• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: WBA vs Arsenal - SAT 21st NOV - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Guess whats again lol?

Dont misunderstand me now. We are an absolutley terrific team, can beat anyone on the globe on our day. BUT, our inept depth has been apparant for a long time now, and the chink in our armor are there to be exposed not by other teams but a hard game of football. Our achiles heal is and has been injury for years, in keys areas e.g coquelin, an overplayed sanchez, or maybe the phamtom striker we beem missing.
Our problem is last few years is that we can't keep the good performance so many up and downs.

skip spence

Terrible game. Now the loss in it self may not be that important and frankly, we were ridiculously unlucky. Don't think Arteta was as poor as many make him out to be yesterday, but yeah, injured again and there's little he will bring to this team as it is. But if this match meant we lose Coq we're in deep ****, that would be worse than the 3 points lost. Ramsey is also sorely sorely missed. To get him back would make all the difference. You can tell how little Wenger rates J Campbell when he'd rather play Gibbs at LW than Joel at RW. And I agree. Complete dross, wouldn't start for the like of West Brom either, one of the worst players I've seen in an Arsenal shirt. Ox is much better but it's Ramsey we need, his engine, his productivity, his bravery, imo he is as important as Coq, probably even more so.

And please, get better Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere! We really are cursed with these injuries, it's insane

skip spence

So, uh,

I really was serious in that I didn't watch or listen to the match yesterday. I heard the result at half time, then heard we missed a penalty in full time. (Both times the match wasn't even being played)

Anyhoo, my point is, How did we play?

I was confident we'd do well in this game. Did Sanchez play the full 90 minutes? Did we miss a few sitters? What went wrong? How did West Brom manage to score two against us?
Team kept the ball well, but created few chances in the first half. When Oli scored off an Özil FK it should have been money in the back since W Brom didn't threaten much but they equalized on a IFK (that wasn a FK) and went one up on an unfortunate OW from Arteta.

The team improved in the second half and created more but not that much. Özil hit the post among other half-chances, J Campbell missed an incredible chance that just needed a decent connection, and he had all the time in the world to time it. Then we get a pen and Cazorla slipped and fluffed it. We played rather poorly, lacked that cutting edge, especially Bellerin, Mertesacker, Gibbs and Campbell, but should have won it, West Brom were very lucky to get the win, they did almost nothing offensively and getting two goal for them was extremely fortunate. Sanchez and Özil were our best players and yes, Sanchez played 90 min because Sanchez is made of some pretty stern stuff indeed.

Last edited:

GOONER1991

Established Member
Awful day at the office for us. Horrendous really. Mertesacker and Koscielny did not win one challenge I believe. Bellerin and Monreal looked uncharacteristically lacklustre, and going forward we lacked a true cutting edge.

Pick ourselves up and move on.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Team kept the ball well, but created few chances in the first half. When Oli scored off an Özil FK it should have been money in the back since W Brom didn't threaten much but they equalized on a IFK (that wasn a FK) and went one up on an unfortunate OW from Arteta.

The team improved in the second half and created more but not that much. Özil hit the post among other half-chances, J Campbell missed an incredible chance that just needed a decent connection, and he had all the time in the world to time it. Then we get a pen and Cazorla slipped and fluffed it. We played rather poorly, lacked that cutting edge, especially Bellerin, Mertesacker, Gibbs and Campbell, but should have won it, West Brom were very lucky to get the win, they did almost nothing offensively and getting two goal for them was extremely fortunate. Sanchez and Özil were our best players and yes, Sanchez played 90 min because Sanchez is made of some pretty stern stuff indeed.

Thanks. Saves me from reading a potentially tough match day thread, lol.

nicky47

Established Member
Couldn't have had a worse weekend to be honest, a couple games and it's all gone downhill... We absolutely need to win both our games next week to get the ball rolling again.

How disappointing though, this result and the Coquelin injury makes me feel we have no hope at winning the League now. It was a tall ask regardless!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People keep saying "We're only 2 points behind the top team and there's even less dividing us from City and United." – and whilst that's true, the reality is, we're only in this position because Man City have dropped points.

Something no-one is considering is that City's dropped points came against Man United and Liverpool – two teams who you'd expect them to be challenged playing.

So our situation isn't as cut and dry as 'only being 2 points behind Leicester and even less between United and City'. We had two chances to capitalise on Man City losing points and we didn't take either of them – Man United did. Furthermore, whilst City dropped points against two 'big' teams, we dropped points against teams we should have beaten; and teams Man City will beat.

Right now, it seems inconsequential when looking at the table – we are only two points behind even though we've been inconsistent – but at the end of the season, we'll look at results like today and realise we lost far more than 2-3 points; because if we cannot beat 'easier' teams and take advantage of our rivals when they're at their most vulnerable, we sure as **** aren't going to be at the top of the table when they get their act together and we have to play teams who are supposed challenge us.
Did you read my whole post?

TheSage

We are challenging for the title, win every game and we win so it's very much in our own hands, no point worrying about the rest until that equation changes ....

Le Professeur

Established Member
CUYORaJWoAEgzKi.jpg

Yeah, unlucky.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I just watched the replays of goals again.

After they equalised and the calamity of Arteta falling on his arse while not covering, I was surprised to see Giroud tear into Arteta. Mesut and Koscielny were also furious at Arteta there.

Although a small detail, I didn't like that one bit. I was furious with Arteta too, but for players to show your fury toward your club captain like that is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom