• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – QPR vs Arsenal – 3:00pm – 31/03/12

Anzac

Established Member
Bossa said:
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/02/qpr-v-arsenal-diagrams-and-chalkboards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting read about our tactics and the game.

TBH IMO it's something that should have been identified from management AND then addressed/rectified BEFORE half time,
let alone before 70 mins when AW made his first sub.

It also highlights a lack of a tactical leader on the pitch,
as well as a lack of awareness and communication.

Glovegun

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
You're absolutely right Glovegun. That post summed up a lot. There's far too much room for complacency at Arsenal.

I feel complacency has cost us this season more than anything else, including injuries and tactics. Wenger isn't the best at motivating his troops. Saying that, United have had some truly terrible results this season and yet still they find themselves top of the league. You can say what you like about Fergie but to keep his team producing year after year like he does really is something to be admired. I hate the man but you can't help but respect his achievements.

I actually feel we're on the right path, but there's still a lot of work to be done

I agree. The best teams we've had have been when we've had a link between the modern (Wenger) and the old (Graham). People used to talk about our blend of silk and steel. Wenger could teach them how to play football and TA and Keown would gee them up in the dressing room.

We've lost that somewhat, whereas United have an entire dressing room of experienced guys who just don't put up with any s**t - Ferdinand, Giggs, Vidic, Scholes, Fletcher, Rooney. Make no mistake, if Welbeck or De Gea or Jones or any of the other kids does something stupid, they will be left in no doubt that they won't do it again. And in ten years time when Jones is wearing the armband he'll be doing the same thing to the new generation up there. I don't really see that in our team. I can see a move in the right direction with Jack, Robin, Vermaelen and Szczesny, but we need more.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom