• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal vs Chelsea, Sun. 2nd August, 3pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
My first thread, yay.

Would absolutely love to win this one. Line up hard to predict really other than this-

Cech
Bellerin Per Kos Monreal

COYG

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

****ING INTO THESE SHOWER OF WANKERS!!!!

Cech; Bellerin, Per, Kos, Monreal; Coq, Rambo; Jack, Özil, Walcott; Giroud

We can make 6 subs in this game can't we? Or has that changed?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I know it's only the Community Shield but this one has that little bit extra riding on it. Really need to beat Chelsea to get that Mourinho hoodoo over.

Banks

Nah I would put Gabriel in place of Mert and let the team pick itself. We need to hit em hard and fast. My team will be :
Cech
Debuchy. Kos. Gabriel. Monreal

Ramsey Coq
Walcott Özil Chamberlain

Giroud

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah it reminds me of when Real-Barca played each other in the Spanish Super cup, a little be extra incentive to get the win.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lineup

Cech
Debuchy, Merts, Kos, Gibbs
Cazorla, Coquelin
Ramsey, Özil, Ox
Theo

Chelsea's defense is good, but they're slow so I think we need as much speed and movement up top as possible. Giroud plays right into their hands, so I'd opt for Theo.

Ramsey can move centrally, and we still shouldn't be exposed on the right because Debuchy doesn't attack as much as Bellerin.

Jasinho

Ohh ****'s about to get real.

Team I'd like to see would be:
Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Walcott Özil Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Giroud

Reckon it'll end 1-1 going to penalties. Could go either way from there really.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lineup

Cech
Debuchy, Merts, Kos, Gibbs
Cazorla, Coquelin
Ramsey, Özil, Ox
Theo

Chelsea's defense is good, but they're slow so I think we need as much speed and movement up top as possible. Giroud plays right into their hands, so I'd opt for Theo.

Ramsey can move centrally, and we still shouldn't be exposed on the right because Debuchy doesn't attack as much as Bellerin.

With you on this, although I'd probably start Bellerin rather than Debuchy - we'll need the width and verve he would generally provide going forward, especially if Ramsey tucks in.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
According to American_Gooner -

"A few weeks ago Dean said Wenger is going to give the players who didn't start the FA Cup final a game in the CS and that team was apparently decided on a while ago: Cech Debuchy Koscielny Gabriel Gibbs, Ramsey Coquelin, Wilshere Özil Chamberlain, Giroud"

gstew

I would like to see:

- Cech
-Debuchy - Chambers - Koscielny - Monreal
- Ramsey - Coquelin
- Oxlade - Özil - Wilshere
- Giroud

Subs to use: Cazorla 65' (Özil), Theo 65' (Ramsey), Bellerin 70' (Debuchy), Alexis 80' (Giroud)

Are people going to start spelling Ox's name with an "i" in homage to Jeff?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The CS doesn't mean much itself, but it's another game at Wembley, it's another prize to add and ffs, it's a match against Chelsea. What else is there to say?

Hoping to see:

Cech
Bellerin - Per - Kos - Monreal
Coq - Santi
Wilshere - Özil - Ox
Theo

Let's hope for an absolute smashing. Not only in goals, but also in

article-0-00DA7B8F00000578-603_964x681.jpg

RandyMarsh

Established Member
According to American_Gooner -

"A few weeks ago Dean said Wenger is going to give the players who didn't start the FA Cup final a game in the CS and that team was apparently decided on a while ago: Cech Debuchy Koscielny Gabriel Gibbs, Ramsey Coquelin, Wilshere Özil Chamberlain, Giroud"
I hope that's not true. There's no pace in that team bar Ox. Can't see us doing any damage with that team against Chelsea.

I'd probably play Gabriel just for the fact he's a crazy bastard and won't take any **** from Costa. He'd put in a few nasty ones against him I reckon.

I'd like to see this team anyway:

Martinez
Bellerin Kos Gabriel Monreal
Coq Ramsey
Ox Özil Theo
Giroud

Putting my faith in Olivier for this one. Hopefully he can actually step up against Chelsea for once. He's looked a level behind everyone in pre-season so far. It's a close call between him and Theo for ST.

Theo, for me, is a definite starter for this. In rich, goal scoring form and loves scoring against Chelsea. I'd put money on him being the game changer for us next week.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Can we finally ****ing score against this lot, please?

Seen little snippets of Chelsea in their Pre-season. They've looked half asleep. Think we'll smash em.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I hope that's not true. There's no pace in that team bar Ox. Can't see us doing any damage with that team against Chelsea.

I'd probably play Gabriel just for the fact he's a crazy bastard and won't take any **** from Costa. He'd put in a few nasty ones against him I reckon.

I'd like to see this team anyway:

Martinez
Bellerin Kos Gabriel Monreal
Coq Ramsey
Ox Özil Theo
Giroud

Putting my faith in Olivier for this one. Hopefully he can actually step up against Chelsea for once. He's looked a level behind everyone in pre-season so far. It's a close call between him and Theo for ST.

Theo, for me, is a definite starter for this. In rich, goal scoring form and loves scoring against Chelsea. I'd put money on him being the game changer for us next week.

No Cech vs Chelsea?

eddie1.gif

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
haha i just think it's a bit too soon for the guy. He only left them a month ago..Just don't want to hear him getting any abuse. He's a gooner now after all. Martinez also looked very solid the other day.

He knows he's going to get some abuse. If they're a bit classy (probably not but still..) they're going to go easy on their legend. Anyway, Cech is a winner. I want him to keep Costa and Cesc from scoring, and lift that prize with us.

Martinez is solid, but now is Cech's time. He'll probably also wants to prove to Chelsea that they've made the wrong choice. He'll be fired up.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
We'll win. The media ****storm after it will be amazing. Mourinho will say "They only won because of Petr,"

And Wenger will smile and it'll give us great belief going into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom