• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal vs Chelsea, Sun. 2nd August, 3pm BT Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The whole handshake business is a farce really - if people dislike eachother, then don't shake eachother's hand.

Mourinho waiting at the bottom of the steps, it's cringeworthy and very false. His comments about Wenger and Benitez have been very poor over the years. Love nothing more than to knife the Portuguese pikey this season....Stamford Bridge in Sept will be huge, must not lose.

Triniboy

Indeed, if those Chelsea fans think he waited to shake Arsenes hand they are deluded. He waited to purposely snub Arsène to make a fuss. It just happens that Arsène snubbed him first. Lol, Wenger don't give a damn. I laughed when Mourinho got struck from the crowd, and he retaliated throwing his medal. Such a kid.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
So obvious with how fast Mourinho turned that he wanted to snub Wenger to play weakass mind games. Wenger got there first though. The crowd reaction is still fresh in my memory. I remember at the time I was like

"Don't shake his hand, don't shake his hand... will he shake his--NO. OHHHHHHH. OHHHHHHH. OHHHHHHHH! THAT WAS BADASS."

Like it was a ****ing tv show or something, lol.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Ivanovich and Ramires throughout the game were clearly trying to intimidate our players but no one from Arsenal bites back, Coquelin does a bit but where is our Viera, Adams, Keown, Petit, Bould etc? If Ivanovich even looked at any Arsenal player back in the day Viera would've had him for breakfast, we need more of these characters in the team in order to win this league.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
That all is a myth.
You either have characters like Vieira or you dont.
It wont win you titles.
football changed and less and less you'll see players like Vieira or Keane. Its only certain managers who try to bring that from a team, like Moronho, but I'll pick Arsène's way any day of a week
Only problem is British refs who got stuck in time, and are sadly one of the worst in top lesgues, they easily fall into those dirty tricks and acting. Will never understand why foreigns dont come in and do the job, if managers and players can... Still, no matter how stupid those refs are at times, I wouldnt like us to adopt to it as some did

Last edited:

TriniGunner

Ivanovich and Ramires throughout the game were clearly trying to intimidate our players but no one from Arsenal bites back, Coquelin does a bit but where is our Viera, Adams, Keown, Petit, Bould etc? If Ivanovich even looked at any Arsenal player back in the day Viera would've had him for breakfast, we need more of these characters in the team in order to win this league.

True but I'd prefer our players to focus on beating those ****s within the 90 minutes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That "biting back" aura builds, no? It's natural, you can't force it. I think when two teams feel they're equal and both going for the same prize, that intensity naturally comes out.

We might see it next season, now that we've beat Chelsea, some of our lads will feel they can't give no inch to Chelsea from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom