• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Manchester City vs Arsenal - 4:10pm - 18/12/11 - SS1

David Smith

Established Member
Welcome to the forums Ferrari, nice to have you on board :)

Assuming injury status remains the same we can predict the same lineup as against Everton.
-------------------Szczesny-------------------
--Djourou--Mertesacker--Koscielny--Vermaelen--
---------------Song------Arteta---------------
----Walcott--------Ramsey----------Gervinho---
------------------Van Persie-------------------

AFC-Phil

Established Member
I'd take a point without hesitation.

Do ****ty have any injuries? One to Silvs/Aguero would be welcome as would one to Yaya who has been brillisnt with his driving movement off-the-ball, recently.

entropy13

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:
I'd take a point without hesitation.

Do ****ty have any injuries? One to Silvs/Aguero would be welcome as would one to Yaya who has been brillisnt with his driving movement off-the-ball, recently.

Maybe Chel$ki would do us some favors with that. :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A point would be a good result, first goal will be crucial in this.

IBL

Established Member
I'm glad its away, slightly less pressure and the onus will be on Citeh to come out and attack which should free up some space for Theo and Gervinho.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not decided about how good we are either yet. We've only had ONE convincing win all season, and that came at Wigan. We've looked naive at times in pratically every other game, and I know there are still a few areas good teams will exploit.

Avoiding defeat would be good.

dyeruz

Established Member
Everyone (media that is) will be predicting a tough game for us, but city (united result aside) haven't really performed well against top class opposition. If Djourou's not in the team then we've got a chance to win, but would take a point now.

Kain

Established Member
You can't help but wonder how much the wingback situation will cost us, maybe it will work in our favor to have the centerbacks in there, then again it could destroy us.

Both teams get a good rest before this game too. In the CC fixture Man City played many games in succession and didn't rotate enough, it showed. Here they play Chelsea on Monday (so we get two days extra rest on them) but then have a valuable 5+ days to recuperate.

They have been lethal at home, yet we're in good form too.

dyeruz

Established Member
Kain said:
You can't help but wonder how much the wingback situation will cost us, maybe it will work in our favor to have the centerbacks in there, then again it could destroy us.

Both teams get a good rest before this game too. In the CC fixture Man City played many games in succession and didn't rotate enough, it showed. Here they play Chelsea on Monday (so we get two days extra rest on them) but then have a valuable 5+ days to recuperate.

do they have a bigger pitch? could be made for us with theo's pace then again the way we defend silva is a very intelligent player and can pick us apart. Rambo goal 1-0

Bourne

Established Member
Of course we should go into this game making sure that we don't come away with nothing. But I really think we can go there and win.

mo50

Established Member
This will be a very tough game, and I'd be ecstatic with a draw. My biggest worry is Djourou, who was at times horrible today. You just can't give the ball to an opponent when your clearing it, and City will punish us if we do.

Lets hope they get a few injuries/suspensions in the Chelsea match. Oh, and a repeat of last years result would be nice.

Kain

Established Member
dyeruz said:
Kain said:

do they have a bigger pitch? could be made for us with theo's pace then again the way we defend silva is a very intelligent player and can pick us apart. Rambo goal 1-0

Man Citys pitch is one of the largest, if not the biggest in the league. plenty of space but they also have wingbacks and playes in general with pace and athleticism to counteract our pace.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Maybe they'l rest Silve & Y.Toure for this one.... yeah, heres to hoping.

This is the acid test of the rejuvinated AFC, Id pretty much accept a point for this one and I am equally sure that most people would, But quietly hoping Chelski inflict some sort of damage on Citeh and/or its players for us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Big big test for our defense, another clinical and fast moving offensive unit in City. We dont handle those well at the back.

If Mancini goes for all our attack and domination, it could give us a chance with our front three and our ability to play on the counter.

If we can get a draw Id be very happy.

Jbruin

Established Member
Really worried about Per V Aguero for this one, I'd put Kos on him like we did with Messi, just annoy the **** out of him an completely stifle him, Per can deal with Dzeko. I have complete faith in Verms to deal with whoever they put on the right.

Just hope Theo does his usual thing and turns it on for another big game.

Can see our forwards giving them real trouble, also I'd give Rosicky a go as our AM because we can't have Ramsey's poor final ball ****ing up attacking moves for us, either that or drop Ramsey deeper and play a flat 3, which would get a lot more out of Ramsey IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom