• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 03/04/04

A

Anonymous

i think wenger blow this game. it was the biggest statement game in Arsenal's history and ****ed it up.

henry and reyes should have started.

the chelsea game IMO is not that important as the semi final.

the semi was in the taking.

if chelsea beats arsenal i would have been upset as i like ranieri. looking to united i cannot stomach

jeremiesgirl

Interesting enough the Sunday People apparently produced ratings for the Arsenal players which ranged between 4 and 7. Reyes was the only one who really came out of it well with a 7 while Ali and Pires only got 4. There hasnt been much criticism of Pires on the board, does everyone think 4 was a bit harsh for Bobby? I think 4 was too harsh for Ali too, what on earth did people expect. But basically the low points even if its only 1 persons opinion writing the paper, just show that the WHOLE team let us down. They all had a bad day so no point keep blaming people, too late to change anything :evil:

JGooner

4 out of 10 sounds right for Pires and Aliadiere. Aliadiere has a valid excuse - he is young, unproven, and was thrown in at the deep end after being out of action for three months. Pires does not. He is too talented, too experienced and too established to play like he did yesterday. I was personally offended as an Arsenal fan by his display. We really need to wake up NOW. If we do, the title is ours, which is what really matters. If we don't....remember last season?

kanooo

Millwall's in the final now. Millwall for the FA Cup, anyone? You'll never know, you know! Stranger things have happened in football. :wink:

I mean, we are talking about a 1st division club in the final. And they are already guaranteed a UEFA Cup place ..... and got nothing to lose (all to win for). Wishful thinking, of course.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
4 out of 10 sounds right for Pires and Aliadiere. Aliadiere has a valid excuse - he is young, unproven, and was thrown in at the deep end after being out of action for three months. Pires does not. He is too talented, too experienced and too established to play like he did yesterday. I was personally offended as an Arsenal fan by his display. We really need to wake up NOW. If we do, the title is ours, which is what really matters. If we don't....remember last season?

hmm you sure have changed your attidude quickly over one defeat.

One bad game by Pires and your on his back again.

Why do our fans always over-react to one bloody defeat. We have won 9 and drawn 1 in our last 10 PL games and suddenly people are talking about us throwing it away. First FA cup defeat in almost 3 years as well. FFS :roll:

Adam

Established Member
As we are used to high standards, when something goes wrong - it gets an over-reaction.

It's like having a very good relationship with a girlfriend - when the first argument does arrive, it gets thrown way out of proportion as you are not used to it.

reggiepaul

Ooh the Sunday People!! The cornerstone of Footballing knowledge. The be all and end all of justification. Yes - let's listen to the people and not our world class manager who has brought us so many trophies.

I think many people who weren't at the game couldn't see Ali sending Silvestre and O'Shea in and out with his movement. Soon as Silvestre looked away Ali was elsewhere leaving O'shea to pick up the pieces or vice versa. Ali was very good yesterday but of course, inability to see from the Armchair.

Pires I thought had a great game yesterday too. Are we going to say that the people is some cornerstone of validity towards football performance? No, we'll let the ****** around here pray upon it's crap.

The rest of us can see Pires and Ali for the great players they are. Understand, when you say you saw nothing and someone else said they saw "something" it means you're missing something from the game (so concentrate!) and no bitterness and immoral attacks upon something you claim to be "fan"-atical about will change that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom