• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Man Utd vs Arsenal - 28th February, 14:05, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Walcott, Welbeck and Campbell would all be a more effective strikers for us if given the run of games Giroud has gotten. Which I suppose is a credit to hit fitness levels.

Anyway I'd field this XI:

Cech
Bellerin - BFG - Boss - Nacho
Ramsey - Le Coq
Campbell - Özil - Alexis
Welbz

Bench: Ospina, Gabriel, Chambers, Elneny, Ox, Theo, Giroud
Stands: Flamini​

My only doubt would be whether to play Gabriel when he's fit. Martial will start up front for them, right? And I expect them to try and hit us on the counter. Gabby may be the right guy for this job. We need more movement up front, and Welbz gives us that without sacrificing too much physically.

We should really do these guys. They may be in an even worse state than when Moyes was in control. And it was a disgrace we couldn't beat that terrible side, let alone this one..

1-3 to the Arsenal.

Thats a good well-balanced team.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

United have to go all out in the Europa League on thursday, we'll have two days of rest on them. I think Campbell is the only option on the right for this game, since I'm still not sure if Walcott actually was subbed in against barca or not. Welbeck has to play, even if there is no proof that he actually is better than before. He'll be stoked to play United and give LVG one last taste of what he's been missing. Plus Özil wil defenitly be happy.

Luckily 2 home games for us.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We're struggling to score, they've only conceded 5 goals at home...it's going to be brutal
0-0.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
-------------------------Cech
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
---------------Coquelin--Ramsey
Walcott--------------Özil-------------Alexis
----------------------Welbeck

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Chamberlain, Campbell, Giroud

blaze_of_glory

-------------------------Cech
Bellerin-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Monreal
---------------Coquelin--Ramsey
Walcott--------------Özil-------------Alexis
----------------------Welbeck

Subs: Ospina, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Chamberlain, Campbell, Giroud

I'd go with that but switch Ox for Theo. At least Ox tries to make plays.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We're struggling to score, they've only conceded 5 goals at home...it's going to be brutal
0-0.
This.

We can barely score. They're defensively solid at home. Not too hard to predict whats going to happen really is it. This sort of game isn't the type to kick start our goal scoring again. That would be something like Swansea at home next week.

This is a must win for me but realistically were looking at a draw.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Agree, this has a boring 0-0 or 1-1 draw written all over it.

We are going to play it safe so we don't lose again after the midweek game and United, well, they will just pass it around aimlessly in their own half.

Normally we should destroy them. Our team is better on paper, we're much more creative, they have plenty of injured players, they play sh*t and LVG has no clue how to get things better. But we're so awful in front of goal atm that I fear we f*ck this up, I'd be happy if we can score two.

Welbeck should start, he impressed me since he returned and strangely looks like he got better being injured ? Still, Giroud didn't score since nearly two months and no need to talk about Walcott.

We really need to win this, the boys will do their "bounce back" thing.

I hope for :

Bellerin----------------Koscielny-----Mert--------------Monreal
---------------------Coquelin-------Ramsey-------------------
-----Oxlade------------------Özil---------------------Alexis
-----------------------------Welbeck--------------------------

kopzilla

Always Negative
We will lose...we always find creative ways to do so...remember the own goal by the braindead Diaby when Utd had a corner? :lol:

FFS... Please just score!! I can't bear our goal drought anymore.

nmn

I hope for :

Bellerin----------------Koscielny-----Mert--------------Monreal
---------------------Coquelin-------Ramsey-------------------
-----Oxlade------------------Özil---------------------Alexis
-----------------------------Welbeck--------------------------
People seem to forget that the Ox got injured yesterday. Campbell should come in and torment that Jackson kid.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Nah F Giroud man, his constant flicks and **** passes and crap movement is enough for me. He is terrible. Welbeck came on against Barcelona and actually looked dangerous, he better start. Ox maybe injured so stick Campbell on the right, and terminate Flamini's contract.

raag

Our season is pretty much ****ed. So essentially there isn't much to play for aside from dignity. Can't see us catching City or any of the Top 4 for that matter and the injuries don't seem to be stopping.

Your players have more to play for and should probably be up for it more but I'd still be devastated if we lost to Arsenal no matter what the current circumstance is.

Can only hope the players are fired up after the 3-0 at the Emirates but obviously, your lot will be pushing to bounce back after yesterday.

I don't know. I don't think teams need motivation when it comes to a derby. I was watching videos of Roy Keane and vieira going at it. What a rivalry that was. You don't get any of that nowadays

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep, must win. Huge game.

We didn't come off too badly vs Barca and have a mostly fully fit squad.

No excuses. If the shoe was on the other foot, United would turn us over at the Emirates.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I said before I thought we would beat Leicester, lose to Barcelona, beat Manchester Utd and lose to Sp**s.

Welbeck to close down Redcafe this weekend.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Agree, this has a boring 0-0 or 1-1 draw written all over it.

We are going to play it safe so we don't lose again after the midweek game and United, well, they will just pass it around aimlessly in their own half.

That's all well and good but we have a harder game 5 days later. Much harder. They are **** and possibly without the two players that could prevent us winning. I don't like using the term but this is a must win if ever there was one.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Last time I predicted we'ld win at OT we did.

Here's the good news: think we'll win again.

The team I'ld play to do it:

----------Cech
Bel-Merte-Kos-Nacho
----Coq-Ramsey
Welbz-Mesut-Alexis
--------Giroud

Jazz

Anything from the Barca games was always going to be a bonus. This is where we have to deliver. No excuses, none. We have the better team and desperately need to win the title.

They'll likely be up for this because of how we beat them last time and the fact they don't have much more to play for this season. Again, nothing less than 3 points is acceptable if we want to be champions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom