• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Manchester United vs Arsenal- 19th November. 12:30 SS1

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That poor UTD. side were better than us - we need to take a long hard look at the players we have. We need upgrades in our attacking wide men and our CM's if Xhaka isn't going to be the answer. I'd say we had a poor team out there so we should be pleased with a point. If you were to go through the teams 1-11 how many of our players would come out on top? Koz, Mustafi, Nacho, Özil & Alexis - otherwise UTD. had superior players.

Their midfield was much more balanced and overall better quality than ours - Pogba, Herrera & Carrick were comfortably better than Elneny, Le Coq & Rambo. There was no one to put their foot on the ball and create a tempo in our midfield. For a team that prides itself on passing, we have a group of players that can't pass to save their lives when the heat is on.

Wenger really needs to sort this out as Santi can't be relied upon anymore.
Makes sense, but we're never going to match United for spending power. They will always have better players. That squad is half a billion pounds.

But look what Mourinho's done with those players, even the last six matches DDLDWD, but Wenger with his players WWDWDD.

Even with that poor passing team as you call it, we're doing better. But we definitely need our best players out there though.

WhatAFC

That poor UTD. side were better than us - we need to take a long hard look at the players we have. We need upgrades in our attacking wide men and our CM's if Xhaka isn't going to be the answer. I'd say we had a poor team out there so we should be pleased with a point. If you were to go through the teams 1-11 how many of our players would come out on top? Koz, Mustafi, Nacho, Özil & Alexis - otherwise UTD. had superior players.

Their midfield was much more balanced and overall better quality than ours - Pogba, Herrera & Carrick were comfortably better than Elneny, Le Coq & Rambo. There was no one to put their foot on the ball and create a tempo in our midfield. For a team that prides itself on passing, we have a group of players that can't pass to save their lives when the heat is on.

Wenger really needs to sort this out as Santi can't be relied upon anymore.
If xhaka is not the answer? Come on man, the guy has been at the club for less than 4 months with numerous international breaks in that time as well. Fans are ridiculously impatient these days, how long would it take you to settle into a new job role? Now multiply that by having 60k people watching you do it, a new country and a new language.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Watched again closely,we were ok in the first half albeit a little timid at times. Alexis should have done better with his header. From 62-85 minutes,Utd took a grip of the game and whilst we weren't rocking, we were clinging on. For Mata's goal,we had bodies back but we were ball watching. It was a very disjointed performance by us and a lot of that is down to personnell. Jenks, Monreal, Theo, Ramsey, Alexis and Giroud are all returning from injury. The MF is was an untested combination. Özil's had two weeks off and should be sharper next week. The players didn't let their heads drop and despite some awful individual errors at times,there was no lack of effort. I applaud our bravery in pushing up into the Utd half in the second half and dropping deep and defending for our lives later.
It was a subdued performance all round and all the media talk of yet another bogey ground got to us.
This is the first time we have been behind away this season and still"phenomenal" Utd didn't beat us. We have been behind less than every other team this season. This was a step in the right direction for us although not the giant leap I'd hoped for.
My day was made by Giroud's majestic leap, his lack of celebration and the malaise that has engulfed Old Trafford and the fawning media. November almost over, three points off Chelsea,a lot of players to come back and a new transfer window opening in six weeks. It's all to play for and we will come again. COYG.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
This should be mandatory viewing for all gooners to remind us of the pure ****ery that used to go on up at OT. Mike Riley is now head of the PGMOL.

Sky's Rupert Murdoch owned 10% of UTD. at the time also...

So lets take our point, deserved or not & shove it up their ****ing arses!

Ian Fleming wrote: “Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”. This was five. Or even more.

How naïve it is to believe this was just a coincidence.

EPL is about more money than any of us will see in a lifetime.

There is an elephant in the room.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watched again closely,we were ok in the first half albeit a little timid at times. Alexis should have done better with his header. From 62-85 minutes,Utd took a grip of the game and whilst we weren't rocking, we were clinging on. For Mata's goal,we had bodies back but we were ball watching. It was a very disjointed performance by us and a lot of that is down to personnell. Jenks, Monreal, Theo, Ramsey, Alexis and Giroud are all returning from injury. The MF is was an untested combination. Özil's had two weeks off and should be sharper next week. The players didn't let their heads drop and despite some awful individual errors at times,there was no lack of effort. I applaud our bravery in pushing up into the Utd half in the second half and dropping deep and defending for our lives later.
It was a subdued performance all round and all the media talk of yet another bogey ground got to us.
This is the first time we have been behind away this season and still"phenomenal" Utd didn't beat us. We have been behind less than every other team this season. This was a step in the right direction for us although not the giant leap I'd hoped for.
My day was made by Giroud's majestic leap, his lack of celebration and the malaise that has engulfed Old Trafford and the fawning media. November almost over, three points off Chelsea,a lot of players to come back and a new transfer window opening in six weeks. It's all to play for and we will come again. COYG.
@4R5Emaniac has been saying there's plenty of balanced posts on this forum. I don't see many, but TBF, that's got to be about as balanced as they come.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
@Furious is a reformed man since our altercation. Top posting and you're welcome. I feel like I'm Jesus of AM sometimes. Still a virgin as well, btw.

Back to my sabbatical. See you gays in Jan in AM parties hopefully.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
This should be mandatory viewing for all gooners to remind us of the pure ****ery that used to go on up at OT. Mike Riley is now head of the PGMOL.

So lets take our point, deserved or not & shove it their ****ing arses!

Un.bel.iev.able.

Game should have been replayed and he should never have been allowed to ref another prem game in his life. (or demoted at least)

Last edited:

redanddread

If xhaka is not the answer? Come on man, the guy has been at the club for less than 4 months with numerous international breaks in that time as well. Fans are ridiculously impatient these days, how long would it take you to settle into a new job role? Now multiply that by having 60k people watching you do it, a new country and a new language.
I thought he would be but I've been more than a little surprised that he has been overlooked for several high profile games as have many others. I'm hoping he comes good but I'm still surprised considering we bought him early and he had a pres-season.

Are you not in the least bit curious that he hasn't been given more playing time?

redanddread

nice Mrs. B!

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I thought he would be but I've been more than a little surprised that he has been overlooked for several high profile games as have many others. I'm hoping he comes good but I'm still surprised considering we bought him early and he had a pres-season.

Are you not in the least bit curious that he hasn't been given more playing time?
My super talent spotting eyes caught Xhaka doing a Xabi Alonso for Basel instead of Shaqiri who I thought wouldn't go far. Then Gladbach signed him and it took him some time to settle in and find a defined role before he started to shine. Maybe needs more time to settle.

Okay bye, finally.

RUS arsenal

Established Member

Ian Fleming wrote: “Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”. This was five. Or even more.

There should've been at least 4 red cards that game, disgusting. Fairness is an illusion when large sums of money is involved.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Why did you have to post this? :mad:

carlito'sway

Established Member

That was such a disgraceful showing from Mike Riley. Embarrassing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mike Riley was a disgrace that day. Passed his mantle on to Mike Dean too. David Elleray is still lurking around somewhere too. What a detestable group. It makes Utd's fall and the downturn in fortune of that loathsome group of players all the more pleasurable. I just wish someone would reference that match whenever Utd moan about being unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom