• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs. Arsenal- 13/1/16- KO: 8.00pm- BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Once again home and away games are two totally different challenges.

Not really, we'll approach the game the same way. Not really overly fussed about dominating possession. We essentially played like an away team the majority of the time vs City. While we'll do the same but against a team with a LOT less quality.

Not a chance Arteta starts this anyways. We can't just chuck him in after returning from yet another injury.

The most I can see us do is bring the Ox in and have him make a midfield three with Ramsey and Flamini and have Özil out wide, but I doubt we'd do that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Liverpool beat us then I'll leave this forum.
QFT;)

Playing against one of the top pressing teams in the league with a midfield that's allergic to pressing is a recipe for disaster. Hoping Wenger has thought of something to counter it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

QFT;)

Playing against one of the top pressing teams in the league with a midfield that's allergic to pressing is a recipe for disaster. Hoping Wenger has thought of something to counter it.

I'm sticking to this. We won't lose. At worst, we'll **** up and draw. There's no possibility of us losing, we'll create enough chances with our quality and their poor defence. Combined with their limited attacking potential, they can press away we'll be able to deal with it.

Stoke and Chelsea are the games I'm apprehensive about, not this one. Even if people "it's the time of game we could lose", I honestly don't know how we can. Our players won't let us lose this.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Despite playing a Championship-team quality wise, this will be tough. I hope we grind out a win, we need some big results to sustain this title race.

There isn't a match thread over at RAWK, they might be bricking it ;)

General

Established Member
Not really, we'll approach the game the same way. Not really overly fussed about dominating possession. We essentially played like an away team the majority of the time vs City. While we'll do the same but against a team with a LOT less quality.

Not a chance Arteta starts this anyways. We can't just chuck him in after returning from yet another injury.

The most I can see us do is bring the Ox in and have him make a midfield three with Ramsey and Flamini and have Özil out wide, but I doubt we'd do that.

How do you know we will approach the game the same way? Have you access to Wenger's crib sheets? I think the team sheet or our approach is far from a forgone conclusion hence the reason we spend our time on forums speculating.

I wasn't even even talking about the details of the game or who starts. I was just pointing out that there are different factors at play in home and away games, from the leniency of the ref to the influence of the crowd etc, and these play a major role in deciding games. You can't cite the fact that because Flamini and Ramsey did ok against City, we can replicate this against Liverpool when there is a fundamental difference in the location of the game. They may well do but you have to recognise that there are different dynamics at play away from home.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Klopp will fancy the game against us. Even with make shift team, he will know what to do.

I'm not expecting anything at all from this game. These are the game we mess up badly.
hardly ever. We have a stellar recent record at Anfield. I'm intrigued to see how we handle the game as league leaders - last time was, well better not even bring that up. I don't see us losing this game.

Jaywood Mac

Henderson Can Milner would've been an effective midfield against us with Klopps pressing due to their energy and physicality. Thankfully they're not all fit.

JackTheHack

It's always tough at Anfield whatever the form/paper teams. We travel in hope. We need to start getting points from the 6 aways at Liverpool, Everton, City, United, Sp**s and West Ham.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

hardly ever. We have a stellar recent record at Anfield. I'm intrigued to see how we handle the game as league leaders - last time was, well better not even bring that up. I don't see us losing this game.

This will be our toughest match yet , they'll go all out for this one and they are a very good pressing side if our midfield for whatever reason don't feel like defending we could go down early .

TorontoGooner76

This will be our toughest match yet , they'll go all out for this one and they are a very good pressing side if our midfield for whatever reason don't feel like defending we could go down early .

Actually, I think not conceding first is very important on Wednesday. I think this is exactly Klopp's strategy for this one, to press and swarm our midfield in hopes of a turnover and a quick goal. If we are resilient to this and score first, it could be trouble for them.

A weakened Liverpool side for sure, but really a test for our own composure under pressure. No pun intended there.

redanddread

We've become a good side at scoring 1st & repeating that trick on Wednesday should bring all 3pts south. Hopefully the team will be switched on from the start. This is NOT a vintage Liverpool team & if we harbour (we do of course) ambitions to win the title, we win this match imo.

One point of note - since we lost Le Coq to injury we've not played particularly well away from home and I'd say that our inability to win the midfield battle has been the root cause for this. Flamini or Arteta & Ramsey will need to do the job required.

Since we suffered major erectile dysfunction & our Coq got injured:
All away games - P5 W2 L2 D1

redanddread

Liverpool recall Danny Ward as Simon Mignolet injury rumours circle

The injury problems currently inflicting Liverpool's first-team appears to know no bounds after rumours surfaced that Simon Mignolet was the latest man to cram into the Anfield treatment room.

Reports started to appear on social media following the news that Jurgen Klopp had recalled Danny Ward from his loan deal at Aberdeen. The 22-year-old was enjoying a fruitful spell with the Scottish club and, according to the BBC, had become a favourite amongst fans.

http://www.givemesport.com/688024-l...on-mignolet-injury-rumours-circle?autoplay=on

Aberdeen today suffered a major blow with first-choice loan keeper Danny Ward recalled early to parent club Liverpool.

The 22-year-old could be set to make his Liverpool first-team debut on Wednesday against Arsenal.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/keeper-blow-as-ward-recalled/?

emilursin

Its a tough 2 months coming up, need to grind as many points out of each game as we can, if were still in the title race come march/april we will win the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom