• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Stoke vs Arsenal – 3:00pm – 28/04/12 - Arsenal Player

VancouverCanuck

I don't mind today's draw at all because:

1. We are still in the driver seat for 3rd place.
2. I thought we responded well after going behind on an early goal.

A little disappointed with the dull 2nd half with no chances generated. Totally agreed with Wenger's defensive substitutions as the most important thing is not to lose this.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The result has been saved due to Newcastle's loss, its just that simple. No perspective, no big team never wins there or any nonsense that we try to condone ourselves with.

This result will be further protected with more results around us having to go our way. In short we can still be caught after yesterday.

The quality of our midfield and its ability to be fluid, create space for itself and move the ball quickly is just not there with Arteta. Song looks extremely exposed without him by his side. Ramsey, although deserves credit for effort, is simply not good enough. Rosicky is enterprising but without the extra space is running himself into corners, as he did yesterday.

We need the maximum against Norwich and away to WBA as well. Do this and we secure third spot on our own steam, at the very least we need 4 points.

iced22

A point at the Britannia is almost the expected result these days.

The bad result was Wigan. No reason we should have dropped points there, and if we lose out on third, that should be the game we kick ourselves for.

evoh_1

Established Member
if we don't get third its not just the wigan game its the fulham, swansea, blackburn and qpr away matches that we got nothing out of that have stung us and our away form has been terrible this season. In that respect a point at stoke was a good result but we have dropped far too many points to small clubs on their grounds to compete for the title by winning games against city, chelsea and tottenham.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Can I get a mini report here ..... what the hell happened?

I missed the game as I was in Weymouth on a tragic day/night out lol.

This crap is not good enough, it's Stoke not Man U for gods sake what the hell!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Missed the game too due to personal duties.......however, I can live with the result, a draw at this ****hole is a decent result, given our history there.

Suffice to say that six points are needed from our last two games, no messing around there. A win against Norwich but a defeat away at WBA won't be enough, e.g.

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Yeah I've seen the highlights and read the comments here sounds like to me another case of not having enough capable goal scorers in the team, Gerv seems to have bottled his chances again, Podolski is going to be a massive boost but to be honest I'd like to see one more goal scorer added as well.

How was Ramsey this time round any better? I heard the Stoke fans gave him a thrashing?

Don't know why Wenger brings on Chamakh he offers fk all, Bendtner is better by far.

musicmonkey

Established Member
DiamondGooner said:
Yeah I've seen the highlights and read the comments here sounds like to me another case of not having enough capable goal scorers in the team, Gerv seems to have bottled his chances again, Podolski is going to be a massive boost but to be honest I'd like to see one more goal scorer added as well.

How was Ramsey this time round any better? I heard the Stoke fans gave him a thrashing?

Don't know why Wenger brings on Chamakh he offers fk all, Bendtner is better by far.
Two decent efforts on goal, didn't concede possession much at all (half as much as Diaby who was on for a far lesser amount of time), made the most passes on the pitch despite being subbed off, one key pass (2nd on pitch to Rosicky) and some good tackling in there too.

The Stoke fans booed him whenever he got the ball.

Another nice stat is that Rory Delap didn't attempt a single pass supposedly :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
AnthonyG said:
See, it's not a question of negativity, it's a matter of posting negative '****' for the sake of it. E.g. it was clearly a game in which we showed the ability to win. Yeah, we didn't, but so strongly labelling it a failure and a **** result without positives? I have no time for that kind of short-sighted rubbish.

'For the sake of it'? Sake of what, exactly? What do you think I get out this? I don't take any pleasure in dispersing the pink fluffy clouds that some of your heads seem stuck amongst. It breaks my heart tbh :cry: . At this stage of the season it's not about 'drawing positives' (that old chestnut!), it's about results.

And 'short-sighted rubbish' you say? That's a strange one... Well, 'short-sighted' will do in this case, as we only have two games left, if you hadn't seen the league table!

Yeah, it's not like Chelsea will beat QPR, or Sp**s will beat Blackburn, is it? Oh, hang on!

shariqdhanani

you know we should not look back and see where we dropped points but rather just look ahead. The reason we wont finish in third place will not be because of losing points against wigan or qpr but rather because we managed to **** up our last two matches. It is as simple as that.

Am i worried? Yes. Because without arteta, our midfield looks so disoriented and without walcott, even our supply looks dry. Gervinho does not look like an arsenal player at the moment and is incredibly frustrating to watch.

A draw against stoke looks good now because newcastle had lost but we are on a thin line here, we are riding our luck with teams around us dropping points. We need to win our next match and see where it takes us.

trunks206

Established Member
Its absolutely mind boggling that the fans of a club would boo a player who had HIS leg broke by one of their players.

Shocking club.

Tranquil

trunks206 said:
Its absolutely mind boggling that the fans of a club would boo a player who had HIS leg broke by one of their players.

Shocking club.

Not condoning their booing but look at it from their point of view -

Ramseys leg break was a complete accident. Shawcross was upset that it happened and said he was sorry. Ramsey didnt accept that apology. Now thats up to him, but I think it would have been better for everyone if he did.
Now, our fans boo Shawcross 2 years later in an incident that should have been let go by now. Both sets of fans are in the wrong in my opinion. You cant boo their player and not expect some sort of reaction.

But yeah, Stoke fans have always lacked class.

trunks206

Established Member
I see what your saying and congrats on the promotion, but if the roles were switched I believe the Arsenal fans would have the class not to boo the player who got their leg broke by one of our players and accept that our capitan would just get booed and not boo back in retaliation.

Glovegun

Established Member
It's a pretty natural dislike from both sets of fans. Both clubs are pretty much polar opposites.

On the one hand you've got a big, successful capital city team renowned for it's aesthetic but not always succesful passing game, with an almost entirely foreign squad for the last five years, from a very cosmopolitan area of London, with a flash new stadium and fans I have heard described as 'pompous mutes'.

On the other you've got a very working-class club from a very white town, with a manager who wears a tracksuit for no apparent reason, don't have anyone under six foot twelve and regard themselves as the last bastions of masculine football. Our game is based on skill and technique, theirs is based on muscle and commitment.

They think we're flash metrosexual cockneys who all eat tapas for lunch and eat grapes to the sound of Spanish guitars, we think they're all BNP-voting ****** with beer guts who've never had a job in their life and think football is meant to be played in the air. That's what I think of them anyway.

I hate Stoke but I can see why they hate us. Natural enemies really.

The Escaped Ape

Glovegun said:
It's a pretty natural dislike from both sets of fans. Both clubs are pretty much polar opposites.

On the one hand you've got a big, successful capital city team renowned for it's aesthetic but not always succesful passing game, with an almost entirely foreign squad for the last five years, from a very cosmopolitan area of London, with a flash new stadium and fans I have heard described as 'pompous mutes'.

On the other you've got a very working-class club from a very white town, with a manager who wears a tracksuit for no apparent reason, don't have anyone under six foot twelve and regard themselves as the last bastions of masculine football. Our game is based on skill and technique, theirs is based on muscle and commitment.

They think we're flash metrosexual cockneys who all eat tapas for lunch and eat grapes to the sound of Spanish guitars, we think they're all BNP-voting ****** with beer guts who've never had a job in their life and think football is meant to be played in the air. That's what I think of them anyway.

I hate Stoke but I can see why they hate us. Natural enemies really.

Thank you for explaining so eloquently what I had myself resolved to, but found myself bereft of the appropriate idiom, blinded by the bile of my deep antipathy towards the troglodytes of the River Trent's sorriest settlement.

Now, pass the baba ghanoush would you? This khubz from the darling little Lebanese bakery around the corner is crying out for a bit more va-va-voom.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom