• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 13/12/09 | 16:00 | SS1

General

Established Member
We still rallied in the end against United and Diaby should've scored straight after the restart. Liverpool's performance when we went 2-1 up was shockingly poor. I was expecting an onslaught similar to last season but it was huff and puff and not much else. Some say they are having serious confidence crisis but I think they just lacked that extra cutting edge in midfield, resulting in them pathetically hoofing the ball upfield several times. Caragher was doing his best impression of Toure with the constant long punt forward.

James

Established Member
General said:
We still rallied in the end against United and Diaby should've scored straight after the restart. Liverpool's performance when we went 2-1 up was shockingly poor. I was expecting an onslaught similar to last season but it was huff and puff and not much else. Some say they are having serious confidence crisis but I think they just lacked that extra cutting edge in midfield, resulting in them pathetically hoofing the ball upfield several times. Caragher was doing his best impression of Touré with the constant long punt forward.
I think we were all expecting a tidal wave of pressure weren't we. They didn't look bothered about turning it back around. Their fans must've been extremely disappointed about that, but even they couldn't be bothered to voice their opinions at the end of the game.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
James said:
Rocky...still think Arshavin's over-rated? :wink:
We'll know for sure if Arshavin is properly, over- or under-rated when we hear Barcelona talk about whether they want him.

"Andre Arshavin tiene Barcelona en su ДHA."

Floating

Established Member
This is a good interview, and I love the way they get along at the end!

<a class="postlink" href="http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid271552671?bctid=56832939001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 6832939001</a>

I'm kind of a sucker for gestures of friendship among the team.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
In the same way that we were clinical against Liverpool. We scored a fortunate OG at an opportune moment, their heads dropped and we capitalised. Physically, apart from our defence, we lost nearly every 50-50.

I think this is fair to say, and a little concerning frankly. Apart from our defenders, only Song and Nicklas can really mix it when the going gets rough. I wouldn't say we were bullied, but our midfield and attack really struggle to impose themselves when the tackles start flying.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
In the same way that we were clinical against Liverpool. We scored a fortunate OG at an opportune moment, their heads dropped and we capitalised. Physically, apart from our defence, we lost nearly every 50-50.
I felt that it was more down to tactics though. We tried to create (and we admittedly sucked at it for the first 45 minutes) while Liverpool tried to stop us from doing so. I lost count of the amount of times that Mascherano came in with a ****y challenge that targeted the heels on Cesc. It's not that hard to play a physical game in that sense, and you don't need size to do it.

In the same way I guess it's fair to say that what ultimately won us the game was that our players were more comfortable on the ball. Every one in our team can handle the ball well. The same couldn't be said for Pool on the day.

Captain

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Del Boy said:
Who does everyone think was Liverpool's best player??

Lucas was MOTM for them IMO. Great display from him, improving alot this season.
Reina. This time he saved one from Arshavin. :mrgreen:

But yeah, I agree. Lucas was their best player. He's been doing a lot of quiet developing this season. Still not even nearly good enough for this level but the rest of the team has regressed to a state where he's currently one of their better performers.

Not even nearly good enough for what level? The premiership?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
For Liverpool. He's definitely good enough for Premier League but I don't think he's good enough for a club that aspires on the top four, let alone one that had the title as a target when the season started.

alonso14

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
For Liverpool. He's definitely good enough for Premier League but I don't think he's good enough for a club that aspires on the top four, let alone one that had the title as a target when the season started.

i think that is a little unfair

He has suffered because we have played with two defensive midfielders

He played a lot of games last season and we finished second

He has improved a hell of a lot this season

He deserves his place in the squad

marco

RockyRocastle said:
Dare I say it - the sort of performance and result that win teams the title.

Saying that, unless we strenghten in Jan (which we wont) we will come up short again.

Im glad Wenger gave them a bollocking at half time, and as bad as im sure it was, it would not have been half as severe as what I would have said to them!

haha all my my mates were saying to me at half time that i should go in there and tell them what i thought!
first off would have been sending that clown in goal of to faulty towers.
you going tomorrow mate? im freezing my bollocks off in london its gonna be artic in burnley! but i cant wait!! der der der der der

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
alonso14 said:
i think that is a little unfair

He has suffered because we have played with two defensive midfielders

He played a lot of games last season and we finished second

He has improved a hell of a lot this season

He deserves his place in the squad
Well, perhaps. I mean, he's deserved of a squad place. But the way Benitez use him he's your most consistent starter this season, isn't he? Besides, every time I saw Lucas start last season he struggled, so I'd say it was more about being the weakest link in the setup than being a contributor to the second place finish.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's an underrated player. But Benitez is making the same mistake with him right now as Wenger made with Denilson last season, only Denilson is arguably a better and more rounded player than Lucas is and adapted quicker to the team. Lucas is not good enough for this level at the moment, in my opinion.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom