• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

General

Established Member
Score first and the whole complexion of the game changes. The balance of the team hasn't been right for some time and you can trust us to make a mediocre United side look like world beaters. All this title talk is wishful thinking and most of us know in our heart of hearts that this team is not good enough to win the title. The perennial Feb/March slump is in full swing.

MagicalRozza

It was my birthday on Saturday. My wife got me a new Arsenal jacket. The b-day party was excellent and then we went to see the Grimsby Brothers and loved it. The only thing I needed to have a perfect weekend was for Arsenal to beat MU's third squad. I was optimistic seeing the lineup, although I saw no point in choosing Wallcott over anyone else. ****! What a disapointment. There was no drive, no desire, no hunger in the team. Wenger is full of **** saying that they gave it all. They did not. The went down without a fight. Major *****slapping is needed in the dressing room.

I think I know what has happened here. We have some become entwined in a 1993 Bill Murray comedy drama.
Think about it for a minute. We have subs around the same time in every match. We have feelings of hope at the start of every season which give way to feelings of despair at the end of every season. We use the same tactics regardless of team we play. There is the same lack of spending on players for positions we actually need to fill. Players pick up the same injuries. Wenger and the board refuse to acknowledge there are any problems.

Everything is the same year after year, we are in a loop.

Yes I'm afraid it's true. We have entered Goonhog day. Unfortunately I don't think we will wake up with Andie MacDowell noshing us off like in the original movie (directors cut!)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game, about to watch MOTD. First thing I see is the fact United were basically playing a B team. Nonsense.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Terrible result. We'd be the only team to beat their top 11 3-0 and lose to their B- Team. Typical. We didn't come out like a team that wanted to smash them and once they scored their first goal, their belief meter went up. It's games like this that make me think we need to take a step back, invest in a younger coach and do some rebuilding, because Wenger seems to lose against top coaches all the time, regardless of what form their team is in. It's a good lesson Man U showed us, though theirs was borne of necessity. Younger players who are in form should get a look in. Many of our starters are in terrible form, and they are automatic starters. If we want to get better, we need to include more of an aspect of meritocracy. It keeps the senior players fresh and motivated.

General

Established Member
We didn't make our early dominance count and ultimately you could say this is what decided our fate. Unless we've made a conscious effort not to concede like against Barca, Wenger's teams are naturally too wide open and it's fun to play against us. Like Reece Oxford, this Ratchford kid will never find a better high profile team to help him make a name and will be back in the reserves soon.

tim08

Losing to that United B team shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. I remember in 2011 we lost 2-0 at their place in a FA Cup tie with them having a midfield 4 of Fabio, Rafeal, Gibson and O'Shea:lol:.

Dear oh dear Arsène.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Losing to that United B team shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. I remember in 2011 we lost 2-0 at their place in a FA Cup tie with them having a midfield 4 of Fabio, Rafeal, Gibson and O'Shea:lol:.

Dear oh dear Arsène.

That was also one of the most painful days in recent history. Man Utd seem to bring out the best or worst in us.

tim08

There are some absolute corkers on Arsenal fan tv from todays game. So much anger from the fans and who can blame them after travelling all that way and spending all that dollar to see that **** show.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Sp**s win the league I won't bother watching us again until we have a good summer window.

Sad thing is even if someone does force Wenger to spend I'm becoming less convinced that he can do the job with each game.

The state of his management the past few seasons.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Terrible stuff, again. Severe lack of quality out on the pitch there. Utd are an average side but at least they had the excuse of missing several key players, we arguably had our strongest side out bar Walcott (but we picked him over Giroud by choice). All our 'big hitters' did **** all, Sanchez, Özil....Walcott (****ing hell, how much are we paying him?). They had a reserve player up front and a makeshift defence, and a clown managing them, and we still couldn't come close to beating them.

Struggling to see anything significant that Ramsey offers in midfield, think he's been painfully average since he started his run this season. He runs around a lot and makes himself heard, but nothing incisive about his passing and his ball control is flaky to say the least. Welbeck did OK but Christ he lacks the basics, often takes 3 touches to do what any half decent player needs one touch to do. Also difficult to know what his role was, he kept drifting central into the hole where Özil should have been, he was just taking the ball and slowing our play. The first half was like playing with 10 men, Walcott was diabolical. We've known for years that he offers nothing 95% of the time though. Giroud might be limited but can we finally accept that he's our best striker.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I understand the criticism for Wenger. He left us short in the summer and that's why we're in the position we're in. I get that. But I'm not going to blame him for today's game. He did what everyone wanted. He put Gabriel in defence. He put Walcott up front. He dropped Giroud. And Özil had all the runners in the world.

Unfortunately it's these changes that proved to be our undoing. Wenger was right to switch things up, but ultimately the changes everyone wanted weren't as effective as we thought they'd be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom