• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal vs Chelsea, Sun. 2nd August, 3pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Yeah that game will be very, very tough. Gonna have to use every dirty away game trick in the book and hope for something special from the likes of Alexis or Theo to get anything out of it.

Hopefuully, our team will have learnt a few by then! The Chavs are the masters of the dark arts.

A win there would be huge but a draw would be mightily respectable. They are a formidable team but we put a dent in their armour-they don't do losing to "big" teams & Mourinho's proud of that record.

redanddread

they havnt actually won yet in pre-season : O)

regarding their fixture list - its damn near as hard as it could be - It could seriously affect them - if they go on a poor or even just a decent run I think we could seriously hurt their season by taking a win

H Swansea
A Manchester City
A West Brom
H crystal palace
A Everton
H Arsenal

while we are looking to get 13 or 15 points from our first five games they would be lucky to get 10 before they face us
Don't underestimate this Chelsea team. We have to hope Costa's hamstring is hamstrung. Chelsea will win most of those games.

*Swansea are a very good team but seeing them taking anything from Chelsea at the Bridge on opening day is fanciful.

*City are all over the place at the moment

*Poolis will give Jose a tough game

*Pardew knows how to beat Mourinho but can't see it happening at the Bridge

*Chelsea will roll over Everton, who will be ****e this year.

* Arsenal - wouldn't be surprised if yet again it's a battle of 2 undefeated teams in a top of the table clash.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just read through the match thread on the shedend forums.

Good read. Nothing better than the tears of ****.

Pretty funny isn't it ? " Mourinho's tactics were a disgrace " . LOL . Just shows fans are always going to find something to complain about . I get the impression though they are as bored as Abramovich with the tactics he puts out .

This_is_The_Year

wouldn't be surprised if yet again it's a battle of 2 undefeated teams in a top of the table clash.

and that would truly suck, would make the game a lot harder - its a very volatile schedule though - they could go on a tear even without costa or a costa in form.

but I can definitely see a fair chance of them getting killed in those first 5 games before us. and a remy + falcao without any confidence at all.

redanddread

Just read through the match thread on the shedend forums.

Good read. Nothing better than the tears of ****.

Whomever's over there trolling, keep it up! haha

"these arse c**ts chanting boring boring even when the match's over, while they park the bus the whole second half

f**king hell hate this bunch of bitter delusional classless f**ks, can't wait for september 19 when we smash them in a game that actually means something"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let them have their fun. If anything, it shows how much they have fallen over the years. They celebrate every minor victory like they have won the league title and are the best team in the world these days."

I am expecting about 1000 selfies today.
biggrin.gif
"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wenger straight down the tunnel. What a classless c**t. "

"Should have sold Cech to Crystal Palace instead of those f**king ****s."

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/28231-charity-shield-august-1/page-32

Last edited:

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
We struggled to retain possession at times instead we sat deep and opted for the defensive game in the end. That's all good and I don't mind us adapting new tactics but when you play that way you really should be limiting the chances your opposition create, Chelsea had quite a few decent opportunities created through penetrated passes in our area by William and Cesc if Costa would've been on the end of those chances Chelsea win the game.

When we are sitting deep everyone needs to put in a 100% defensive shift, our collective pressing needs to improve and also with players like OX and Theo starting we should be more lethal on the counter attack however one player always slows down these attacks and the opposition get back into shape.

I honestly prefer our passing possession game over this park the bus strategy we've adopted for tough away games this year it only really worked against a City side whom wernt up for the fight and missing a couple of key midfielders.

Then one month after at white hart lane where we played the same defensive approach it was a poor performance consisting of us losing the ball left right and centre which led to Sp**s equalising and unfortunately going on to win the match. Other similar encounters last season include the away games at Liverpool and United even though we lost neither game, which is acceptable, we never looked in control at point really in either match just midfielders giving away possession needlessly and nervously which results in our defence being put under yet more unnecessary pressure.

You look at teams that play this way over the years like Chelsea, Athletic and years back sachis Ac Milan side every player constantly puts in a defensive shift and they press the opposition to death leading to counter attacks for them to create chances also when they intercept the ball, despite not being possession orientated built teams the midfield relieve pressure by retaining a bit possession this also slows the game down but with us we dont manage situations efficiently.

Mertersacker and Bellerin with their hesitant passed, Ramsey at times not putting in the defensive shift required of him coincided with giving the ball away, Cazorla when being pressed by athletic midfielders falling on the floor and losing the ball making little attempt to reclaim it even Sanchez looses the ball too carelessly at times and if we are really going to be a threat and challenge Chelsea etc we need to address these problems otherwise it will be another typical arsenal league and continental campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

redanddread

@nasri_8

Bro, if you want anyone to read the post it might be better in a more reader friendly format-a few paragraphs might help big time!

:confused:

redanddread

@nasri_8

We seem to play with a low block and concentrate on keeping a tight shape in front of goal, rather than pressing heavily. Sometimes pressing can cause gaps to appear in the defense if not done properly. We adopted this tactic quite successfully on several occasions last season. We did cut down the number of crosses that came in though & Chelsea never really got behind our defense nor got the ball in dangerous central areas too often.

I am more a fan of the more proactive approach on the defensive side rather than the more passive approach seen against Chelsea yesterday..

Last edited:

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Yes I understand but such a stratergy generates immense pressure on our defenders and we are gullible to the oppositions attacks without any viable outlet due to our largely underwhelming counter-atracks considering some of the players we have within the squad.

My main issue when we utilize this tactic is the chosen players selected to execute it guys like William and Hazard were skipping past Cazorla way too easily yesterday, Ramsey and Özil were too slow on the ball within our own half leading to Ramires nipping it off them then quickly feeding Fabregas who with his passing capabilities setup quite a few clear cut chances for the attackers we were just lucky they left their shooting boots at home to be honest otherwise events could've really reversed.

Overall I would have no qualms about this stratergy if we had stronger and more composed midfielders alongside a killer counter attack but we are clearly lacking in both and until we rectify such loopholes my doubts we'll continue.
@nasri_8

We seem to play with a low block and concentrate on keeping a tight shape in front of goal, rather than pressing heavily. Sometimes pressing can cause gaps to appear in the defense if not done properly. We adopted this tactic quite successfully on several occasions last season. We did cut down the number of crosses that came in though & Chelsea never really got behind our defense nor got the ball in dangerous central areas too often.

redanddread

Yes I understand but such a stratergy generates immense pressure on our defenders and we are gullible to the oppositions attacks without any viable outlet due to our largely underwhelming counter-atracks considering some of the players we have within the squad.

My main issue when we utilize this tactic is the chosen players selected to execute it guys like William and Hazard were skipping past Cazorla way too easily yesterday, Ramsey and Özil were too slow on the ball within our own half leading to Ramires nipping it off them then quickly feeding Fabregas who with his passing capabilities setup quite a few clear cut chances for the attackers we were just lucky they left their shooting boots at home to be honest otherwise events could've really reversed.

Overall I would have no qualms about this stratergy if we had stronger and more composed midfielders alongside a killer counter attack but we are clearly lacking in both and until we rectify such loopholes my doubts we'll continue.

Take a read:

http://arseblog.com/2015/08/tactics-column-Arsène-wenger-puts-defence-first-for-new-season/

BobP

Memri Fan
Just draw Chelsea and get by them in the league. Would fancy ourselves against the others, City play in an open manner so you've always got a chance and United are an enigma with Van Gaal.

onetowatch

**** this was a relief, and what a great feeling. A sign of things to come. I love the hate, we couldn't be cocky for a while, so we should feed of Mou's bitter quotes.

About the game, if someone told me 5 or 6 years ago that we would watch a CS match between Arsenal and Chelsea in 2015. in which Fabregas would be wearing blue and Cech would be between our posts I would laugh my ass off. I swear Premier League is the best soap opera there is.

Oh and by the way what the hell happened with Cesc? Slow as f*ck. I know he never was the fastest, but with this Chelsea system you can clearly see his fat ass dragging down the field. Our midfield trio played one touch around him like he is 80 years old. Besides a couple of good passes, he did jack ****. I think he peaked during the 10/11 season and after that he never quite continued down the world-class path. Barcelona was a mistake. Wouldn't take him over Özil now, and he was my favorite player. Özil is much more agile, faster and can occupy both wing positions if necessary (like yesterday), along with the playmaker role.

His best season was 09/10 when he should've won player of the year but Rooney won it because he was English a World Cup was around the corner.

But yeah, wouldn't take him over Özil now. Past his best and too slow for our game. Mind you, he can still play a dirty final ball.

onetowatch

I'm fairly sure we've broke some kind of Wembley appearance record? 6 Wembley appearances 6 victories?
The Wigan one won't count technically it was a draw. Also, we lost the 2011 Carling Cup Final and 2009 FA Cup SF at the new Wembley. But could well still be a record of consecutive wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom