• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL:Liverpool v Arsenal|Tuesday, April 21, 2009@2000

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Another big game.Please, no more excuse this time(still feel hurt on yesterday game really but life must go on)

Villa drew yesterday and this is massive chance for us to open the gap further.

No Gerrard for them but also probably we will also without our best defender line up + GK.

Hmmm.... :?

xcdude24

Established Member
Re: BPL:Liverpool v Arsenal|Tuesday, April 21, 2009@2000

Well, at least we have Arshavin and Song rested.

Double_H

Established Member

im not in the Mood for this Game

our season will be decided in OldTrafford

we are almost 95% getting 4th

Arsène you screwed US Fans

AshburtonGhost

I reckon we'll see the usual Arsenal hangover sulk against Liverpool. The loss may not have hurt Wenger but will have hurt our players.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

These are games we should be fired up about, right?

I personally don't even care. I expect us to get stuffed, to be honest.

USgoonergirl

Established Member

Going to miss this one, in class, but i feel like we wont have gotten over the match yesterday by then.

Anzac

Established Member

AshburtonGhost said:
I reckon we'll see the usual Arsenal hangover sulk against Liverpool. The loss may not have hurt Wenger but will have hurt our players.

It may have hurt AW in as much as he may not have things his own way in the summer. IMO AW still needs silverware at the end of this season as some vindication for having f*cked up the PL campaign from the outset.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He looked devastated. Don't blame Wenger.

Anzac

Established Member

Clrnc said:
He looked devastated. Don't blame Wenger.

WTF!!!!

So we blame the players as opposed to the manager who made the changes, formation, roles & tactics, and then did nothing to change it apart from late subs?????

You're taking the p*ss aren't you & forgot the damn emoticon again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I am saying that in response to how you said "it might not hurt Wenger as much as the players." I definitely think its the opposite. Look at Denilson performance yesterday. ****ing idiot who pushed the ref and was lucky not to get sent off.

Wenger had too much blind faith in our players who ain't good enough. Yes he was to blame, but not everything was his fault like some others made it out.

This loss hurt him more than anyone, get this right

AshburtonGhost

You may be right there Anzac. By the way, are you from Australia?

Myles Palmer wrote an interesting line at the end of a somewhat venomous piece about the game when he said -

"I wonder what Stan Kroenke thinks of a manager who doesn't play his best player?" (Arshavin)

I believe Wenger threw the game, because he wants to go all out to win the Champions League. I view this as highly unprofessional because a manager should be trying to win as many trophies as he can. Losing to Man U last year in the FA Cup derailed us, I desperately hope that this doesn't happen again.

The powers that be should sit down with Wenger and let him know that the performance, tactics and selection were completely unacceptable and that if there is a personal agenda affecting the way he manages the team, to get rid of it. That was a glaring example of Wenger not doing what was in the best interests of the club and he deserves to be ferociously criticised for it.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Frankly don't even care what we will be fielding or what the score will be. I'm ****ing pissed at Wenger. He let the fans down once again with his stupid team selection in one of the most important matches of season.

I bet Liverpool are going to beat u, because our team morale is probably broken and it will take some time before we bounce back.

I only hope that we don't get beat bad. A simple 2:1 will be the most likely score.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AshburtonGhost said:
You may be right there Anzac. By the way, are you from Australia?

Myles Palmer wrote an interesting line at the end of a somewhat venomous piece about the game when he said -

"I wonder what Stan Kroenke thinks of a manager who doesn't play his best player?" (Arshavin)

I believe Wenger threw the game, because he wants to go all out to win the Champions League. I view this as highly unprofessional because a manager should be trying to win as many trophies as he can. Losing to Man U last year in the FA Cup derailed us, I desperately hope that this doesn't happen again.
The powers that be should sit down with Wenger and let him know that the performance, tactics and selection were completely unacceptable and that if there is a personal agenda affecting the way he manages the team, to get rid of it. That was a glaring example of Wenger not doing what was in the best interests of the club and he deserves to be ferociously criticised for it.
no he didnt. that was an obvious one he was trying his best to win this because he knew this was his best chance for a trophy

AshburtonGhost

Maybe 'throwing' isn't the right word.

He obviously thought we were a chance, starting with the team we did. If they did it, they did it. If they didn't, they didn't. I firmly believe that was his mindset going into the game. Either that or he completely overcomplicated everything in his own mind and stuffed his tactics/lineup badly.

If he was serious about winning the game, Song and Arshavin would have started in the formation that has been bringing us success of late domestically. I will never believe for a second that he was serious about the FA Cup. Never.

KY

Established Member

Really hard to get pumped up for this game. Especially after such a terrible loss. I honestly don't mind losing this game anymore. If we can't win the title, I'd rather liverpool win than the mancs or chelski.

So this is what its come down to...a title supporting role....
:(

progman07

Established Member

I don't even care about this game. We can afford to lose it.

What I wonder is how Arshavin and Song are feeling after these blatant mistakes? If I were them I'd be outraged.

stiiphunn

Established Member

I don't even care about this one.

Rest Cesc, Ade, Toure, RvP, Arshavin, Song, and whoever that knows how to play football.

asajoseph

Established Member

If we feel like this, imagine how excited the players must be?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

This game doenst bother me, we wont win the EPL title what was Wenger thinking yesterday? resting Arshavin and Nasri and Song, we could have been in the final if he had played them instead of benching them.

I would sign for a lose eventually and beeing in a final. and go overthere with our B-selection.

The players need to show that they are hungry

Top Bottom