• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Man Utd v Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13 | 20:00 | SS1

squallkid

Established Member
The big 1, the grand-daddy of matches. This is the biggest league match of the year in my eyes. We've had the rivalry for years and it has been intense throughout the years and beating Man Utd is more difficult than winning a NLD at least in my eyes and we have to set a few things right.

We need to avenge our lost there last season

Man Utd haven't lost in the premier league this season yet and are unbeaten in the league since April last year.

We haven't won at Old Trafford since 2006

But we have a few problems of our own

No Fabregas and a dodgy defense

Howard Webb is the referee and it is Old Trafford so expect all of the decisions to go their way and I expect vidic will have to punch Arshavin in the face and then drop kick Chamakh in the box for us to get a penalty and even then Webb will have to think about it.

Everything against us heading into this game with the biggest of incentives win and we are 4 points clear it's that simple

Win and we send a message throughout the league that says "We are here, We are Arsenal and we aren't the same team as before, we've matured and proven that we can beat the big side and we are in this title race for the long haul."

Our best chance to win the league since 2007-2008 and the right time to send out a signal of intent

Lord Dula

Established Member
Re: EPL - Arsenal v Man Utd- Mon. Dec. 20, 20.00.SS1

can see us getting turned over. most likely we will play well, but will fluff up defensively, or get opened up in the midfield or done over by a ref

Bossa

Established Member

That was quick. A draw wouldnt be the worst result.

I'd play this team:

Arshavin RVP Nasri
Wilshere Song Rosicky/Cesc
Clichy Kos Djourou Sagna
Fabianski

AshburtonGhost

Combine this with the other thread, squallkid's got it the wrong way around.

Proof

Established Member

Delete the other thread.

*edit Nevermind. I just did it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I'd play

Fabianski
Sagna Kos Squid Clichy
Rosicky Song Wilshere/Cesc
Nasri Chamakh Shava

Meatwad

because of our **** performance today i actually think we'll go there and get 3 points. it's out of the system.

arsenallegends

Established Member

Fabianski; Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy; Song, Wilshere; Nasri, RvP, Arshavin; Chamakh.
Subs: Almunia, Eboue, Denilson, Walcott, Bendtner, Rosicky, Nordtviet.

---Walcott should feature but not start
---RvP was playing within himself today; don't think that will be the case on Monday.
---Song has to stay back; United are lethal on the counter
---Fabregas should make the bench he's fit enough but he should be looking to play Chelsea.

They'll go VDS; Da Silva, Vidic, Rio, Evra; Fletcher, Anderson, Park; Rooney, Berbatov, Nani.

1-0 Arsenal.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

I am ****ing desperate for asswhoop their overrated asses

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Well, our team did their best to blow all the confidence I've had before monday's game away, but they failed.

No question this one is going to be a tough task.
Our record there is neither bad nor good, but it's vital that we beat them this time.
Enough of that Men vs Boys crap, time to stand up and be counted.

Same team to start as we've had against Villa and Fulham.
That means no Fabs, regardless whether he's fit or not. We shouldn't rush him back, and there're other games for him to pick up some form, not this one.
Robin on the bench, any of Squib or Kos too, because I guess we'd need DJ's presence at the back.

1291845046257601.jpg

Prediction:

More than two goals from us there, for the very first time since 1984.
Whether this will be enough or not, we'll see.

arsmile

Established Member

fabianski
sagna-squid-kos-clichy
wlshere-song
nasri-rosicky-arshavin
chamakh

i'd be tempted to start theo, but he is too effectve as a sub if things go wrong! we dont have any other player with that kind of impact off the bench. i dont think we should play robin in what is effectively a midfield position against manure, and chamakh is too good to drop from there right now- might see denilson in midfield instead of rosicky with wilshere in front if we want to be more solid.

a few little things Arsène could do going into this- our current best 11 isnt clear- i am quietly confident though however we set up.

squallkid

Established Member
Re: EPL - Arsenal v Man Utd- Mon. Dec. 13, 20.00.SS1

I edited the title and made the correction, silly mistake on my part.

Humble Rex

Established Member

If I see RVP in that AM role on Monday I swear I will turn the tv off, go sit in a corner and cry for 2 hours.

And I have absolutely no confidence Wengie won´t play him there :sad:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

squallkid said:
I edited the title and made the correction, silly mistake on my part.

Don't you think it should rather be Man United - Arsenal, because we're playing away?

qs

Established Member

Clrnc said:
I'd play

Fabianski
Sagna Kos Squid Clichy
Rosicky Song Wilshere/Cesc
Nasri Chamakh Shava

Make it Rosicky/Cesc and I'd agree completely.

No way should van Persie be starting this game thats for sure.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

No Van Persie in midfield please. Either him or Chamakh but both at the same time hasn't worked at all so far and Man Utd away is not a game to experiment. I want us to play a defensive, disciplined game as we'll have to rely on a moment of magic by Arshavin, Van Persie or Nasri to get anything out of the game anyways. Might as well defend in numbers as throwing men forward hasn't made much of a difference recently.

Fabianski
Sagna, Squillaci, Koscielny, Clichy
Song, Wilshere
Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin
Chamakh or Van Persie

Kain

Established Member

squallkid said:
Howard Webb is the referee and it is Old Trafford so expect all of the decisions to go their way and I expect vidic will have to punch Arshavin in the face and then drop kick Chamakh in the box for us to get a penalty and even then Webb will have to think about it.

We might as well paint targets on our players before they even start the game, Fletchers best mate is ref.

mo50

Established Member
Re: EPL - Man Utd V Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13, 20.00.SS1

Biggest game of the season. Beat them and we stay top. With Chelsea playing Sp**s, they may well drop more points so this game is massive.

Let's not embarrass ourselves. We're due a result against one of the big boys, and here's hoping we pull through. Having Fabregas fit will be massive. If he's not 100% though, Rosicky should start.

I'm hoping Fergie plays a 4-4-2. With Berbatov in form, it'd be criminal if he dropped him, so I'm hoping he accomodates both Rooney and Berbatov so we can dominate their midfield.

This game is Nasri's to shine. I think he'll put in a blinder.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom