)
Ox done it again!! And Sanchez too. I think its good to play it out but our players play stupid passes and in particular try to dribble their way out and lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom