• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Blackburn Rovers | 16/04/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 312
  • Views 11,563
A

Anonymous

FA CUP SEMIFINAL

Arsenal Vs Blackburn Rovers
Date: Saturday 16th April 05
Time: 12.15 PM UK TIME
Venue: Millenium Stadium

Will the game be on both BBC and SKY SPORTS or just the one channel?

A

Anonymous

Is it.......................COME ON U GUNNERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Never an eazy game what so ever!

No doubt this will be a challenge. Blackburn will want this. But after losing out on the League and Europe we will want some compensation. And what better way to do it than beat man utd in the FA cup final!?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Blackburn have been quite resurgent lately, and Hughes has thrown down the gauntlet... they are more difficult to break down these days... should be quite an interesting match. i'm not so sure of Sol starting though... he hasnt played in the first team in more than a month. his "timing" with the others may be a little off... and we cant afford that right now... but do we trust Senderos & Toure to hold?

ahh, so many questions....

eddie_wills

final is on both, I think

we should beat Blackburn pretty comfortably to be honest - I think that if we score, we win. They have a distinct lack of goal threat

Mark

Established Member
They are quite a poor attacking team, but they're solid. I'd go with this lineup:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Senderos Cole

Freddie Vieira Gilberto Pires

RvP Henry

I wouldn't rush Sol yet. Toure and Senderos are doing well together. Hopefully Freddie will be back as he will be useful in a tight match like this. I don't want Pires to play, but there isn't anyone else, unless Reyes gets back from injury. I'd play RvP upfront anyway simply because he might psychologically feel good and confident playing against them having scored a great winner against them in the league.

We usually win our semis 1-0, so I'm going for that again. Henry to get the goal.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I like the squad you've chosen Mark, its the one I'd go with. I think Van Persie can offer a little bit more up forward against Blackburn than Bergkamp, as his control and ability to get past defenders will be needed as Blackburn will be "flooding" back.

Every other position in the team is pretty straight forward. I certainly hope though that Wenger doesnt decide to throw Almunia in instead of Lehmann. He shouldn't, but you never know with Wenger.

Kum_Arsenal

Freddie and Sol.C will be there for the semis.

The taem line-up will be

------------------------------------------
Henry Berkamp

Pires Gilberto P.Viera Freddie

A.Cole S.Camp. Toure Lauren

J.Lehmann

-------------------------------------------

This team line-up will make sure that Arsenal reaches F.A. Cup Final.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Blackburn

cn174

Well obviously we are the underdogs for this game but stranger things have happened.

Since we played you we've had two tough games. We got that 0-0 with the **** at Old Trafford. We rode our luck at times, they hit the post a couple of times and Friedel had an ace game, but we also had chances and we could have nicked it in the second half. But the **** fans weren't half upset that they couldn't beat us!!

Then we beat Southampton in probably the more important game. Again we looked solid at the back at me scored 3 goals, which is quite something for Rovers at the moment.

As for Saturday I think we'll approach the game in pretty much the same way. Just be as defensively as possible and just try to nick a goal if the opportunity comes along. Our formation will probably be:

Code:
                                      Friedel

Neill              Nelsen                Todd            Matteo

Mokoena

Thommo         Flitcroft              Reid              Pedersen

Dickov

Shomo

i think we shouldnn't underrate blackburn at this moment, we need to focus and concentrate on both defence and attacking,i think Campbell should be played alongside with Senderos

Arsenal 2-0 Blackburn(henry,pires)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Kum_Arsenal said:
Freddie and Sol.C will be there for the semis.

The taem line-up will be

------------------------------------------
Henry Berkamp

Pires Gilberto P.Viera Freddie

A.Cole S.Camp. Toure Lauren

J.Lehmann

-------------------------------------------

I wonder if Wenger might be tempted by Swiss Tony instead of Kolo- maybe even switching Kolo out to right back. Other than that, and I'd prefer to see Reyes start up front (he loved the Millennium stadium in August), I agree with you.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Would be good for us to finish this game early like 3-0 after 70 mins :p so we can preserve energy for the Chelski game on Wednesday

thierrys_girl

Established Member
tarekgaber said:
Never an eazy game what so ever!
I dont think it will be that easy, espically because it is a FA Cup game and anything is possible.

I like Mark's line-up ^. Lehmann to take over from Almunia and i think Wenger will keep Campbell out for one more match to make sure he is fully recovered espically with the Chelsea game in mid-week.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
cn174 said:
Well obviously we are the underdogs for this game but stranger things have happened.

Since we played you we've had two tough games. We got that 0-0 with the **** at Old Trafford. We rode our luck at times, they hit the post a couple of times and Friedel had an ace game, but we also had chances and we could have nicked it in the second half. But the **** fans weren't half upset that they couldn't beat us!!

Then we beat Southampton in probably the more important game. Again we looked solid at the back at me scored 3 goals, which is quite something for Rovers at the moment.

As for Saturday I think we'll approach the game in pretty much the same way. Just be as defensively as possible and just try to nick a goal if the opportunity comes along. Our formation will probably be:

Code:
                                      Friedel

Neill              Nelsen                Todd            Matteo

Mokoena

Thommo         Flitcroft              Reid              Pedersen

Dickov

Im just wondering, seeing that you're a Blackburn fan, as to why Mark Hughes doesn't use Brett Emerton much anymore. And do you think Thompson or Emerton should be on the right side of midfield?

cn174

CAPTKAYOS said:
I'll answer that for you Gunner4Eva- basically its because he is crap - one of the most over rated players ever - sooner we get rid the better.

Personally I wouldn't have either of them -Thompson no longer good enough for the Premier - think the knee injury has taken it out of him.

See you in Cardiff

Took the words right out of my mouth Capt!! although given the choice I'd take Emerton over Thommo any day.

Arnie

My best mate is a blackburn fan and is going to cardiff, however i am missing the game altogether because it clashes with the urban music festival :cry: (the second time this week my love for music and football have clashed!! How could they put nas on at the same time as the real madrid game!!) i AM CONFIDENT WE WILL AND I WILL GAIN A TIDY PROFIT!

kanuuu

Established Member
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Senderos Cole

Freddie Vieira Gilberto Pires

Reyes Henry

Wenger is to make a late decision on Campbell, i'd rather just keep with Senderos and Toure then risk Sol if he isn't fully fit.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom