• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton v Arsenal [Sat 15 August; 17:30 UK Time;ESPN]

General

Established Member
Not a lot of positive news around these days so we might as well get on with it. New season, tough start and a game that will probably play a major part in setting the tone for the rest of our season. What a pisstake though that we have a round of international games before the start of a new season. :roll:

alboots101

Established Member
well i`m going to be flying to Spain for a week..so i`ll miss the dooma nd gloom on this one...shame...

qs

Established Member
Must sort out ESPN during the week. At least its cheaper than Setanta.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I have a ticket to this.....in with the Everton fans. As you say, a stupid International fixture is before this game so injuries are more likely to happen. If we have no injurie though, i would go for this team:

___________Almunia____________
Sagna__Gallas_Vermaelen_Clichy
______Cesc___Song__Denilson___
Arshavin____Eduardo_____Walcott

Proof

Established Member
Finally, we kick off in a new campaign. I'm sorted for this year with the Arsenal's PL matches because all of them will be on TV. Come on you Gunners!

My team:

----------------- Almunia ----------------
--- Sagna ------ Gallas --- Djourou ---- Clichy ---
--- Walcott ----- Song ---- Fabregas ----- Arshavin ----
----------------- Eduardo --------- Van Persie ----------

No more players out of position.

asajoseph

Established Member
Barring further injuries, I'd like to see:

Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy
Ramsey - Song - Cesc
Van Persie - Eduardo - Arshavin

Bench:

Fabianski
Djourou
Gibbs
Denilson
Walcott
Bendtner
Diaby

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Hope its a 4-4-2, our 4-3-3 always fails and ended up becoming a 4-5-1 which really sucked.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy
Denilson - Song
- Cesc
Bendtner - RVP - Arshavin

That is what Arsène will play.

JazzG

Established Member
Anyone remember us lot ****ting them 4-1 on the opening day a few years ago? Well I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen this time! Be happy with a draw here but this match could have big consequences for our season. If we go out and put in a performance it will send out a message and give our players some much needed belief, however if we get over run and just about hang on for a draw or lose then it will only further

I can't believe I'm typing this and I almost feel ashamed doing so, back in January Wenger went out and bought Arshavin because our season was falling apart, the fans had lost patience and we were in serious danger of losing out on 4th place. Maybe some bad results at the start of the season might get this stupid club off their ****ing arse and actually invest in areas where we are so desperately short? It is so blatant to anyone who has half a brain cell what Wenger has been trying has failed miserably and he is in danger of undoing all the good work he has done at this club, seems blatant to everyone except him.

qs

Established Member
Any team news for them? Anyone out, will Lescott play? I think we'll win but we'll concede too.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
qs said:
Any team news for them? Anyone out, will Lescott play? I think we'll win but we'll concede too.

Lescott isn't going anywhere apparently. Moyes has refused to sell even after asking to leave

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
proof_afc said:
Arteta, Fellaini, Jagielka, Anichebe are out. Also, Yakubu and Jo are doubtful.
Precisely. Fellaini might be back for this game but all the same, they're ridden with injuries. We'll likely win this by a couple of goals. I'm gonna say 3-0 to Arsenal with Eduardo on the scoresheet.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So going from your injury news....the Everton team should look something like this:

_________Howard__________
?__Lescott__Yobo_Baines(?)
Osman__Neville_Cahill_Pienaar
______Yakubu___Jo____________

If Yakubu and Jo are out, then they look very depleted.

asajoseph

Established Member
Is Fellaini definitely out?

I know he had problems, but it's good news if he is.

Jagielka is a big loss for them too.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yakubu is definitely out. He's still suffering from a achilles tendinopathy and won't be back until mid-september at the earliest.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just got this of 'PhysioRoom.com'...not sure if it is reliable but here is their injury list:

Everton 6
A Yakubu Achilles Tendinopathy 13th Sep 09
Jô Ankle/Foot Injury 15th Aug 09
V Anichebe Knee Injury 30th Aug 09
M Fellaini Virus 15th Aug 09
P Jagielka ACL Knee Injury Nov 09
M Arteta ACL Knee Injury 29th Aug 09

Latest posts

Top Bottom