• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Today's game had nothing to do with spending power or Flamini still being at the club, they had an entire team out injured and played a couple of kids, while their bench was all kids.

Our starting XI was more experienced and Santi was arguably the only player missing who would walk straight back into this side. We just weren't up for it mentally and didn't have the believe and motivation to win it.

Spending 100M won't change that.

ArsenalCRO

This today was as average as it gets with Arsenal.

I've no clue as to Per was dropped. How can Wenger not see; without Santi we need him to be able to pass ball from the back, Gabriel stinks in that part at the moment. Him and Kos is a disaster waiting to happen, and let's not forget that Kos without Per is half a player he usually is.

Ramsey...oh Aaron, just when I think he picked his form up he lets me down. Is he blind or just ignorant to the fact that we cant pass from the back? If you are a CM and you notice your two CBs struggling with passing, then why in the name of all that is holy do you not go and pick it off them? He must know by now that Coq isn't Busquets type of midfielder

Walcott is useless, blood useless. He's 26 and plays like he plans to retire at the end of this season. What is wrong with him as a player? 10 years now and he still can't do some basics. 140 p/w for someone who touches the ball ~10 times per match is, well extortion from Theo. He took advantage of Arsenal when they were vulnerable and is now chilling balls, without a care in the world.

A mention for the whole team as well. we score with ~20 mins to go to make it 3:2 and give up after that. Pathetic really. Like a ceremonial match in last 15 or so, with United players doing fancy stuff and we messing around a bit.

Man, so frustrating, I could go on like this for ten pages..but what's the point. Onward to Swanses now, we need to win that one at any cost.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
There was zero game plan. The players played as if they don't give a damn and showed zero belief that we are actually in a title race. It was very evident from the way most players behave after the goals, as if we scored a consolation. It was even more evident to see Ramsey completely giving up even before half time, not bothering to chase any single ball when he lose it easily.

For me, this is up there with the 8-2, 6-0, 5-1. It's an absolute disgrace to even draw with this United side, let alone lose. Even City's FA Cup team would have done better.

It's not like it's the first time too. We lost to a United side with 7 defenders, and lost to a backline of Valencia McNair Smalling Blackett Young to have United their first away win under LVG who was utter **** at that time. It's not a coincidence. The only constant? Arsène Wenger.

Seamus

These players just don't know how to win. Simple as that. If you lack the inner drive and desire then there is not much Wenger can do for them. That being said, the manager must be able to motivate the players to get them up. Wenger has lost that ability. A fresh face would put everyone on edge. I can't even imagine him yelling at a player. Yet Ferguson would go absolutely ballistic at even his proven players.

eyoba

This today was as average as it gets with Arsenal.

I've no clue as to Per was dropped. How can Wenger not see; without Santi we need him to be able to pass ball from the back, Gabriel stinks in that part at the moment. Him and Kos is a disaster waiting to happen, and let's not forget that Kos without Per is half a player he usually is.

Ramsey...oh Aaron, just when I think he picked his form up he lets me down. Is he blind or just ignorant to the fact that we cant pass from the back? If you are a CM and you notice your two CBs struggling with passing, then why in the name of all that is holy do you not go and pick it off them? He must know by now that Coq isn't Busquets type of midfielder

Walcott is useless, blood useless. He's 26 and plays like he plans to retire at the end of this season. What is wrong with him as a player? 10 years now and he still can't do some basics. 140 p/w for someone who touches the ball ~10 times per match is, well extortion from Theo. He took advantage of Arsenal when they were vulnerable and is now chilling balls, without a care in the world.

A mention for the whole team as well. we score with ~20 mins to go to make it 3:2 and give up after that. Pathetic really. Like a ceremonial match in last 15 or so, with United players doing fancy stuff and we messing around a bit.

Man, so frustrating, I could go on like this for ten pages..but what's the point. Onward to Swanses now, we need to win that one at any cost.
This. And our Medfield was not pressing them high up the pitch letting their keeper pass the ball to his midfield easily. If Ramsey and Coquline were not helping our defenders as an outlet and if they were not pressing the opposing midfielders, then what is the point of having them on the pitch? Although Ramsey started coming back for the ball in the second half, he kept losing the ball at the slightest pressure.
It was frustrating as hell.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Losing to that United B team shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. I remember in 2011 we lost 2-0 at their place in a FA Cup tie with them having a midfield 4 of Fabio, Rafeal, Gibson and O'Shea:lol:.

Dear oh dear Arsène.

Was this match that caused Pogba to leave, I prefer Vangles approach of bringing in younger players in position rather than playing utility players out of position. Still.. quite amazing how we advanced, Fergie Factor in a nutshell.

man-utd-xi.jpg

adpree

What worries me is how frustrated Özil seemed towards the end. Guys got his prime years ahead and this is the sort of situation where heads get turned.

We really need a proper CM and ST and the shortage in that position is glaring. I don't get how we have a whole bunch of CM's but all of them are either not in form or out injured. Very frustrating.

Scandrew

Ramsey was terrible. He doesn't have the technicalability/ball control to dictate midfield when the pressure is on. They basically did to us what teams previously did to us before Wenger came up with the Santi/Coq solution. Our game is very reliant on us controlling midfield (obviously). High press and make us cough up the ball and cause silly errors. That throw's out the whole tempo/game plan for the rest of the team which probably explains why they played so bad.

Sometimes I wonder whether Özil and Ramsey should switch positions. Özil can help dictate play from deep and Ramsey can be the all-guns-blazing type of guy upfront he likes to be..

I think Elneny should've played instead of Ramsey because he seems to have a better understanding of movement and ball distribution especially in regards to maintaining possession but I guess Wenger's not brave enough to break Ramsey's heart.

Monreal had to bury that chance - if he scored there we win the game.
He did score there in the FA Cup last year from a very similar position and we went on to win the game
There was penalty for us before HT not given. Other than that the referee didn't make other mistakes

He could have easily sent Ramsey off for that stupid shove on Depay. He booked Varela and Carrick early on too - the referee was brave considering how **** referees usually are at Old Trafford. Although Fergie not being there helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom