• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I completely forgot about Wilshere whilst writing and I would without question take Wilshere over him. I disagree with Ramsey comment though, Lallana offers more on the wing than just cover for the full back to overlap.

Ramsey does way more than cover the full back in a wide forwards role. He very much possesses that forwards instinct which is demonstrated in his movement and propensity to find space, he's a more intelligent player who contributes to our passing game and is productive. Lallana is possibly slightly quicker, but Aaron trumps him in every other aspect.

haha_arsenal

loot at Pool's fixture,
they have ManU 4 days after us,
if you were Klopp, would you go all out at the league leader or rest players for the more win-able match ?

WhatAFC

No way he's going to rest anyone against us because they have a game 4 days later.

It should really be a fairly comfortable win given their injuries. Reckon a 0-2 result.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Klopp can't rest many players anyways, he either puts a full strength team out or plays some kids.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Giroud will surely play up top, for one alexis will not be ready and I don't think Wenger trusts the Ox in such a match.

Olly scored from set pieces against stoke, bayern, swansea and west brom. Liverpool miss their three first starting cb's, surely Arsène must fancy his chances against kolo toure, with özil's pinpoint deliveries.

remains

They will have an unsettled defence which we have to put under pressure. Will be interesting to see how we start the game, I hope Wenger instructs the players to blitz them early on like in the United game. If we get an early lead we can shore it up a bit and pick them off on the break.

General

Established Member
Biggest worry here is that we play a flamini-ramsey midfeild.
We can't run away from the fact that this soft centre gives any team a chance to get something against us. I think this game will be much closer that a lot of people think and Wenger would not want to lose the midfield battle in the weak manner we did against Southampton. Contrary to popular opinion, I think Arteta will start possibly alongside Flamini and Ramsey pushed to the wings with Theo manning the other flank.

General

Established Member
loot at Pool's fixture,
if you were Klopp, would you go all out at the league leader or rest players for the more win-able match ?

Klopp wouldn't even contemplate resting players against us because United match is more winnable. Maybe in an alternative reality he would but we are not on Mars. He pretty much bought himself breathing space by fielding a weakened side against Exeter in the cup. I disagree with the notion that they have a better chance against United. I'd be more confident facing an unpredictable Arsenal side, even if we're top of the league.

Last edited:

razörist

We can't run away from the fact that this soft centre gives any team a chance to get something against us. I think this game will be much closer that a lot of people think and Wenger would not want to lose the midfield battle in the weak manner we did against Southampton. Contrary to popular opinion, I think Arteta will start possibly alongside Flamini and Ramsey pushed to the wings with Theo manning the other flank.
Flamteta? Ur kidding right? We might as well give up right now. Wenger will go with his recent line up, with flamini- ramsey and walcott -giroud- campbell. Don't think we'll see ramsey return to the wing untill Coq is back, or elneny proves himself.

General

Established Member
Flamteta? Ur kidding right?.
No I'm serious . It won't be pretty to watch but it will stop us from being wide open. Last thing we want on a cold Wednesday night up north is to gift Liverpool a couple of cheap goals and get these thieving Scousers all pumped up. We must shut up shop and hope our offensive players turn up.

arsmile

Established Member
arteta isn't up to anything other than a cameo at the moment.

he doesn't have the mobility to do anything off the ball. Ramsey is a more solid defensive CM option.

razörist

Last thing we want on a cold Wednesday night up north is to gift Liverpool a couple of cheap goals and get these thieving Scousers all pumped up.

I'm all with you on that, but no way we'll achieve that with arteta on the pitch. Have you seen his performance against West Brom? You just know that he'll be the one gifting the cheap goals to liverpool.

I can already see flamini pointing out to arteta where he should be, and arteta not being able to get there. The guy is done, we should just give him a couple more cameo's and gracefully phase him out, he deserves that much.

loot at Pool's fixture,

Klopp will fancy the game against us. Even with make shift team, he will know what to do.

I'm not expecting anything at all from this game. These are the game we mess up badly.

Bould14

All the injuries LFC have is going to cost them points this week. No way they win games against us and United. I think it's 3 points our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom