• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: West Ham vs. Arsenal - Saturday April 9, 2016 - 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i only blame the manager when his tactics and game plan gone wrong yesterday his game plan was going perfect until his players forget to defend. i mean come on i'm talking about yesterday game not his 20 years in charge.

ArsenalCRO

Another game, another heartbreaking bottle job. Incredible, but why the f*** am I surprised anymore...just fooling myself thinking that anything will change.

It was both the manager and the players fault for yesterday shambles. First of, why aren't we adapting a bit to the opposition?! They have huge lump upfront and we don't play and of Mertesacker or Cech?! Why? Why is Ospina playing when we know he's stuck on his line 24/7 and won't contest the crosses? Baffling, just absolutely baffling.

But saying that, we had 2:0 up with few minutes to go until half time whistle. But, as every year. our players decided to forget everything about football for few minutes then, and they scored. Defending for the first goal especially was amateurish. Iwobi giving the easiest ball away, then no one stopping the cross whatsoever and topped up by Koscielny and Gabriel giving Carroll about 3-4 yards of space to run onto that cross and bury it into the bottom corner. If you can't challenge him due to size or strength, then at least stay close to him and deny him time and space to run and attack the ball FFS.

That game is Arsenal over the last few years in a nutshell. Give the fans some hope before absolutely bottling up.

At least we had some good attacking play though, so not all was laughable, We created so many chances overall, shame that our dogshit defending cost us this time.

Maxi_Gooner

This is the case to say: same old Arsenal.

Our 2016 is shocking. This squad haven't a spine of great players, haven't an identity, haven't a leader, haven't the winning mentality to keep the result in the hands and don't be humiliated by a **** squad like West Ham.

Because yes, West Ham is a **** squad. It's thanks to our evident limits if the result today is 3-3 and not 0-3. We're stupid and ****ing idiots, they aren't better.

Could be interesting to ask many questions to our manager. Unfortunately we have a bunch of idiots who love the mind games and the gossip about new players and aren't interested to ask and talk about our serious problem.

Why we have a squad with not many tall players, especially on defense? Apart Chambers we haven't a defender with physique power (the former Soton defender has the power but not the experience). Joao Miranda was free last June and in January was simple to buy him paying not many money to Atletico Madrid.

Has been a good choice to buy a player without experience and without the right attitude to learn a new language (Gabriel), not having tremendous alternatives? wasn't better a player with experience and the qualities to be the leader of this defense?

Why Cech was out today if you bought him to add experience and add a leader for our defenders? Can a manager trusts in 'cabala' if you choose Ospina over Cech only because we haven't conceded a single goal during last two games with the colombian on the pitch?

I'm very tired.

I admire Arsène, I'm reading John Cross' book and I'm appreciating, better than I appreciate at the moment (I think to love Wenger much than he loves himself LOL) , his job with this club. I will support until the end of his love story with Arsenal... but isn't serious to put the head in the sand and ignore this season, a complete failure.

We aren't capable to keep the result after 2-1 and keep the calm, two important qualities for a squad with ambition.

We haven't a ****ing leader on the pitch. The players are scared when they play under pressure.

In the past we had great personalities like Adams, Keown, Winterburn, Vieira, Petit, Parlour, Bergkamp, Wright, Campbell, Cole, Lauren, Gilberto, Freddie, Pirès, Henry... now we haven't a leader into the dressing room.

Our captain is Mikel Arteta, the second choice is a very good guy (Mertesacker), probably he is loved from all the players, but he doesn't have the right qualities. Flamini has played with many great champions but hasn't learnt nothing.

The only one capable to be a leader, was on the bench at Upton Park because our manager supports bizarre theories like horoscope and the position of the stars. Only a crazy man can choose Ospina over Cech for a game with many aerial duels and with the importance of a leader for our (not great) defense.

After the recent results, after the recent shocking press conferences, I don't know with how spirit I will watch the next games. It's frustrating to watch the Arsenal.

We haven't hopes for the next season.

Leicester (if he will win the title or not) can be satisfied and will play the Champions League next season. Tottenham (if he will win the title or not) can be satisfied and can be optimist for the future with their fantastic young players and a very good manager with the intention to build a better squad next year. Manchester City (they could be into the best four teams in Europe if they will beat PSG) and United will have the best two managers in the World. Liverpool will have Klopp since the start of the pre-season.

Only Arsenal can't be satisfied for this season, having no particular expectations for the future.

Failure season.

General

Established Member
Never was sold on Coquelin and his limitations are beginning to rear their head, again I might add. We were better when he went off.
The midfield was never a problem here despite West Ham's 3-5-2 formation in at attempt to out number us. The mini injury break following Carroll's bad tackle Koscielny allowed Wenger to issue instructions and we started picking them apart once the game settled. Bilic was forced to change it, went route 1 and we never truly adjusted. We took off Coq and Elneny yet coped in midfield relatively easily. Defensively we looked ruffled and this is where the game was decided.

natural

Established Member
What is sad is that the same thing happens every year, we lose the premier league in the same scenario, I don't understand how Wenger is still keeping his job despite all of his repetitive failures, we the fans suffer while the board are seemingly happy about it, f**k them.

General

Established Member
This would've been a useful point had we not put ourselves in a position where there was little margin for error. 3games spring to mind - the losses at home to Swansea, Chelsea and the shambles at Southampton.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You'll notice that I said Wenger can take some of the blame but at what point do we start looking at the players.

Wenger will get all the slack for the next few weeks but world cup winners, premier league winners and a defensive coach will all escape any blame
Well it's like this, and it's quite simple for me: If Wenger takes the credit for winning games, with all the good play, the luck, goals scored (lucky or not) that it takes to win matches--the results--then he can take the blame when the misfortune, for him, intervenes. The poor defending, the bad luck with officials etc. The results as a whole--good and bad--and all it's parts, are down to him. It's black or white, and that's the only way you can look at it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
i only blame the manager when his tactics and game plan gone wrong yesterday his game plan was going perfect until his players forget to defend. i mean come on i'm talking about yesterday game not his 20 years in charge.
unfortunately you see the same failings with his teams throughout the years - different players, same failings. What we saw yesterday is what we've seen countless times in the past decade - where do I begin??

Birmingham (2008), Wigan (2010), Newcastle(2011), Tottenham(2012), , Anderlecht(2014), West Ham(2016) - all famous collapses from seemingly winning positions

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I don't know if its been said but we gave Andy Carroll his second hat-trick ever in professional football. Let that sink in.
We do crazy generous things like that all the time - Olympiacos 1st ever win on English soil, Dinamo Zagreb 1st win in the CL proper in 15 years, Newcastle 4-4, 1st time a team has ever come back from 4 goal deficit.

All 1sts of cringeworthy nature - that's where modern day Farsenal are heading.

BobP

Memri Fan
unfortunately you see the same failings with his teams throughout the years - different players, same failings. What we saw yesterday is what we've seen countless times in the past decade - where do I begin??

Birmingham (2008), Wigan (2010), Newcastle(2011), Tottenham(2012), , Anderlecht(2014), West Ham(2016) - all famous collapses from seemingly winning positions

Only one constant, the manager.

BobP

Memri Fan
I agree with DT;

It's funny, it reminds me of a political dictatorship, where the individual ruler speaks of the anarchy that would reign if they were to be dismissed from their position.

It's essentially how Wenger operates, look at other clubs and how ready they are to dispose of their manager, look at the anarchy which reigns there, you don't want that to happen here do you?

Reactions: BBF

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
At this point, grabbing a sh!t result from the jaws of an important victory is just as ingrained in our DNA as beautiful football once was. What are we left with?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's funny, it reminds me of political dictatorships, where the individual ruler speaks of the anarchy that would reign if they were to be dismissed from their position
It's that, but the sad part is it's the ruled that are the ones peddling the fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom